Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deadline rumours !

+3
jaycro
steamed
Macker88
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Deadline rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Deadline rumours !

Post by mygens Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:28 pm

chapman as well would work ! big ! plus minus pretty good considering the teams record

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:54 pm

I'm hearing the Ottawa deal has been put on the backburner, as Ottawa backed out of the original deal and now want more for Van Stralen.

However I'm hearing Oshawa & Sarnia are talking, hearing everything from big blockbuster deal to simple small deal. I've Heard DeAngelo & Latta for Vande Sompel, Manchurek, McDade & Picks... High Picks. Our next available 2nd, and earliest available 3rd's (2 of them).
Also hearing, Chapman & Goldobin for Harding, Manchurek and some sort of pick.
But the deal with the most traction and the one that makes the most sense is, Latta & Chapman, for McDade, Hore & picks.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:59 pm

Sorry, clicked send by accident.. further more,

I've also heard Jimmy McDowell could be on his way back to the Generals. I know the Generals are really interested in Goldobin to though.

Look for the Gens and Sting to come together very soon, Chapman, Latta, McDowell seem to be the most likely names, but outside shot on DeAngelo & Goldobin. With this being said its likely they're out on a deal for Koekkoek or Curcuruto or Carrick.

Also hearing on the 67's front Brendan Bell could be the Generals target not Van Stralen. An that 94 for 94 deal would make sense as I'm hearing Dundas could be going the other way.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:43 pm

is it just me or have things gone flatter then the leafs.... all this hype this morning and poof nothing happens...kinda disappointing....i would much rather be reading trades then rumours.

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:44 pm

I would swap Dundas for Bell ! would prefer not to reunite with McDOWELL , not big or tough enough , we already have Carlisle and Van de Soppel .

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:48 pm

i hope we don't have to trade HARDING To get what we need , Van de Soppel as well ………..

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:52 pm

Personally i don't think the gens should give up much for van stralen , he really hasn't done much the past two years , and he hasn't really impressed me in the games I've seen , i guess he has a big upside , but we wouldn't realize that since he's already an overeager

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:54 pm

Goldobin , is very talented no question , a 95 ! but the gens would have to be assured he will return next year , as I've heard he might go back to Russia !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:55 pm

hopefully something will get done with Sarnia , i like what they have to offer !!!!!

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:03 pm

I too would love Bell for Dundas, Bell strikes me as a smart, tough, no non sense player, who's willing to put the team before anything else. Likely was he was named Captain of the 67's. A player similar to Bell is Ty Blicke from Windsor, he's also a 94, plays a tough no non sense game, his offensive upside isn't as good as Bell's but that wouldn't be his role anyways.

What we want an what we need are two completely different things. We want Faksa or Hartman, Koekkoek or Carrick. But guys like Van Stralen, Latta, Blicke, Bell, Chapman, Didotai, & Seymour all upgrade are team and fill our needs. Not to mention come far cheaper then the big name guys.

As for Van Stralen, He's a former 9th round pick, It's only his 3rd full season in the OHL, he spent his 1st two years of junior in the CCHL with Smith Falls. The thing about Van Stralen is he's continued to improve year in an year out, maybe not by leaps and bounds but if point totals are any indication he's doubled his numbers yearly in the OHL. 2011-2012, 60GP 7G 11A 18PTS 70PIM, 2012-2013, 61GP 16G 23A 39PTS 88PIM, 2013-2014 38GP 17G 18A 35PTS 47PIM (Which is on pace to double his numbers again). He's 6'3, 207lb, he's strong along the boards, wins a lot of puck battles, he finishes his body checks, will drop the gloves and has an NHL caliber shot. He may not stand out with speed or hands or overwhelming skill, but he does all the little things right and is a smart hockey player, and can find the net.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:06 pm

As for Sarnia, Sarnia is said to be looking to move an import for a 96 or 97 or a 95 who would likely return for an OA season. The talk on Goldobin is, he is 50/50 to return, and this is why they are more inclined to trade him, on top of his higher trade value. Sarnia will have a top 10 import pick next season and will have another talented European coming in, so they want to get something of value while their in a position of strength. As if they wait everyone will know they need to clear an import spot and trade value will go down.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Well it look like it's going to be Latta as per Twitter OHL sources: 96 Born OSH player + 2nd rounder to SAR for N. Latta. Got a feeling it's Busch.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Hate to give up another 2nd(what's that our 2020?) and Busch. One or the other but not both. Substitute Hore or Manchurek. Maybe if they threw Chapman I might do it?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:37 pm

I heard Chapman is involved in the deal, as is Hore and a later pick.

