Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I CAN HEAR IT......

5 posters

Go down

I CAN HEAR IT...... Empty I CAN HEAR IT......

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:04 pm

I hear it...... a pin drop

ping.....ping....ping

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is our GM doing, everyone is loading up and all oshawa is hearing is rumours rumours rumours.....

no real action....what happenned to the sarnia deal, the ottawa deal for bell or whatever else....

sundays lookin like fun as sudbury is loaded for bear as we just sit n watch.

sorry but with the moves made or lack there of, i dont see the gens as a true contender yet, less then 24 hours till the deadline passes and right now its not lookin so good.

Back to top Go down

I CAN HEAR IT...... Empty Re: I CAN HEAR IT......

Post by Macker88 Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:17 pm

We've added Smoskowitz for a 2nd Rounder in 2 seasons and Alex Lepkowski, a big strong, rugged, yet good skating d-man, who was playing in the AHL for absolutely nothing. While Sudbury has given up numerous picks and a top offensive defensemen to slightly upgrade. I think are GM has done a fantastic job so far. No need to jump the gun.

Keep in mind these so called rumours are just that, who knows if these conversations ever even took place. The Ottawa & Sarnia deals for Van Stralen or Latta likely fell through because we have all our OA spots filled now. Secondary talks may still be happening. If Twoehy is done dealing, he's done really well. I doubt he is though, just be patient. Think of the NHL trade deadline, deals trickle in all week and then deadline day 20-25 deals are made in 8 hours.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:30 pm

BIGGSTIMEGENSFAN wrote:I hear it...... a pin drop

ping.....ping....ping

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is our GM doing, everyone is loading up and all oshawa is hearing is rumours rumours rumours.....

no real action....what happenned to the sarnia deal, the ottawa deal for bell or whatever else....

sundays lookin like fun as sudbury is loaded for bear as we just sit n watch.

sorry but with the moves made or lack there of, i dont see the gens as a true contender yet, less then 24 hours till the deadline passes and right now its not lookin so good.

I think Twohey did a good job without giving up significant assets. It is very easy to be critical when deals are not made but deals made out of desperation are often bad ones.

There have to be two sides willing to make the deal. I give credit to the GM for making good moves.

I'm really not sure why the pessimism. This was not to be the Gens year but they have surprised. I am content with the trades. Not saying any of this puts the Gens over the top but there is an aspect of chemistry that has worked this year.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:00 pm

If we get a top 6 forward, better yet a top 6 forward an a guy like Brendan bell or Ty Blicke we are way over the top. The move Twohey has made are great in my opinion. When you guys see Smoskowitz & Lepkowski play you'll understand. Barrie fans are going nuts over Lepkowski being back.

I know this is this season, but with the deals Twohey has made to date, the Generals sit nicely going into next season as well.

Appleby
Brodeur/Mabley

Brown-Vande Sompel
Carlisle-Petschenig
Desrocher-Kuronen
*Possible 1st Round Pick or Import
Plus Prospects - Robertson, Templeton, Cooper, McGing
NCAA Commit - Kelly Summers is always possible

Dal Colle - Cassels - Smith
Latour - Sterk - Dundas
Busch - Harding - Wallace
Hore - McDade - Manchurek
*Plus of Course a 1st Round Pick or Import
*Plus Prospects, Chase Pearson, Brett Seney, Ryan Burns & Michael Turner
NCAA Commits, Corey Caruso & Patrick Grass also possible.

Only Josh Brown is questionable to return, he could go to the AHL San Antonio Rampage (Florida's Affilate) but will
Like be assigned to the ECHL or OHL.
Jimi Kuronen being an import is a question mark, but I think if the Generals will have him back he'll be back.
Dal Colle will likely go top 5 in the NHL draft, he'll probably get a decent look in the NHL but expect him back.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:29 pm

i think the gens have done very well , our overage situation is vastly improved , and all we gave up is one 2nd round pick in 2016 , would be nice to add another 94 forward to round things out !!! Yes SUDBURY looks a lot better on paper than they did before the trades , Faksa and Carrick good additions no doubt , however i don't think any better than ours , and they had to give up 5 count them 5, 2nd round picks and a 3rd , yes these guys are 94's , which means Sudbury which be stacked with overage's next year and have to move some !

we still need that tough forward a 94 who can play !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:32 pm

we still have a couple of young players that we can move for that 94 forward , i'm hoping its Bell from Ottawa !!!!

did you see what Erie gave up for Mcdermid ???? wow i would have liked him , but not at that price !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:53 pm

I think Brendan Bell Would be the ideal target for the Generals at this point. He brings exactly what I think the Generals are lacking. He's 6'2, 203lbs. Has 11 goals and 16 assists for 27 points in 38 games, he's only a minus 3 on a team that's getting blown out most nights. He can contribute on the PK, he is a net front presence on the PP. He's the Captain of the Ottawa 67's, and he has playoff experience with Barrie. He's also a Durham Region Native from Uxbridge.
What I mean is he's versatile, hard to play against, can contribute on both sides of the puck and is a leader. I think he makes a lot of sense.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:56 pm

how many teams trade their Captains ????? he may not be on the market at all ?

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:57 pm

I would love to add bell, would add the sand paper kinda player with size, skill and experaince the gens need and he put points up,something dundas does not do.

Back to top Go down

Post by ol'genfan Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:24 pm

I hope given the circumstances, that the Gens pursue a larger prize for a forward. They need a Mistele, Vail, Hartman type of a player not a 3rd line role player. I think the discussion needs to be focused at a top 6 forward not a 8-12 forward.

