Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

draft pick trade

5 posters

Go down

draft pick trade Empty draft pick trade

Post by steamed Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:17 pm

The Gen's made a draft pick trade OSH 6th Rnd '17 to OS for 8th Rnd '15
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

draft pick trade Empty Re: draft pick trade

Post by jaycro Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:44 pm

Wow! I wish we had something to trade for a 2nd or at least a high 3rd but the cupboards are bare and the trade deadline is 3:00 pm today! Sadness! Tomorrow is going to be a long day!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

draft pick trade Empty Live in the moment

Post by Gens Camper Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:40 pm

We have a Great team NOW - our best chance to WIN it all

We went all in at the trade deadline 99 % of us were glad we did so the future will take care of itself

This is how you compete now - great scouting staff - great coaches - patient fans

ENJOY the series NOW

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:00 pm

I hope you have that same enthusiasm next January. The next three weeks will determine if it was worth it.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerfan1 Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:11 pm

jaycro wrote:I hope you have that same enthusiasm next January. The next three weeks will determine if it was worth it.

It beats doing nothing and wasting the final year for guys like Brown, MDC, Appleby, and Smith... The team has the talent now so they had to go for it. If MDC or Appleby are back next year, they will definitely be shipped out if this team is anywhere but top of the league again. Gens should have been contenders when Tavares was here but they never brought in anyone of worth to fill out those teams. Last season we were given a gift when Laughton was sent back, but again they did nothing and we got run by the Battalion.
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Number of posts : 59
Seat Section : 101
Registration date : 2014-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:47 pm

Don't get me wrong, Tuckerfan. I don't regret Hunt making the moves he did. Previous GMs didn't have the ----- to do it. All I am saying is , if we don't get, at least, to the league finals, people have little patience and short memories and when the snow is flying next January, those human instincts will come into play and you had better get the 'crying towels' out. And, I hope the Gens did not make a mistake with MacLean! I cannot believe they would draft a player that high unless they had a verbal commitment from him. Usually, a 4th is not really taking a 'flyer' but with the dearth of picks available to the Gens this year it is! It will be interesting to see if he shows.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerfan1 Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:14 pm

jaycro wrote:Don't get me wrong, Tuckerfan. I don't regret Hunt making the moves he did. Previous GMs didn't have the ----- to do it. All I am saying is , if we don't get, at least, to the league finals, people have little patience and short memories and when the snow is flying next January, those human instincts will come into play and you had better get the 'crying towels'  out. And, I hope the Gens did not make a mistake with MacLean! I cannot believe they would draft a player that high unless they had a verbal commitment from him. Usually, a 4th is not really taking a 'flyer' but with the dearth of picks available to the Gens this year it is! It will be interesting to see if he shows.

They drafted Biggs round 2 in his year. Not sure if it was well known that he would eventually play for them since his dad did as well. I just remember it being a bit of a surprise that he only played at U of Miami for 1 season and then he left.
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Number of posts : 59
Seat Section : 101
Registration date : 2014-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:09 pm

But with the shortage of higher ranked draftees this year, the Gens need him now, not a year from now if that is what you are implying. With the odd exception, like Cirelli, for example, very seldom do any players drafted beyond the 4th round make OHL teams. After Strudnicka, the next player who was drafted was in the 5th round. You would have to be extremely lucky to get a player from there on out. Conclusion...not much rookie talent coming in to replace the 9 or 10 95s graduating. Pickings will be slim at training camp unless some 98s show well.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:49 am

Have faith Shwa fans. My last time in the rock down here in Kingston I didn't see a lot of talent coming back here next year, at least not according to a couple of long timers. It cost you a lot more to clean your banners than it costs Springer the owner here.You will do well barring injuries and suspensions. Do you really think Richie in the Sault can avoid a suspension?

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down