Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petschenig's Hit

+8
Macker88
Gens Camper
KHE
jalobo71
steamed
mygens
oshgens2k2
Tuckerfan1
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Petschenig's Hit Empty Petschenig's Hit

Post by Tuckerfan1 Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:09 pm

Still waiting to see a replay of the hit, but do you guys think a suspensions coming? We're talking the London Knights and star player Mitch Marner so I get the feeling Petschenig will get a few. Hopefully nothing on Cassels level though.
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Number of posts : 59
Seat Section : 101
Registration date : 2014-11-21

Back to top Go down

Petschenig's Hit Empty Re: Petschenig's Hit

Post by oshgens2k2 Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:30 pm

I bet he's getting at least five. London player went in front first and it looked dangerous.

oshgens2k2

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:18 am

Bogus call , he pushed him laterally on his shoulder , nut much of a shove and Mermis lost his balance , he was skating fairly fast towards the boards , I mean this isn't tennis for crying out loud

In my view no suspension warranted , but the League . ( branch ) Way over reacts with this stuff , and once again fans who are paying good money to see their team play will be screwed over again with another top player sitting out with a suspension , it's just nonsense !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:22 am

Hopefully common sense will prevail , it was not a head check, Marner skated off , it was an accident in a contact sport , plain and simple , I'm so tired of cringing every time players contact for fear of over reacting referees !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:50 am

It was Petching not Mermis,and it's a suspendble hit.Will hit the #'s. Probably will get 2 games but wouldn't surprise me he gets 5
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jalobo71 Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:46 pm

It was a bad it for sure. So if it were accidental (didn't look that way) are we saying its okay? I'm sure if the Gens had a player as skilled as Marner, mygens wouldn't be okay with the same "accident" befalling him.

jalobo71

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerfan1 Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:58 pm

Generalsinsider posted a vine of the hit https://vine.co/u/1171331767639166976
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:56 pm

When I saw it live I didn't even think Will touched him, I thought he caught an edge.  Looking at the video Will did cross check him on the lower back and then he lost an edge and went into the boards.  If it's less than 5 or more than 10 I'll be shocked knowing Branch.  If I was the commish it would probably be 2 games, there really wasn't any malicious intent at all, Marner just caught an edge.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:21 pm

2 was at the game and thought Marner lost an edge - But he only lost the edge because he was cross checked - that will be how it appears to me.

My only hope is the player is not injured - Whether u think he should only get 2 games is because you are a GENS fan if u were a knights fan and the players were reversed and Petsching was hit into the boards - you might have a different #

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:26 pm

When Cassels got 10 games, I was on here defending him, this one I can't defend. Now I see these type of things happen every game, defenseman always throw a little cross-check to opposing players flying by, this one looked like it was meant to be one of those harmless plays. But it ended up looking much worse then it was likely intended. The way Branch hands out 10 game suspensions, it would surprise me to see him get 5-7 games. IMO its a 2 game suspension, but where talking Branch here.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerfan1 Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:40 pm

At least with the Cassels situation, we didn't have to hear it from the Owen Sound fans. London has a huge following online and boy are they rattled. Petschneig is getting some royal treatment on twitter, hes favorited a couple of the tweets at him. One of the Knights reporters made sure to mention that he only has 3 career goals. They're making him out to be some goon.
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:54 pm

I stand by my position , Petshenig hit him , from my vantage point at the game , did not hit his numbers but rather more from the side , Merner lost his balance went face forward into the boards , was not an intentional hit to plaster him in the boards

Cassels in the other hand , clearly hit the other players head into the glass , and got what he deserved. 10 ganes

If Petshenig gets the same length of suspension , then that's just stupid , the injured players need to take some responsibily for how fast they travel towards the boards , do they think they are going to be given a golden pass to the puck ????? Give me a break

2 games would be more than enough since this was clearly unintentional , this isn't tennis !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:53 pm

If your going to say the injured players need to take some responsibility then the same can be said for the Cassels hit, when you see a guy coming to hit you, don't turn your back looking to avoid the hit. Cassels hit wasn't bad, his elbow got up a bit, but your momentum at that speed often leads to that type of thing. It wasn't a clean cut hit, but the fact the kids head hit the glass an cut him, was what led to the suspension. Which leads me to my point, the OHL doesn't care about accidental, if the push was from the side.. blah blah blah, they look at if the player was injured, who the players involved where and go from there.

Petschenig is not a good, he's a physical rugged, stay at home defender. What he did happens a 100 times a game, Marner did lose an edge, but he was also knocked off stride from the cross check, which as minor as it was is what branch will see.

The NHL is is the No Hit League, the OHL is basically the same. The implementing of Head Check penalties while it has the right idea to it, is stupid and needs more clear stating of the rule. Any time Hunter Smith or Mike McCarron hit a kid whos 5'9 it can be a hit to the head. Anytime a guy has his head down looking for a puck and gets smoked its a head hit. When I played if your head was down your asking for it, now you get a 5 minute power play by playing reckless an putting your body in danger.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:16 am

I respectfully disagree on the Cassels hit , I watched it in slow mo on the recording I did , Clean purposeful hit to the head with shoulder forearm , dumb play by Cassels and he paid for it , I haven't seen the replay of Petshenigs hit . Although in live action at the game , it looked relatively harmless

I agree , players should be held accountable in some way for putting themselves in harms way

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:57 pm

just watched the replay of the hit by Petshenig , Will , pushed him with his stick from the side , did not push him towards the boards , but unfortunately Marner's left leg gave out on him and lost his balance and his momentum sent him face first into the boards , an unfortunate accident , not a deliberate attempt to injure player .

Perhaps give Will a couple of games for being a bit reckless , but thats it , this play certainly does not deserve on long suspension , I've seen a helluva lots worse go unpunished

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:14 pm

any new yet guys ?

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerfan1 Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:17 pm

Nothing yet...if he's not in the line up tonight then that should be a good indicator
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:26 pm

The OHL is an absolute Joke with suspensions. The game was Sunday night, how bloody long does it take to watch a 30 second replay and figure out if he should be suspended or not, there not writing a novel on the hit. Watch it 5 or 6 times.. maybe 9 or 10.. an make a flipping ruling, Branch does this with every suspension. Just a pathetic joke of a Commissioner

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:07 am

Oh relax. The head honchos don't start work till at least Wednesday afternoon. It's a hard job to determine the length of a suspension by throwing a dart at the wall..... At least I'm guessing that's how they decide the length from what we've seen the last few years around the league

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:35 am

I agree 100% Macker , the czar does exactly what he likes when he likes , it has frustrated me for years ! how he ever got this level power and autonomy is beyond me , and unprecedented in sports .

I suspect he's waiting to see when Marner plays again to determine the length of suspension , simple yet stupid ! MARNERS , injury was more accident than fault .

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Petschenig receives 8 games No
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerfan1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:24 pm

Brian McNair saying 8 games....
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 pm

Tuckerfan1 wrote:Brian McNair saying 8 games....

and you didn't believe me Rolling Eyes
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Will gets 8 games , defenseman are going to be afraid to touch guys racing in for the puck , its not fair

shitty for Will and the Gens , we'll see when Marner suits up next ?

Hockey is changing for the worst in my view , it was a lot more exciting in the 80,s even 90's , its become more like US college hockey

just wondering , has the SOO OR ERIE , lost a player this year to a 10 and 8 games suspension ?????

makes me wonder !!!

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:09 pm

8 games is a brutal call , for that nudge , which is what it was !!!

I will celebrate the day Branch retires , thats the only way he's going to go out , the guy is an egomaniac with complete control of the board of governors !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum