Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think the Dunlops dropped the ball

2 posters

Go down

I think the Dunlops dropped the ball Empty I think the Dunlops dropped the ball

Post by ogf Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:56 pm

Curious to see if I am on my own here or if other people agree. The Whitby Dunlops as most people already know have scheduled this Saturday evening to honour Don Sanderson by retiring and raising his Jersey to the rafters. They are doing it up right with people in attendance like Joe Nieuwendyk, Glenn Healy and Walter Gretzky. My thoughts on dropping the ball are two fold. First off, I don't think they should schedule this the same night the Generals are playing a home game. I believe (actually know) there are people who will not go to the Dunlops game that would have because they are going to the Gens game. Secondly, people like Don Cherry attended the funeral any would have probably attended this, but can't on a Saturday night. I think they dropped the ball and are not giving people the opportunity to attend that would want to.

Thoughts?

RIP DS

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

I think the Dunlops dropped the ball Empty Re: I think the Dunlops dropped the ball

Post by GENNY Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:29 pm

All Dunlop home games are on Saturday at 6:30. This is not an event that you plan for. Also keep in mind that the opponent was the team that Don was playing against when he sustained his fatal injury. If Generals fans want to go bad enough they can and make it back to the GMC for the 7:00 game time but then there's the issue of buying a ticket just to see the ceremony. Tickets are $10 and I don't think the Dunlops would appreciate everyone filing out after the ceremony just because we would rather be elsewhere. The Generals playing on a Saturday night is unheard of but I think worked into the schedule because the Leafs are not playing. I don't like missing the Habs playing the Senators either but the Generals come first. If the tables were turned do you think the GMC would fill up with Dunlop fans? You have a point ogf but Iroquois Arena is not that big and I personally would not take away a seat from a Dunlop fan that is more deserving. Sad
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down