Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHL playoffs [b]NOT[/b] on TV

2 posters

Go down

CHL playoffs [b]NOT[/b] on TV Empty CHL playoffs [b]NOT[/b] on TV

Post by Gens Fan 112 Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:08 pm

it sucks that we don't see more of this on TV. I live in TV "nowhere" so i don't get cogeco or rogers nor do we have high-speed available which is essential if you want the OHL pack. For a couple of months before the playoffs started Sportsnet had a game or sometimes 2 "games of the week." Quite frankly, a few of those games stunk but now we have some excellent playoff action underway and a real chance for sportsnet to showcase some of the potential mem cup participants.........but oh no! whats on? some nhl games that are not available in our region and poker!!!! (expletive) poker!!! and in another 6 weeks they will show the mem cup and we'll watch and go "who are these guys?!"

good marketing folks. good job. Rolling Eyes

there's probably more to it than all that, but it doesn't help me much right now.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

CHL playoffs [b]NOT[/b] on TV Empty Re: CHL playoffs [b]NOT[/b] on TV

Post by hockeybeats Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:19 pm

Frustrating but Sportsnet is a private business and advertisers don't pay enough to justify the cost of frequent junior hockey games. It isn't their job to market the OHL. It's not that more people will watch poker but that poker has virtually zero cost to obtain and show on television, it's all pre-recorded. It costs a lot of money to put on a live hockey broadcast. While we like junior hockey better, more people will watch Florida vs Buffalo than Belleville vs Sudbury for example. We have way more access to junior hockey on television than we ever did in the past. The Super Sports pack at $29.95/month is pricey but it gets you every single game that's being televised somewhere in Ontario - if you can't get Rogers, that's simply part of the deal of living in TV nowhere as you put it.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down