Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music at the games

+13
Rinkrat
oshgens2k2
archer_gens
Macker88
golfermum
Oshawa fan
ag48
JPH
pointdexter
mygens
hockeybeats
nerfherder
Gens_Fan_22
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Music at the games - Page 2 Empty Re: Music at the games

Post by 5forfighting Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:34 pm

First, welcome back Beats! You've been around the boards along time and its nice to have you back.

Secondly, it almost sounds like this a mute arguement with the Generals. If one of the owners is doing the music, i'm pretty sure its going to be his way or his way:) I've been going to the game for a long time and not to start another disagrement, but in most cases I have found that the generals organization doesnt really give an ounce of care towards their fans. As long as the money comes in, its all good:)

You also have to remember their are hockey/arena classic songs, and it doesnt matter what arena you go into you are going to hear those songs!

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ag48 Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:00 pm

Other people have been saying the same as you 5forfighting that the organization does not care for the fans, that to me is a scary situation. i've been a fan from a far as i mentioned in my first blog for many years and a season ticket holder now for 3 years so i can't really make a comment regarding this not been around long enough.
As far a Hockey/Arena classic songs i would like to hear some but not at the volume that we are subjected too at the GM place.

ag48

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Despite what some believe, I can tell you first hand that everyone in the team office cares very much for the interest of fans but some fans don't realize that what they want isn't necessarily what everyone else wants. For example, some fans don't want afternoon games and take the continued existence of some afternoon games as evidence that they don't care about the fans. Yet, many of the afternoon games have had very high attendances. As long as I've been there, Family Day has been the biggest or close to the biggest crowd of the year. You might get 10 posts here saying how much "fans" hate afternoon games but clearly there are 5000 people that think otherwise. When it is obvious that most fans don't want something, they take care of it. A couple of years ago, there was a few Saturday and Sunday weekends. Fans complained that it was difficult to attend both and so they lobbied the league to have less Saturday/Sunday weekends. The difference in that case is that MANY people didn't like that and it was obvious. I know I hated it, the whole weekend was lost. I love junior hockey but there is a life outside the rink. When they tried to have ads on the glass, it was scrapped very quickly a couple of games into the season. You might not believe it, but there's some very hard-working people trying to do a delicate balancing act between the competing interests of corporate sponsors and a diverse group of fans (as well as of course what the guy at the top of the pyramid wants them to do). Even Rocco Tullio, it's not that he doesn't care about the fans - it's that he's so convinced that most people think like him that if you try to tell him otherwise, he thinks you're crazy or something. At least I know he thought I was.  jocolor 

I've had disagreements about things with the organization - most notably about having too many announcements and promotions - but saying they don't care about the fans? I think that's very much a misinformed comment. They absolutely do care and do their best for the majority of people to enjoy the game but that doesn't mean that every individual fan gets their way because that would be impossible.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:52 am

I think you nailed it on the head , indirectly i'm sure , but Rocco Tullio is the problem , its his way of the highway , and to me he has no sense of the local culture around here . He's not from here , Ive said it for years , this organization would be best served with local ownership !.

hopefully one day it will happen again !

ps. I agree 100% there are two many promotions and announcements , broadcast over the Pa , i guess when i complain about the steady steam of noise , i mean all of it , music , announcements , etc …..its just too much !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:59 am

while we are talking about fans complaining about sunday afternoon games , i was one , the odd afternoon game ok !, sat games tougher , been around a long time , i used to love the 7 and 7;30 pm starts for our home sunday game , it allowed families to have dinner at home together before the game , sunday night dinner .
but you see they want you to have your family come to the game and have hotdogs and coke for dinner .

most families do not bring the whole family to the games anyhow , so there goes sunday dinner as a family before Dad and son or daughter , go to the game …..i just liked it best that way

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by oshgens2k2 Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:25 pm

I hope everyone is happy with the music turned down. Is this a hockey game or are we studying in the library??? It's a hockey game. It should be loud and full of energy not quiet like the putting green.
Turn up the music and let's get loud for our Generals!!

oshgens2k2

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:11 pm

Are you kidding me , it was very loud in the platinum section , maybe our speakers are different than other sections of the rink , but I didn't notice much change today , it's also more than the level of the noise but rather it's constant noise except during the play , intermission , noise noise noise , give us a few minutes to hear ourselves think for goodness sakes

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by oshgens2k2 Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:39 pm

So you like libraries then? Zero noise from crowd and volume noticeably lower. Quietest game in a while . Sporting events should be louder . The players feed off the energy.

