Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question For Beats

+8
Penalty Box
generator
GENNY
gogensgo
annette12
pointdexter
hockeybeats
Kevy
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Question For Beats - Page 2 Empty Re: Question For Beats

Post by Kevy Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:10 pm

hockeybeats wrote:I can't think of what the guitar song would be. I think I remember playing Are you Ready by AC/DC ... I can't remember what else I played at the shootout.

Generator, do you mean Hey Hey Oshawa? Dan Clancy was very vocal about not distributing it at all. It was part of the Memorial Cup bid and hasn't been played since the bid was over so it hasn't been played in a long time. I'm not sure if I would want to bring it back, the odd person liked it but those who didn't were quite adamant in now wanting to hear it ever again.

I'll bring up the period numbers for the out of town scores, that sounds like it would be simple enough. I didn't even realize that they weren't there, I never paid attention. That would be really annoying to not know whether something is a final score or not.

I'm in that group that never wants to hear it again...lol
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:36 pm

Kevy wrote:
hockeybeats wrote:I can't think of what the guitar song would be. I think I remember playing Are you Ready by AC/DC ... I can't remember what else I played at the shootout.

Generator, do you mean Hey Hey Oshawa? Dan Clancy was very vocal about not distributing it at all. It was part of the Memorial Cup bid and hasn't been played since the bid was over so it hasn't been played in a long time. I'm not sure if I would want to bring it back, the odd person liked it but those who didn't were quite adamant in now wanting to hear it ever again.

I'll bring up the period numbers for the out of town scores, that sounds like it would be simple enough. I didn't even realize that they weren't there, I never paid attention. That would be really annoying to not know whether something is a final score or not.

I'm in that group that never wants to hear it again...lol

Ditto! Didn't someone say the road the music hell is paved with bad songs?

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:38 pm

It was a song with no lyircs... except for the occasional Woah... its a goal celebration song I've heard at other arenas.

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:24 pm

beats, thanks for asking about having multiple out of town score updates with period references. Much appreciated!

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:28 pm

Now I know what song that is! Crowd Chant by Joe Satriani. I had completely forgotten about that one.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:13 am

hockeybeats wrote:Now I know what song that is! Crowd Chant by Joe Satriani. I had completely forgotten about that one.

Yep, that's the one!

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:14 am

generalsfan wrote:beats, thanks for asking about having multiple out of town score updates with period references. Much appreciated!

Now we just have to get Terry to read it correctly the second time :-)

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:20 am

lol Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:23 am

ya that was great tonight
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Question For Beats - Page 2 Empty Hey Hey Oshawa

Post by generator Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:02 pm

hockeybeats wrote:

At least I could listen to it with my daughter sitting beside me unlike "My Ding a Ling"

generator

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:12 pm

I have been nagged by a certain unnamed individual to play My Ding a Ling for weeks, it was the last game of the season and the score was out of hand so I caved. Laughing

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by generator Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:23 pm

Fair enough, I do enjoy your work otherwise. Smile Cool

generator

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:55 pm

yes awesome job Beats!
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:27 pm

I kinda miss the Venga Boys after a goal... we need a theme song next year.

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:33 pm

Generalizations wrote:I kinda miss the Venga Boys after a goal... we need a theme song next year.

Ewww! really?
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:53 pm

I liked when we had the mix of goal celebration songs (When The Lights Go Down, Fall Out Boy, Ole Ole Ole, along with our current one, etc.), kept things interesting.

Generalizations, to get the Vengaboys played as a consistent goal celebration song, you might have to hope the Leafs use that as theirs next season. Laughing

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:27 am

Please let me clarify... I miss having a theme song. So long as we aren't playing that Hey Hey Oshawa thing when we score.

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:50 am

ya i miss having a them song to it would cool to have 1 for the playoffs if we make it i hope the gens do.

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:13 am

ya i hate the goal song we have now.... its to blah.... but thats ownership and i get that
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:41 pm

generalsfan wrote:I liked when we had the mix of goal celebration songs (When The Lights Go Down, Fall Out Boy, Ole Ole Ole, along with our current one, etc.), kept things interesting.

Generalizations, to get the Vengaboys played as a consistent goal celebration song, you might have to hope the Leafs use that as theirs next season. Laughing

I miss that too. However, I don't think it's so much that we're using Zombie Nation because the Leafs use it, I think it's because the Red Wings use it. The fact that half the teams across the NHL and the OHL seemingly use it is what makes me not like it. It is actually a great goal song but once it reaches the level that every team is using the same song, there's no connection to it anymore for each individual team.

For example, Brampton has War by Edwin Starr - at least they did the last time I was there. Part of the military theme of the team and pretty much a guarantee that nobody else uses it. So despite the fact that they unfortunately have so few fans attending their games, they have a goal song that is unique to their rink and that's the way I'd love to have it if we had one particular song we had to use all the time. That being said, my preference is variety.

It isn't so bad now that the goals are so few and far between though. What makes a single goal song truly annoying is when you hear it seven or eight times a game or three or four times close together.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:19 pm

hockeybeats wrote:
generalsfan wrote:I liked when we had the mix of goal celebration songs (When The Lights Go Down, Fall Out Boy, Ole Ole Ole, along with our current one, etc.), kept things interesting.

I miss that too. However, I don't think it's so much that we're using Zombie Nation because the Leafs use it, I think it's because the Red Wings use it. The fact that half the teams across the NHL and the OHL seemingly use it is what makes me not like it. It is actually a great goal song but once it reaches the level that every team is using the same song, there's no connection to it anymore for each individual team.

For example, Brampton has War by Edwin Starr - at least they did the last time I was there. Part of the military theme of the team and pretty much a guarantee that nobody else uses it. So despite the fact that they unfortunately have so few fans attending their games, they have a goal song that is unique to their rink and that's the way I'd love to have it if we had one particular song we had to use all the time. That being said, my preference is variety.

It isn't so bad now that the goals are so few and far between though. What makes a single goal song truly annoying is when you hear it seven or eight times a game or three or four times close together.

I think it's kind of ridiculous that in Brampton they use "war" seeing as, ironically, it is an "anti-war" song. "Good God!"
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:37 pm

Yes, it is ironic, lol ... but a great song regardless!

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:22 am

I hope we don't hear much of it on Sunday afternoon !

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2