Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingston Trip

+11
ohagan
dewitl
gensrock
opinionated
Gens_Fan_22
hockeybeats
archer_gens
newgensfan85
UGENS
Kevy
5forfighting
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kingston Trip Empty Kingston Trip

Post by 5forfighting Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:38 pm

is there no bus going down for games #2 and #4?

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Kingston Trip Empty Re: Kingston Trip

Post by Kevy Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Give them time to set something up. Geez
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Thanks for the support Kevy !!
Rome was not built in a day 5forfighting, box offices open at different times in different arenas and booking buses take time . Also I do have a life besides hockey you know, I do have a family lol!!!

Now the information is our regular members get first right on the bus, so if you want to go, call and have you name put on the list. Once our regulars have been heard from, then I'll let you know if you made it on the bus that's the best I can offer. You can call me at 905-571-2044

The cost of the trip is $58 that includes the bus and ticket into the game. We will be leaving from the Legends at 4:30 sharp.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Thank for your reply. I was actually inquiring as I planned to drive myself up and was suprise to see there was no bus going. I was going to try to sit my group by the booster club that was all. Louder in numbers.

I understand that rome was not built in a day, however, I also know that you are pretty quick at getting buses etc together and was surprised I didnt see anything posted as of yet.

I am full aware of how the bus operates as I rode on for close to 15 years.

5forfighting

Back to top Go down

Post by newgensfan85 Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:12 pm

i think the better way to have answered that ugens was to simply say it is being discussed at the moment information will be given out soon..people obviously know everyone has a life and family etc.

newgensfan85

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:22 pm

U know stop picking on the ladie that puts everything together for us fans to go and enjoy these trips without having to drive ourselves,use our gas which is like gold right now and be able to enjoy the company of other gens fans as well as enjoy great hockey games in out of town arenas.All we do is say we are going,pay and show up,she books everything,does the calling and inquires about ticket prices.So if the timing is not to ur satisfaction then just be a little more patient as it is monday and we all have our lives outside of the hockey world.We do this as a thing of fun in our everyday lives asaide from what we normally do.So patience is a virtue,plus she has to make sure enough are going to announce it or theres no point as u can tell from the booster board a number of trips have canncelled cause not enough have signed up to go.So all im saying is instead of telling her to hurry up,just give her thanks for all her hard work she does so we can enjoy the trip thats all.GO GENS GO.And thanks karen,see ya thursday with the money for fridays trip.

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:56 pm

I dont believe my original post was rude or I was picking on Karon. I simple asked if there was a bus going. I also don't believe the other poster was picking on her, just stating that perhaps her response came off a little harsh- although I'm sure she meant it to be funny. I also apologize if my original statement about riding the bus for 15 yrs seemed harsh, as it was not intended too.

As i mentioned earlier I rode the bus for 15 years and have known Karon for that plus(as well as her family). I dont take away from what she does and realize that there is a lot of planning involved. I was just surprised that I did not see anything posted by midday.

Actually I think its kinda of funny that -" is there no bus going to games #2 and #4" has generated such a thread.

5forfighting

Back to top Go down

Post by newgensfan85 Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:15 pm

i just like 5forfighting was not picking on karon what so ever if mine did come off as that i am sorry, i was just stating that UGENS post could have been said differently even if it was meant as a joke the way it is written and the words used are not a good choice and i gave a much simpler way of stating it

newgensfan85

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:49 am

Anyways any idea where ur sitting ugens?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:50 pm

archer_gens I've asked for section 114 the same as they get 107 here . So I hope that's where we'll be .

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:22 pm

My thinking is that they shouldn't have too much trouble finding an empty group of seats in Kingston in any section.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:30 pm

That depends hockeybeats.
I have been around way too long and it is amazing how many people jump on the bandwagon once a team makes the playoffs. This is especially true in Kingston.
That said, I highly doubt they will fill that arena but one never knows.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by opinionated Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:31 am

UGENS wrote:Now the information is our regular members get first right on the bus, so if you want to go, call and have you name put on the list. Once our regulars have been heard from, then I'll let you know if you made it on the bus that's the best I can offer.
UGENS(Karon)

I've never been "on the bus", but if preferntial treatment is given to others, and I have to pay the same price as them, I can easily say that I will never want to go -- why would I want to be treated like a second class person? Have these "regular members" paid something extra to deserve the special treatment?

