Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryan Kirkup

3 posters

Go down

Ryan Kirkup Empty Ryan Kirkup

Post by Macker88 Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:29 pm

Very pleased to see the Generals give Kirkup a Free Agent invite to Camp.
This is a kid I've watched since his minor midget season in 2010-2011 with the Markham Majors. He's a bit undersized, but he has great offensive ability. I was shocked he went in the 8th round to the Soo in his draft year. Really felt he was a top 100 player.
Kirkup took a regular shift an contributed regularly in his rookie season, all be it with the Whitby Fury of the OJAHL. That team went to the league final an kirkup saw his fair share of ice. I followed the fury throughout that playoff run. In 2012-2013, kirkup made the greyhounds but the games I saw he never saw much ice nor was he put in situations where he could thrive. He's an offensive minded player. Kirkup was released last season to the Whitby Fury an he again tore up provincial jr. A. Saw him play between 15-20 times, an was often impressed. Really believe he's an OHL calibre player. Would be nice to see him stick with the Gens as I feel he could contribute.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Ryan Kirkup Empty Re: Ryan Kirkup

Post by StingRay5 Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:49 pm

I was going to recap today and hi-lite Ryan. I was very impressed with his showing today. And totally agree with Macker. Of what I saw today I would say he is playing at an OHL level.
StingRay5
StingRay5

Number of posts : 265
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2013-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:38 pm

I do hope Ryan Kirkup makes the team as I only saw 2 scrimmage games and read some articles and was impressed with Ryan's play on the ice, didn't look out of place.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down