Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014-2015 OHL Champs!

3 posters

Go down

2014-2015 OHL Champs! Empty 2014-2015 OHL Champs!

Post by Tuckerfan1 Sat May 16, 2015 12:50 am

What an incredible year, topped off by shutting down the most talked about kid in junior hockey. It's too bad thats our last game at the GMC for the year, but I cant wait to see what the boys can do in Quebec.
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Number of posts : 59
Seat Section : 101
Registration date : 2014-11-21

Back to top Go down

2014-2015 OHL Champs! Empty Re: 2014-2015 OHL Champs!

Post by Hayes#21 Sun May 17, 2015 7:23 am

Oh my goodness! How sweet this is! Congratulations to our Oshawa generals.

I was reading some of HF board comments and found it very interesting. That the majority of the Erie fans did not feel that their team was given a fair chance in the series. That Oshawa played dirty and got away with the "unfair" play. So I went back and looked just for kicks and giggles....the penalties were fairly even in the series. Erie played just as dirty as Oshawa and did not get called either. I personally found Strome to be involved in the majority of after whistle scrums...punching any and all generals...never called.
I am not whining, I think the series was called great. Both teams got away with some questionable calls...but in the most part, the officiating let the players on the ice decide the outcome.

I realize on paper Erie had all the best stats to eliminate the Gens, and I guess the Erie fans didn't realize, paper doesn't win. The only thing that matters is the on ice game. I think the series was won, with lines 3 and 4. Lines one and two, matched up pretty evenly throughout the series, but the supporting players of the Oshawa generals out performed the supporting players of Otters. Then of course goaltending. When our team made a mistake (gonna happen in junior hockey) Ken was there to keep us in every game. His save on McDavid breakaway...phenomenal!

I was a little disappointed in our fans for booing McDavid for the MVP. He was very close to breaking a OHL record, he is arguably the best CHL player this year, and we cannot appreciate the talent we were blessed to watch? I never boo. I cheered for the over agers leaving Erie and for McDavid. He deserved the MVP. Kenny got an award too. Wonder if our fans didn't hear it over the excitement of winning?

I am so proud of our boys. Now we have the hardest games yet coming up. I personally cannot make the whole tournament, but I am going to the final game. I believe in this team and I know they can do it.

I am sure the moment the announcers get a chance...in the Oshawa games...it will be mentioned how Connor McDavids Erie otters were beat by this no name team.

See you there Boys! Let's get this done!

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun May 17, 2015 2:30 pm

To start it's pretty simple , we won because we were clearly the better team , we did not win this in a 7 game close series , we won in 5 , and could have been 4 straight with skittle luck

We won , 4 to 1 , 5 to 1 , lost by 1 goal , won in Ot , and won 6 to 2

The north bay series was tougher
We scored more goals , had better defence and much better goaltending

We were clearly the better TEAM

I would not and did not boo MacDavid , he is clearly that's the most raw talent of any 18 year old in the CHL

But is is not the best player , he racked up all those points because of the way his coach used him , he did not play D checking at all , he was constantly out there when the was an offensive opportunity , he has lots to learn yet about being a complete player

In this series Cassels was clearly the better more impactful player

Yet all we heard about was MacDavid , that was simply media hype , and very annoying actually , Erie had other players on their team Too , Betz being one who I was really impressed with

I'm leaving for Quebec to see all all the games , and to support and cheer on a real TEAM , The OSHAWA GENERALS

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun May 17, 2015 7:25 pm

Oh and by the way , DJ Smith , seriously out coached all the opposition coaches along the way , amazing job !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down