It would be Busch, Hore, 2nd rounder in 20?? and a 6-8th in 2014 or 2015 for Latta & Chapman

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:39 pm

Yeah i would much rather not give up bush, hes really playing great and step up when laughton was gone in scoring goals and being a great player......Would rather give up Hore or Manchurek.

Correct me if im wrong but i remember somebody saying latuor was on the trading block....is that still in the books????

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:12 pm

I'm hearing on top of the Latta & Chapman to the Generals deal, Oshawa is also working on a deal to acquire some toughness in Brendan Bell from Ottawa.
They've also acquired on Ty Blicke from Windsor.

I heard a rumour the Generals where talking to Kitchener also, I'm not sure its focused around Faksa, but possibly Marcantuoni or Max Iafrate ?

Eric Ming is Drawing lots of interest, but being an OA its mostly talk as teams are looking to move out OA's for picks to then move Ming in. Billy Jenkins an Luke Mercer also drawing interest. Mercer is drawing interest mainly from teams who cant afford to get in on Carrick or Koekkoek.

Also hearing Peterborough could be Van Stralen's landing spot with the team either waiving D'Agostini or moving him if they find a taker.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:18 pm

Sarnia and the Gen's called it a night if anything's going to happen, it will be done in the morning, I think it's more to the deal than rumoured and that's why it's  taking a little longer, in my opinion we will  be getting Latta, Chapman and Goldobin. That would solve our OA, Dman & Euro. Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by WILLSPEN1966 Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:30 pm

steamed wrote:Sarnia and the Gen's called it a night if anything's going to happen, it will be done in the morning, I think it's more to the deal than rumoured and that's why it's  taking a little longer, in my opinion we will  be getting Latta, Chapman and Goldobin. That would solve our OA, Dman & Euro. Laughing

That's is quite a deal moving forward.. Hoping it gets done. Hope the Gens have the parts to make it work
WILLSPEN1966
WILLSPEN1966

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:38 pm

WILLSPEN1966 wrote:
steamed wrote:Sarnia and the Gen's called it a night if anything's going to happen, it will be done in the morning, I think it's more to the deal than rumoured and that's why it's  taking a little longer, in my opinion we will  be getting Latta, Chapman and Goldobin. That would solve our OA, Dman & Euro. Laughing

That's is quite a deal moving forward.. Hoping it gets done. Hope the Gens have the parts to make it work

I don't think that trade will happen as we don't have the part to make it happen as you said and that's why I put  Laughing @ the end, but would like to see it happen though.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:05 pm

Considering Sarnia just traded Hore and Bryan Moore for Kevin Spinozzi you never know. I mean Chapman should cost more then a 4th at most, probably can be had for a 5th or a 6th an 9th. Latta stats wise should fetch a decent return, but Oshawa is dealing from an advantage point as they are the only team with an OA opening. Goldobin, great player '95, perfect fit on the top line. But... He could be gone next year. So again he may cost less then his play an stats suggest. What I'm saying is as far fetched as it may have sounded originally, it is entirely possible.

Goldobin, Latta & Chapman for Busch, McDade, our next available 2nd, a 3rd and 5th.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:18 am

Hearing Alex Lepkowski is coming to the Generals to fill their OA position. Lepkowski costs the generals absolutely nothing as he was playing for the Rochester Americans of the AHL briefly and currently with the Greenville Road Warriors.

If this is in fact true this is a major upgrade to their backed. While he will not add much offensively he's steady as they come defensively. Very similar to Clark Seymour except he comes with no price tag. Lepkowski should pair with Josh Brown as a true shutdown unit. Carlisle & Suellentrop being a pair and Vande Sompel playing with Petschenig.

As for Koekkoek, Hearing London is actually a real possibility. Dvorak is the name Im hearing will be going back to Windsor along with an un-named American prospect and draft picks.

Still hearing Oshawa is talking to Sarnia and Ottawa. Brendan Bell for Dundas or McDade and a 5th are possibilities. As is Goldobin for Busch, Hore and picks.

Another interesting Rumour is Jimi Kuronen being on the move, although I don't see why we'd move him unless we need two import spots.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:30 am

Hearing, DeAngelo is headed to London ! I wonder what exactly is going back to Sarnia. Can't Imagine its Dvorak or McCarron as they both only came to the OHL to play to London. Probably not Marner either as Hunter has refused to include him in any deal.

Hearing Faksa turned down deals to Peterborough & Barrie earlier in the day. One has to wonder why he'd go to Sudbury and not Barrie.

Koekkoek & Vail both played tonight for Windsor, sorta weird they didn't sit them out.

Also hearing Guelph is still interested in a goalie, Spencer Martin & Jake Paterson keep coming up... Where there's smoke there's fire. Guelph is they one team that could get one of these guys. Lots of picks, lots of young talent. Craievich, Bauman, McFadden, Mancina or Nichols all could be in play.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2