Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advertising on Bottom of the glass

4 posters

Go down

Advertising on Bottom of the glass Empty Advertising on Bottom of the glass

Post by David T Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:44 pm

I sent this to the Duncan Stauth
VP of Business Operations
Oshawa Generals Hockey Club
T: 905-433-0900 x2223

C: 416-347-4800

F: 905-433-0868    

Email: dstauth@oshawagenerals.com

If you are on the first row send him an e-mail or call him. I am not sure what the thinking was on this NEW advertising. It should not block fans site lines.

We are  season ticket holders. Last night we attended the home opener. To our surprise we found advertising on the bottom of the glass.

This obstructed our view. It was especially bad  trying to see the puck in the net area. I did notice that the advertising was not in front of the goal judge area. We only watched one period from our seats. We watched the game from another location. Please take a look at this. We would request it be removed so we can have clean site lines again.

Last edited by David T on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:57 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

David T

Number of posts : 29
Seat Section : 118 ROW 1
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Advertising on Bottom of the glass Empty Re: Advertising on Bottom of the glass

Post by archer_gens Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:02 am

I contacted Jason Hickman about this already. If there is still the same issue Friday then I will email Duncan as well.

p.s. so you are aware the answer some STH's got (not from Jason) was that the advertisements would be there all year so deal with it. I also heard from someone else there was a way to lighten it so it is easier to see through and that the add will be halved.

My friend could not see the game (she is shorter then me) and I also very often take my friends son with me who will also not be able to see.

That being said I'm gonna give Gens Management the benefit of the doubt for now and see what sort of solution they come up with for Fridays game.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Advertising on Bottom of the glass Empty Do not wait contact the VP now

Post by David T Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:12 am

archer_gens wrote:I contacted Jason Hickman about this already. If there is still the same issue Friday then I will email Duncan as well.

p.s. so you are aware the answer some STH's got (not from Jason) was that the advertisements would be there all year so deal with it. I also heard from someone else there was a way to lighten it so it is easier to see through and that the add will be halved.

My friend could not see the game (she is shorter then me) and I also very often take my friends son with me who will also not be able to see.

That being said I'm gonna give Gens Management the benefit of the doubt for now and see what sort of solution they come up with for Fridays game.
Do not wait contact the VP and copy Jason, I am so upset about this. This should have never happened.  Look at the answer some of the STH have got already.

David T

Seat Section : 118 ROW 1
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by chupa81 Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:25 am

When you send the note about the advertising, ask about the crappy score board we have!! Maybe they put the glass advertising so we can forget about the score board tv! Some of us where chatting on Sunday that the video board looked worse than ever! Does anybody think we will ever get a new one?

chupa81

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:48 am

Perhaps a new scoreboard when the PanAm games come to town would be possible. There may be some funding then. Scoreboards are very expensive.

When you think about the scoreboard remember what we had at the Civic. The taxpayers of the City of Oshawa are still paying for the building. The scoreboard was one place they did not spend what they should have.

Yes I hate the current scoreboard but we have to be realistic about the costs.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:31 pm

Someone told me that the video board just needs a better bulb? but i know nothing about that sort of thing

archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Advertising on Bottom of the glass Empty It will be removed They listened

Post by David T Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:35 pm

First let me thank you for sending us your concerns regarding our Arena Glass. I do appreciate your input, and understand your perspective. I am certain you understand our need to continually develop new opportunities for advertising, but we don’t do it at the expense of sacrificing your in building entertainment.

We have had many conversations with our manufacturer this week and they have brought us several possible different solutions in order to improve the sightlines for the first 2 rows of seats. These are the seats which were the most effected by our new advertising opportunity. After reviewing all of our options, and with the support of our great partner FCI Windows, we have decided to remove this advertising from our arena until a suitable solution is developed.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Sincerely,

Duncan Stauth
VP of Business Operations
Oshawa Generals Hockey Club
99 Athol Street East Oshawa, ON L1H 1J8

T: 905-433-0900 x2223

C: 416-347-4800

F: 905-433-0868    

Email: dstauth@oshawagenerals.com

David T