Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many teams are ahead of us in the East ?

3 posters

Go down

How many teams are ahead of us in the East ? Empty How many teams are ahead of us in the East ?

Post by Gens Camper Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:59 am

This is a realistic post - I know it's only 4 games in BUT

If you know your game - not far fetched

Kingston could win our division and battle Barrie and Missy -for Conference title with the Petes and Sudbury battling for 4th

So that's 5 teams that appear to be rising

So that leaves the other 5 teams - 5 - 10 seed

Ottawa should be in the 6 or 7 seed

That leaves - Niagara - Oshawa - Brampton - Belleville

BUT if 1 of these 4 can get overager of or drafted player back - difference maker

Your thoughts

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

How many teams are ahead of us in the East ? Empty Re: How many teams are ahead of us in the East ?

Post by hockeynightinontario Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:06 pm

Not sure I've been that impressed with the Petes so far -- they're not a terrible team, but I don't know they're guaranteed to be that high. Brampton got Hodgson back today, if they were to get Duchene or Grachev back, suddenly we are looking at a Battalion team that might try to make a move or two and make another playoff run.

Kingston seems like the division champs, and while Mississauga has a good team, I see Barrie easily winning that division. Their offensive depth is unmatched, and while the defence is average, the forwards backcheck well and the goaltending is solid. Niagara will surprise some people as they're a hard working team that is scoring a lot of goals so far. Sudbury looks alright, but I thought Oshawa outplayed them overall Sunday. They seem middle of the road to me.

Belleville could be in for a long year, and the moves they've made indicate they're in full rebuild mode. If Ottawa doesn't start playing 60 minutes each night, they could find themselves on the outside looking in.

So that leaves the Generals. I like the top end forwards and the mix on the blueline. Goaltending, as with so many teams at this point, is a question mark, but I liked what I saw from Bailie the other night.

I see the Generals as a playoff team. Home ice is probably a stretch, but anywhere from 5 through 8 is realistic.

hockeynightinontario

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

How many teams are ahead of us in the East ? Empty Re: How many teams are ahead of us in the East ?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:04 pm

interesting thoughts

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:44 pm

Let's leave the possibility open that Kingston doesn't play as well as expected because it's Kingston.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeynightinontario Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:07 pm

History would say you have a point. I really think, however, this is a new attitude in Kingston. A new facility can really change attitudes and perceptions, and I think that's happening there. More significantly, there were changes to the on-ice product -- I think Doug Gilmour is imparting much of his personality and grit on the team. I've seen them a couple of times in person and I'm really impressed -- strong neutral zone play that causes a lot of turnovers and they get plenty of scoring chances. Time will tell if it continues, of course, but they have cause for optimism so far.

hockeynightinontario

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:07 am

Kingston are for real -

If the PETES get GOOD goaltending they will challenge

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:43 am

I know one thing for sure this is the weakest East in years and years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:31 pm

I agree very weak at this point

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down