oshgens2k2

Back to top Go down

Post by ag48 Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:31 pm

hey oshgens2k2 you are kidding about the music being turned down i hope or you were at a different game that i was at today. i think most of you have this complaint wrong, there is nothing wrong with music or the horn or organ sound after a goal is scored to keep the players and fans into the game, it's the damn noise from music during the intermission that is annoying. Been sarcastic is not necessary everyone has a right to make a comment.

ag48

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:49 pm

Oh look, some people think it's too quiet and some people think it's too loud. How surprising.  Rolling Eyes 

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:46 pm

well.......the music just sucks period!......& it has been this way for 5+ years! just the same as the whole experience at the GMC!

there were 6037 people and it was a wake in there lol! oh wait....I'm wrong.....crowd got into when we scored the 2nd goal in the 3rd......that's also when the clown running the music "somewhat" woke up!

my advice to all is to tune it out if you can! it's not going change anytime soon!
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by oshgens2k2 Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:51 pm

Not joking. I'm in section 118 and it normally is louder. I'm not saying I want it blaring but yesterday was a big game against London with over 6000 fans but there was no buzz or excitement from the fans. Geez every time Karen tried to get us going with let's go you gennies it was a small response . I'm just saying when the energy is up by crowd or music then the guys are going and pumped. The loudest game I've been at this year was when the gens got pumped in Kingston. It was loud off the hop and Kingston was up 4-0 before you knew what hit you. Most of you know it's usually quiet in Kingston too but that team fed off the crowd excitement . The quiet game yesterday felt like there was 1500 people there not 6000

oshgens2k2

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:18 pm

the fans may have been quiet , but the music and pa certainly wasn't in the premium section , loud as usual !

the fans were quiet because we were getting beat from the second period on .

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:44 pm

anyone notice the fire alarm went off last game vs london.

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:52 pm

Hopefully the guys doing the music and the sound find the volume button for this important game on sunday. The volume with the music and announcements was brutaly low on sunday. Crank up the volume. Hopefully hockey adapts to the basketball entertainment aspect and have music on even during the play of the game, maybe that would get this dead crowd into the game.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:03 pm

Can't stand the music during the basketball game , reason I don't go it's annoying and intrusive , the Ohl ever goes to that there will be a lot of empty seats , including mine !!!!! You want music go to a concert and smoke a joint ! This is Canadian hockey ! Not USA Reality tv

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:45 am

I think Rocco Tullio should sell the gens to a local owner and purchase the Sarnia Sting , will be closer to home for him ......just a thought Smile

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:57 am

Gens played out of town and you still found a way to complain ...good on ya

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ag48 Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:04 pm

nerfherder i believe that mygens post is regarding the noise factor and not the hockey team. i think it's a fair comment and should not be personally attacked for his opinion. The blog is for making comments good or bad.

ag48

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:15 pm

Right ag48. That's my opinion. And I feel you are personally attacking me...I also feel my gens was attacking gmc118..we can go on but how about we agree to disagree

nerfherder

Back to top Go down

Post by ag48 Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Very Happy no nerfherder i'm not attacking you, just curious as to the post.

ag48

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:22 pm

permit me to be clear , I've been a strong supporting Gens fan season ticket holder since 1981 , no old jokes please Smile , Ive supported , cheered and cried throughout the years , always supporting the sweater , having said that i have not been a fan of all ownership thru the years . I prefer local ownership because in my view they are more in tune with the local fans and have more than a financial stake in the team !

This guy we have now , from Windsor is not my cup of tea , my sense is its just business with him !

what does he know about the pride and history of the OSHAWA GENERALS ?

Hopefully one day a renewed local group with a real sense of our tradition will step forward and give him the money he wants and send him back to Windsor !

in the meantime , great road win last night , its becoming very close in the east , Northbay , Sudbury and Kingston are definitely going to give us a push in the playoffs .

my goal for the team this year is to win the east and play the final round against the best of the west for the OHL title , win or lose at that point I'll be happy , would have been the best year in a long while !

GO GENS GO !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:52 am

At least we have stable ownership and a team, it wasn't that long ago was it that we needed owners with money and a new building.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:12 pm

The thing that is way more annoying then announcements (which are annoying I will agree) Is the constant yelling of shoot..... The team barely gets set up and some knucklehead in my section yells shoot shoot ....every single time.. Can we not get a rest from that too? There are times the puck isn't even on the kids stick and the person is yelling shoot....very loud I might add. It drives most of the people around me nuts...Enough!

nerfherder

Back to top Go down

Post by ag48 Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:34 pm

how about the constant booing of the players when they make a mistake, again they are only young men honing there skills ,there's a couple in our section that are forever doing this. nerfherder you must know who they are since you seem to be close to all this action. Very Happy

ag48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next