Presuming that nobody has paid any extra for preferential treatment, I would think that it would be most fair to offer up anything like seats on a bus on a first come, first served basis. If someone is excited enough about going to make the effort to be first in line, they shouldn't be wait listed just because its their first time.

Just my opinion.

opinionated

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:49 pm

opinionated wrote:
UGENS wrote:Now the information is our regular members get first right on the bus, so if you want to go, call and have you name put on the list. Once our regulars have been heard from, then I'll let you know if you made it on the bus that's the best I can offer.
UGENS(Karon)

I've never been "on the bus", but if preferntial treatment is given to others, and I have to pay the same price as them, I can easily say that I will never want to go -- why would I want to be treated like a second class person? Have these "regular members" paid something extra to deserve the special treatment?

Presuming that nobody has paid any extra for preferential treatment, I would think that it would be most fair to offer up anything like seats on a bus on a first come, first served basis. If someone is excited enough about going to make the effort to be first in line, they shouldn't be wait listed just because its their first time.

Just my opinion.

well what UGENS(Karon) means by that is that if anyone who has went and supported the boys on any b bus trip this year will get to go first and if their are any seats open then others can go. plain & simple.
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:13 pm

opinionated, are you against the Generals offering playoff tickets to season ticket holders before everybody else? If the Memorial Cup were in Oshawa (or any other special event), you don't think Generals season ticket holders should be offered tickets before the general public?

This is pretty much the way things operate anywhere. It's not treating some people as second-class citizens, it's a reward for loyalty. It's no different than a restaurant that offers quicker service or special offers (even an occassional freebie) for its regulars.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by opinionated Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Hockeybeats,

I am a season ticket holder, and committed my money to the team well in advance of the season for all 34 games-- whether I attended them all or not. By doing so, I paid a premium, one perk of which is the first opportunity to "get on" the playoff bus.

What has been suggested is that anyone who bought a ticket to even 1 Gens game this year should be given priority to buy playoff tickets -- over those who did not buy any tickets during the year. I don't see that as being fair.

I don't recall ever seeing a "bus package" where I could guarantee myself a seat on every regular season trip if I wanted one -- if such a thing existed, anyone who partook in that package would indeed be entitled to preferential treatment for the playoffs. But without it, I'm not sure why my desire to buy a spot on the bus should be less important than anyone else's desire.

opinionated

Back to top Go down

Post by dewitl Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:05 pm

Sorry opinionated, but I disagree with you. I have never been on a booster bus trip and think it's only fair that those who have supported the road trips (and thereby made them possible all season) should have first crack at getting on the playoff bus. It's a matter of supporting those who have been on the road trips regularly and rewarding them for their support. Nobody has to plan the road trips, but they happen thanks to the dedication of those who pay to go each time there is a road trip. I agree with hockeybeats that it's a reward for loyalty and I say it's deserved.

Also, the playoff bus has nothing to do with having seasons tickets as it is dedicated fans and not the Generals who plan the bus trips. It's not an included perk of your seasons tickets. If you don't get on the bus and you are as determined to see the playoff away games as you seem to be, buy yourself a ticket and drive to the away games. Plenty of people on this forum don't ride the booster bus but still drive to the away games during the season to show their support.

Just my opinion.

dewitl

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 116
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:07 pm

They did commit money, it's not a free bus. Karon always does it this way, it's nothing new. Attending one game during the season is your payment for reserving a spot on the playoff bus. For the record, I've never been on the bus myself so I'm in the so-called excluded group but I see nothing wrong with that.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:52 am

dewitl wrote:Sorry opinionated, but I disagree with you. I have never been on a booster bus trip and think it's only fair that those who have supported the road trips (and thereby made them possible all season) should have first crack at getting on the playoff bus. It's a matter of supporting those who have been on the road trips regularly and rewarding them for their support. Nobody has to plan the road trips, but they happen thanks to the dedication of those who pay to go each time there is a road trip. I agree with hockeybeats that it's a reward for loyalty and I say it's deserved.

Also, the playoff bus has nothing to do with having seasons tickets as it is dedicated fans and not the Generals who plan the bus trips. It's not an included perk of your seasons tickets. If you don't get on the bus and you are as determined to see the playoff away games as you seem to be, buy yourself a ticket and drive to the away games. Plenty of people on this forum don't ride the booster bus but still drive to the away games during the season to show their support.

