Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Policies or conduct code for Hockey games

+2
EddieJ
Hayes#21
6 posters

Go down

Policies or conduct code for Hockey games Empty Policies or conduct code for Hockey games

Post by Hayes#21 Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:32 am

I know our forumn is very knowledgeable and is great at finding information. So my question is , does our facilty actually have a code of conduct or something for the hockey teams that attend our games? And is it distributed before they attend the game?

I have found this year to be the most frustrating, regarding the younger hockey teams visting our arena. I attend the games to watch the game. The GMC is not a daycare centre.

I remember when I was a kid ,that age, the first things I was told, is ...you do not walk through an isle during play, you must wait for a whistle or stoppage in play.

2nd, if you need to get to the isleway and need to pass a person, you say "excuse me" or "pardon me".

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Policies or conduct code for Hockey games Empty Re: Policies or conduct code for Hockey games

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:13 pm

i'm not sure.

Back to top Go down

Policies or conduct code for Hockey games Empty Re: Policies or conduct code for Hockey games

Post by EddieJ Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:52 pm

I agree fully, however a lot of the adults in the arena could follow the same protocol and set examples as well.

EddieJ

Number of posts : 7
Seat Section : 120 row 2
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:24 pm

It does seem like it is enforced that people have to wait for a whistle to allow people back to their seats after an intermission. Whenever there is a long stretch of play before the first whistle, it appears that there are many fans coming in from the concourse when that first whistle blows.

Other than that, when talking about people leaving their seats during play or other etiquette things, I don't know how enforceable that is. The problem lies in that the only real penalty you can enforce is kicking someone out of the arena like they do when someone is drunk - you can't really do that for kids not saying "excuse me" or leaving their seat during play. All you can do is nag or escalate it to a higher authority who will also nag. I doubt any arena will actually kick someone out for this.

If kids are just hanging out in the aisle or sitting on the steps, the ushers should be making them move back to their seats because that's not an etiquette issue, it's a safety issue.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:42 pm

kids sitting in the isles or playing on the railing bugs me
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by kenner60981 Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:01 am

You wanna see kids sitting in the aisles look over to the aisle between 110 and 111.All the kids from the school doing the national anthem.They are constantly climbing up the boards ,leaning on the glass.I have seen the usher come down only twice all season and it was the same game.VERY ANNOYING

kenner60981

Number of posts : 66
Seat Section : on the glass 110
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jentgensfan Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:13 am

I can't stand when kids play in the aisles during game play either. We have 2 boys that we take to games and we make sure they sit in their seats...they cheer and have fun but they are respectful of those around them. I think the ushers should enforce the fact that no one should be in the aisles etc. during play....but where are the parents of these kids, shouldn't they carry the burden of responsibility for their children?? We don't look to the ushers or other staff to teach our children how to behave.
jentgensfan
jentgensfan

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down