Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking ahead - future looks brighter

5 posters

Go down

Looking ahead - future looks brighter Empty Looking ahead - future looks brighter

Post by Gens Camper Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:16 pm

Well even if we do make 8th - not so sure

Anyways next yrs help is not that far away

Last weekend in Whitby was the Silver stick - top 10 teams were there and possibly our # 1 pick next yr.

One player who will be top 10 is Brody Silk - total pkg at this point

Boyer is good, 20 goals 20 assists in 19 games....

Brody Silk plays for the New Liskeard Cubs , he has 18 goals with 23 assists in 17 games.

Jake Patterson might be one of the better goalie , of the 94 group , coming out of the GNML anyways.. playing on the North Stars

I'd just like to know how Brandon Warmington didn't get drafted, he is leading the league in points ,in 17 games he has 57 points ( 29 goals and 28 assists)

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Looking ahead - future looks brighter Empty Re: Looking ahead - future looks brighter

Post by mygens Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:21 pm

i was just wondering who the top prospects would be for next years draft , i'm quite comfortable with the gens finishing last , there is absolutely no ppoint making any changes just to get into the playoffs ..........and when the gens do draft , they better not pick a goalie or a defenseman , we need scoring , big time , another boone jenner would be great ......

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Looking ahead - future looks brighter Empty Re: Looking ahead - future looks brighter

Post by Generalizations Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:51 am

I can't understand why anyone thinks we will miss the playoffs at this point in the season.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:57 am

Generalizations, I couldn't agree with you more.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Looking ahead - future looks brighter Empty Not making the playoffs

Post by Gens Camper Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:14 pm

Not making the playoffs - Simple - you can't score you are in trouble

We have a chance - but slim - the Leafs have a chance too- Right

Another must win - Thursday and Friday - both teams we must beat cannot fall behind any further - Brampton Thursday - Bulls home Friday

Windsor Sunday - see why you need to win Thursday and Friday

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:42 pm

Generals 8th place - in playoffs right now, 0 teams to catch

Leafs 14th place, 7 points back with at least six teams to surpass

You can make the case that it is harder to make the playoffs in the NHL than the OHL which is of course true because all you have to do is finish ahead of two teams in the OHL so that's a fair argument. You can say that the Leafs and Gens have similar records. But you can't say that the situations are somehow comparable nor can you say that the Gens have a slim chance.

The Gens have two games in hand on 9th and 10th. Their record against Niagara is 1-0 and their record against Sudbury is 1-0-1 so they have earned a point in all of those games. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Niagara or Sudbury is in any way better than Oshawa. Quite the contrary, the Gens challenging first half schedule would be an indicator of a move up in the second half of the season.

Contender? Not yet.

Making the playoffs? I'd make that bet any day of the week.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:44 pm

making the playoffs or not was not my point , making trades to bolster the team this year while sacrificing the future , just to make the playoffs , makes absolutely no sense ............if the gens make the playoffs with this roster then i guess its good experience for the young guys , thats about it , me personally i would trade any vet i could before the deadline to load up on more pics ......hayes , dzieslki , brown , dehart ect .........winning teams are built form 1st and 2nd round picks , not 4 th , 5 th , 6 th round picks ....check it out !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:36 pm

I agree Hayes - too small for most teams

Dzieski - O A - he would have to be better than other teams O A

Brown & De Hart - Brown signed here as a free agent

De Hart came from London - think for a 6th rd pick

So trading those 2 - should bring more

I agree not making the playoffs is not important to us - the owners - yes

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Why trade DeHart? He would be a good choice for an OA next year.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:50 pm

I don't think they need to make any trades at all. Three 1990 birth year players who can all be OA's next year - unless it was suspected or known that De Hart would pull a Parnham and decide he won't accept a trade or suit up and play because he wants to play minor pro, it's more worth it to keep him.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down