Considering the former in mind, Dundas\Bell\Bilke discussion IMO is very short sighted, since production is based on ice time and opportunity. Bell's ice time and opportunity will diminish significantly therefore so will production, and his foot speed is a huge factor. Bilke may play similar minutes as with the Spits but has no playing upside compared to both Bell and Dundas. As per toughness, we can all watch the videos. However, IMO Dundas is the best of the three when he is on, however the issue of self control is the concern. Therefore the question is... do you want to be safer or have the better player. I would always suggest the better and I think Dundas has the greater upside.

I think its time to focus on the puck, the need is a top 6 forward.

ol'genfan

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:18 pm

I totally agree with what ol'genfan just said about everything, we do still need that top 6 forward and i was a little upset when i start hearing that the talks between sarnia and oshawa for the euro pick Goldobin had shut down and would not happen.In my mind this has to happen for the gens to keep pace with what sudbury is doing....I hope towey is still pursuing this trade cause it would be huge for the gennies if this happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:33 pm

I think Dundas is all around the best of Bell & Bilcke, but with that being said, Bell isn't far off and he doesn't have the short fuse that Dundas has. Come playoff time, say a conference final against Sudbury, a stupid penalty by Dundas could be the difference. I'd have Zero problem dealing Dundas for Bell if that could happen. Bilcke would be a nice addition in a separate transaction. Bilcke would be a nice 4th line player with a 7-8th round pick price tag.
I think if we where able to acquire Brad Vail and Brendan Bell the Generals would be set.

Sudbury has a lot of bigger players up front an big nasty defensemen, The Generals need to get bigger up front if they want to contend with the Wolves in a 7 game serious.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:41 pm

I think the gens best bet is going after vail or goldobin. Hartman would be at the top of my list but im not sure vellucci is a big deal man. I am prepared to trade on of vande sompel or harding in order to get that top forward. Just curious how many of you are prepared to trade one of these young assets.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:43 pm

sudbury has big forwards , but relatively small defense , they are riding a burning hot goalie right now .

Dundas CAN play hockey , unfortunately he is cursed by untimely stupid hits , and is marked by the league !!! overall he is a liability we should be able to improve on !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:46 pm

I don't think Sarnia is going to trade Goldobin , unless they get a bunch a 2nd 's for him , which would be too high a price for a guy who seems to be not that committed to this league by all accounts , i.e.. will he return next year ????

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Bell is overall a much better player than Dundas , contributes all over the ice , speed isn't everything if you don't know what to do when you get there !!!

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:51 pm

SARNIA should move Vail , and goldobin , but you have to ask yourself why they still have Latta as an overage when they are in last place , they obviously are asking too much !

Would have been nice to add Latta , but overall , we are better off with a solid overall defenseman like we got !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:53 pm

so far we haven't moved any of our young forwards , manchurak , McDADE , Busch …. please don't trade Harding or VanDeSOPPEL

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:54 pm

I wouldn't say Sudbury's defense is relatively small.
Carrick is 6'2, 181
Corbett is 6'2, 183
Cummins is 6'2, 214
Duinick is 6'1,190,
Raine is 6'1, 205
Capobianco is 6'1, 170
de Haan is the smallest at 6'0 161
Throw in the fact Raine, Duinick, Cummins & Carrick are as physical as they come in the OHL it adds to their size.
Palazesse is playing over his head right now, but we all know he can get hot. I'm kinda shocked Sudbury hasn't targeted a goalie because when Franky is bad.. he's real bad.
Dundas can definitely play the game, I mean the San Jose Sharks invited him to rookie camp for a reason. His head just isn't there. For every 1 game he plays well an has his head on his shoulders he plays 6 or 7 poor games. He is definitely a liability come playoff time.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:02 pm

As for why Latta is still in Sarnia, I'm hearing the asking price was a 2nd and young roster player. Oshawa didn't have a 2nd for the next 3 years, so Sarnia wanted two 3rd's and 2 young roster players. To much.. An now that Oshawa has filled their OA spot, being one of the only teams with an OA spot, Latta is basically stuck in Sarnia because there is no trading partner. If he was a 94 he'd have numerous teams interested.

Goldobin won't return to Sarnia next year, if he returns to the CHL its to a contender. If he's retained by Sarnia he won't report. He'll be moved at the deadline, its just a matter of what Sarnia will settle for.

Vail.. from Windsor, will likely be moved closer to the deadline as well, as there is a bidding war going on. Not sure who it involves, but its been suggested, Barrie, Oshawa, Guelph, London and Erie are all in on him.
London unless they move Dvorak won't get Vail, Erie just gave up a boat load of picks for MacDermid but still have a few pieces that could be in play. Guelph has 2 young D in McFadded and Bauman and numerous 2nds. Barrie has Kreis, Labanc, Mangipane, James, Carrick and Garcia that they could move for an upgrade like Vail. Oshawa could move Harding or Vande Sompel or Busch & McDade plus. I think the Favorites as of now are Barrie & Guelph

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:02 pm

At least things are'nt as bad here as they are in LEAFS LAND....

I mean they go from 2 red hot goalies playing well to 2 ice, ice cold goalies who could'nt stop a beach ball.....

who plays in net next for the leafs!!!

here are the choices......

THE LEAFS MASCOT, BRING BACK FELIX POTVIN, NO GOALIE PLAY WITH 6 SKATERS, A RANDOM FAN FROM THE STANDS, ROB FORD, OTHER CHOICE!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down