Just my opinion.

Very well put dewitl and I fully agree. We as fans are lucky to have someone like Karon organizing these bus trips and I think she does a very good job ( I have been on the bus and was very satistfied ). If someone does not like the rules then don't go. I agree with letting the regulars have 1st crack at a seat on the bus as if not for them many more bus trips would be cancelled due to not enough people going so I think their loyalty should be rewarded on that fact alone.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:51 pm

The booster bus is not based on whether you have purchased season tickets .

The booster bus has nothing to do with Oshawa Generals Management. They do not subsize or provide any assistance.

This is in an independent lady, who takes a lot of heat, from fans, because now we are in the playoffs and fans who never took a trip believe they deserve something for buying season tickets during the year.

The regular fans, who ride the booster bus , should now not be able to go, because some fans believe they deserve it more than the people that support the bus throughout the year?

Karon mentioned, you would be put on a waiting list. And trust me...if she has enough people...and it is permitted by the opposing arena...she would not hestiate to send two buses to accomodate the fans. She truly does an amazing job. Give her a break.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by opinionated Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Sorry . . . Having spoken my opinion, I was going to let the issue die, but . . .

I never said, nor meant to imply that having purchased season's tickets entitled me or anyone else space on a booster bus. Someone else brought it up as a comparison, and I simply replied to his/her usage of it as a valid comparison.

I also never meant to imply that (a) it wasn't a lot of work, nor (b) that the one person organizing it didn't to a great job doing it. I fully agree that without volunteers stepping up, everyone would miss out on a lot of life's little extras.

I also fully agree that if someone doesn't like any policy, they're always free to choose not to be involved. I believe I stated that I would choose not to be invovled in my original post.

My only comment was meant to be that having a "favourites first" policy on something where everyone was paying the same amount to theoretically have an equal right to seemed unfair.

And finally . . . just in case anyone thinks I don't appreciate it, a big thanks to UGENS for maintaining this forum so that we can all express our opinions.

opinionated

Back to top Go down

Post by runner Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:46 pm

The bus trips are run by the Oshawa Generals Booster Club. To become a member of the Booster Club you take the bus during the regular season. By riding the bus once each year you maintain your membership and get first crack at play off trips when there is more demand.

I don't believe its about playing "favourites." Its about taking care of members first and ensuring that those who have supported the bus trips all season long get a chance to have a seat.

They are a very accomodating and welcoming bunch. While i haven't gone this year my son and I have gone in the past. We had a great time and met lots of wonderful people.

runner

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Gensfan1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:55 pm

opinionated wrote:Sorry . . . Having spoken my opinion, I was going to let the issue die, but . . .

I never said, nor meant to imply that having purchased season's tickets entitled me or anyone else space on a booster bus. Someone else brought it up as a comparison, and I simply replied to his/her usage of it as a valid comparison.

I also never meant to imply that (a) it wasn't a lot of work, nor (b) that the one person organizing it didn't to a great job doing it. I fully agree that without volunteers stepping up, everyone would miss out on a lot of life's little extras.

I also fully agree that if someone doesn't like any policy, they're always free to choose not to be involved. I believe I stated that I would choose not to be invovled in my original post.

My only comment was meant to be that having a "favourites first" policy on something where everyone was paying the same amount to theoretically have an equal right to seemed unfair.

And finally . . . just in case anyone thinks I don't appreciate it, a big thanks to UGENS for maintaining this forum so that we can all express our opinions.

So I have only missed 8 road games this year and your saying that im not allowed to have first crack at a seat on the booster club bus?

Thats not right!
Gensfan1
Gensfan1

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by newgensfan85 Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:55 pm

I'm friends with someone who is a booster club member of another ohl team, and I brought up these comments about how the generals booster club is run, we find it to be a bit odd too how booster members get first and the outsiders get whatever is left.. How my friend does hers is anyone can go no waiting list for non members the onlt perk the members get is a cheaper rate for riding on the bus which I believe that to be fair!

newgensfan85

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Whenever I go on road games, I drive myself. Or, go up with some season ticket buddies that sit around me. The road trip is awesome, leave whenever, go to dinner where ever!

Love it!
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next