Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could David slay Goliath ???

5 posters

Go down

Could David slay Goliath ??? Empty Could David slay Goliath ???

Post by Gens Camper Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:43 pm

Could it happen - Hope not - BUT we are not winning faceoffs and are losing puck battles very little drive

The trade deadline additions - who are they again - only the defenceman Mermmes has played well We need Dal Colle to step up

Can anyone explain why Dal Colle is on the point on the power play - puzzles me - way too slow and doesn't read the play the way he should try Lindberg or Carlise

Well The Petes believe that they can pound us with their rentless checking and they did for 5 of the last 6 periods

Wow good thing Lindberg had a big game in the opener

Let's hope we can turn it around on Thursday or it will be a long summer

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Could David slay Goliath ??? Empty Re: Could David slay Goliath ???

Post by ag48 Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:54 pm

Gens Camper i agree with you ......put Dal Colle on the bench for the next few PP. he is useless when carrying the puck and most often loses it or gives it to the PK. has a nice shot but that's it. Need more point shots have Hunter as they have in the pass in front or McCarron with Cassels, Vande Somple and Mermis or Carlilse on point.

ag48

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:04 pm

I was in Peterborough tonight and you can't blame just a couple players or plays. The Gens didn't hit all night. They didn't skate hard enough. Petes beat them to the puck and Oshawa would back off. They have to hit, win battles, skate hard, etc. Like they have all year. Forget a different plan for the playoffs. Do what got you there. As a side, the person that does the shots on goal in Peterborough must be in space. What a joke

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:01 am

I agree , in fact the gens have been playing like this for over a month , put in just enough effort most nights to get the win , and once an awhile show up and play up to their potential . Well this is the playoffs , that approach is not going to work !

DAL Colle has been especially absent most of the time , he needs to do fewer TV interviews and focus on his play , he is very average as a hockey player right now .

overall they lack intensity and if it continues they sadly will have a short playoff run , sadly because they have the horses to go a long way , even the best teams have to work hard and work together

I often wonder whether agents and scouts are around bloating these kids heads and distracting them from the goal at hand

they may regret this down the road throughout their careers and in their lives , the opportunity to go for the memorial cup isn't going to ever come around for any of these guys again , not ever !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:34 am

Now everyone... breath innn..... annnd ouuuutt iiiiiinnnn and ouuuttt. We all need to relax. Oshawa lost last night for several reasons.
1. Couldn't stay out of the box.
2. Intensity just wasn't there.
3. Their stars didn't play like stars.
4. Rather pedestrian goaltending.

I'm not going to say the Gens didn't deserve the penalties that were called against them but there were some penalties that were not called against Peterborough that I felt should have been called. You'll have refs that call games like that and unfortunately Oshawa was a victim of that last night.

Oshawa has success when they hit everything in sight. They didn't do that last night. To Peterborough's credit I really don't know if they could have played any better than they did last night. They executed a flawless gameplan.

Dal Colle in particular needs to start playing like he doesn't want to be in Oshawa next year because if he keeps playing like he is he'll be back here and won't be happy about it... until he's traded which is a wish I would grant.

I love the way Kenny Appleby has played all year but I have to admit he hasn't been his best in the first 3 games of this series. The 2 goals he gave up last night were softies not to mention the first goal he gave up on Friday in Oshawa. For some reason he's having problems with his glove hand... not sure why. That's the playoffs I guess.

Overall if Oshawa keeps getting pucks on net they will have success in the rest of this series. I think you'll see a different team on Thursday and they'll close it out on Friday. Not many nights where they get 47 shots on goal and lose. I'm actually a little happy that Oshawa is seeing a little adversity early in the playoffs. We all know what happened last year after they walked through the first 2 rounds. They started the first two games like they thought it would be a cakewalk.

GO GENS GO!!
KHE

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:47 pm

you are right on KHE , the gens have been playing like its going to be a cake walk , but its been going on for a long while now , and you hope this bad habit can be turned around quickly before its too late

and i have had the same feeling about APPLEBY , he doesn't look like himself out there lately either

regarding the hitting , well the boys may be afraid to hit because the refs are way too quick to call everything a head check against the gens , the reffing is pathetic , total reactionary , the gens are a big team , when they hit smaller guys it always looks worse than it is , and the calls go against us .

we are victims of really shitty officials on the ice

you are right about last night we deserved some of the calls , but there were two blatant calls that should have been called against the Petes at critical times that were not , and thats just the ref , making a decision not to give the gens a PwP , they knew darn well they were infractions right in front of their eyes . Lizotte basically throwing lindberg on his back , and the cross check on VandeSOMPLE at centre ice . no calls , even the biased Petes broadcasters , were shocked at no calls .

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down