Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New jubo? New name?

3 posters

Go down

New jubo? New name? Empty New jubo? New name?

Post by steamed Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:26 am

I don't know if anyone else saw this on twitter this morning it wasn't up for long, but you should watch channel 12 news tonight @ 5 (Tuesday)
the a person from GMC account on twitter said to watch Channel 12 news new jumbotron and a new naming rights. a new name for the GMC?
any info?
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

New jubo? New name? Empty Re: New jubo? New name?

Post by KHE Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:54 am

steamed wrote:I don't know if anyone else saw this on twitter this morning it wasn't up for long, but you should watch channel 12 news tonight @ 5 (Tuesday)
the a person from GMC account on twitter said to watch Channel 12 news new jumbotron and a new naming rights. a new name for the GMC?
any info?

I was intrigued by that myself when I saw it on Twitter.  With regards to the naming rights, perhaps the deal with General Motors was a 10 year deal which means it would be up in 2016 so it would make sense if they were starting the process of finding a new suitor for the naming rights.  The jumbotron?? That may be a ploy by network to make you watch the show.  The City of Oshawa owns the arena and unless Global Spectrum is putting their own money into the rink for a new jumbotron I don't see it happening.  I personally think the City really dropped the ball with the money from the Pan Am Games.  That would have been a perfect opportunity to upgrade the jumbotron as the arena is holding a couple events their and the governments were handing out money left right and centre for event facilities and a state of the art scoreboard and digital rink ring would have been about $700,000.

Yes.. the naming rights was a 10 year deal.  http://www.durhamregion.com/news-story/3495108-gm-naming-rights-deal-equals-1-647-million-over-10-years/

EDIT; Another interesting read http://www.oshawa.ca/media/file/General%20Motors%20Centre.pdf
Actually states that they've hired a firm to look for a new naming rights sponsor. Previously GM paying $80K per year for the last 5 years. They feel they can get $250K per year. Also states that they ARE working hard for a new jumbotron. Interesting....

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by kvj Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:32 am

any more info on this? I didn't get a chance to watch the news.

kvj

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:02 pm

kvj wrote:any more info on this? I didn't get a chance to watch the news.

Wasn't home from work to see it. I think they'll put it online later today.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum