Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting more fan support.....LOVING IT TOO!!!!

3 posters

Go down

Getting more fan support.....LOVING IT TOO!!!! Empty Getting more fan support.....LOVING IT TOO!!!!

Post by Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:59 pm

Oshawa_Generals fans taking notice of their spectacular team. Last 3 home games averaging 5,234 fans! They averaged 4,533 their first 19.

Great to see this and its adding more to the atmospheare and adds a better feel to every game, plus it must pump the guys up alot more seeing more n more fans coming out now.

We had very very good freinds of ours show up last game vs sarnia and they said they where really looking into getting season tickets...They love the hockey and the quality and stuff so thats a great thing.

I fully expect the game on sunday vs erie to be over 6000 fans.

What does everyone else think.

Back to top Go down

Getting more fan support.....LOVING IT TOO!!!! Empty Re: Getting more fan support.....LOVING IT TOO!!!!

Post by hockeybeats Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:26 pm

Attendance always goes up after Christmas. Rather than compare to the first 19 games, it's better to compare to this time last year. Attendance in January last year was very strong and continued strong throughout the rest of the regular season (it always drops when the playoffs start). My recollection of January 2013 was that it was the highest attendance of any of the eight seasons that I worked with the Generals and it would be very difficult to match that. The OHL site seems to be down, I'm trying to pull up attendance stats but it's not working so I googled Gens Petes January 2013 because I have a vague memory of high attendance vs Peterborough and I was right, 6269 on Jan. 11 2013.

http://www.durhamregion.com/sports-story/3510954-oshawa-generals-outlast-peterborough-petes-in-shootout/

Nice to see attendance up but it is normal and last year will be tough to beat. They  got 6000+ two or three times last year if my memory is correct.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Getting more fan support.....LOVING IT TOO!!!! Empty Re: Getting more fan support.....LOVING IT TOO!!!!

Post by Rinkrat Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:50 pm

Stay positive. We have great fan support. Take a look at similar markets with similar sized rinks and check attendance numbers... We are leaders and should be proud of that...

Rinkrat

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:52 pm

I agree, I took in the Mississauga vs London game at the Hershey Center and the announced attendance was 1200 and to be honest at least 600 maybe more where clearly London fans. An by clearly I mean Jerseys, sweaters, t-shirts and so on. I'm betting it could be more then 600 London fans. I took in the Steelheads vs Barrie in Mississauga just before the new year and there was an announced attendance of 1019. An that was with a free ticket give away voucher that it seemed like where given to certain ethnic organizations to get them out to the game. I believe it was a Pakistani sports group and a Chinese group. There must have been 200-300 of people in each of those groups. I spoke briefly to a younger guy with the one group an he had mentioned they received the vouchers for free.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:54 pm

Rinkrat, I didn't want to make it sound negative, the Gens do have great fan support. Just putting the stats in perspective for a year-to-year comparison. Since moving to the GMC, the Gens have never been lower than 6th out of 20 in the OHL in attendance and have been as high as 4th. They're 4th right now. Considering Ottawa, London and Kitchener have much larger rinks, those are outstanding attendance numbers.

Nice attendance stats website if you're interested, you can search as far back as 2005-06:

http://www.hockeyattendance.com/league/ohl/2013/?sort=avg_att

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkrat Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:44 am

hockeybeats wrote:Rinkrat, I didn't want to make it sound negative, the Gens do have great fan support. Just putting the stats in perspective for a year-to-year comparison. Since moving to the GMC, the Gens have never been lower than 6th out of 20 in the OHL in attendance and have been as high as 4th. They're 4th right now. Considering Ottawa, London and Kitchener have much larger rinks, those are outstanding attendance numbers.

Nice attendance stats website if you're interested, you can search as far back as 2005-06:

http://www.hockeyattendance.com/league/ohl/2013/?sort=avg_att

Interesting info,,,,, Thanks

Rinkrat

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down