Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three New Players to Join Oshawa Generals

3 posters

Go down

Three New Players to Join Oshawa Generals Empty Three New Players to Join Oshawa Generals

Post by steamed Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:37 am

I'm sure everybody read this already but I just thought I post it anyways, I'm glad that Riley Stillman signed as I was impress what I saw of him in camp, but the other 2 don't really don't know to much about for only what it says in the Gens site does any one have an opinion on Huether & Cirelli?

Oshawa, ON – August 31, 2014 – The Oshawa Generals are excited to announce the commitments of fourth round pick, Riley Stillman, free agent Anthony Cirelli as well as Kenny Huether, the 9th round pick in the 2013 OHL Priority Selection.

Stillman, a16-year-old left defenceman from Peterborough, was picked 63rd overall in the 2014 OHL Priority Selection. He stands 6’ tall and weighs 180 pounds. Oshawa Generals General Manager Roger Hunt “couldn’t be happier to have Stillman commit to our team”. He added “Stillman was the second player we took in the 2014 Priority Selection and will play a big role for the future. He’s got a high hockey IQ and proved at training camp that he belongs here.”

At 17 years old, 5’10” 165lb Right-winger Huether, from Londesborough, played Junior B last season. “Heuther has gone through two training camps, and now he has made the team. We are happy to have Heuther on board.” Roger Hunt said.

One of the stand-out free agents at training camp was 17-year-old forward Anthony Cirelli. The Woodbridge native played last season with the Mississauga Reps. “One of our scouts pounded the table for him as he believed in him strongly. We brought him to camp, and he proved himself and we are very happy to have him commit to the Oshawa Generals” said Hunt.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Three New Players to Join Oshawa Generals Empty Re: Three New Players to Join Oshawa Generals

Post by jaycro Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:43 am

If they actually end up playing with the Gens full/longtime, it looks like the Gens are "going young". Does this mean some of last year's players will be cut? Not only going young but "going small"!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Three New Players to Join Oshawa Generals Empty Re: Three New Players to Join Oshawa Generals

Post by StingRay5 Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:56 pm

Ryan Kirkup and Kenny Huether looked and played very similar. I thought Kirkup played just a touch better.
Stillman looked liked a different person from the orientation camp. He looked much better from that camp.
StingRay5
StingRay5

Number of posts : 265
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2013-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:38 pm

Kenny Huether would be Ray Huether's younger brother....right? Bloodlines help!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:56 pm

jaycro wrote:Kenny Huether would be Ray Huether's younger brother....right? Bloodlines help!
Right Kenny is the brother of Ray who plays for Sudbury.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down