Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking Ahead But Not Optimistically.

+8
KHE
mygens
archer_gens
gensfan4life3232
nerfherder
steamed
Oshawa fan
jaycro
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looking Ahead But Not Optimistically. Empty Looking Ahead But Not Optimistically.

Post by jaycro Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:05 pm

The Gens are going to have a lot of holes to fill next year, especially on defence. Just looked at a mock draft for the OHL Draft scheduled for April 7. It does not show the Gens having any selections in Rounds 2 and 3. Several teams have several 2nd and 3rd rounders so if that draft is accurate, I hope something is done to obtain selections as everyone says this is a deep draft right down to the bottom of the 2nd. Does anyone know differently and can lighten/brighten this scenario.?

Last edited by jaycro on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Looking Ahead But Not Optimistically. Empty Re: Looking Ahead But Not Optimistically.

Post by Oshawa fan Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:20 pm

I think the holes really show up two years from now. They may have a couple of OA defencemen from this years team for next year.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Looking Ahead But Not Optimistically. Empty Re: Looking Ahead But Not Optimistically.

Post by steamed Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:54 am

jaycro wrote:The Gens are going to have a lot of holes to fill next year, especially on defence. Just looked at a mock draft for the OHL Draft scheduled for April 7. It does not show the Gens having any selections in Rounds 2 and 3. Several teams have several 2nd and 3rd rounders so if that draft is accurate, I hope something is done to obtain selections as everyone says this is a deep draft right down to the bottom of the 2nd. Does anyone know differently and can lighten/brighten this scenario.?

it all depends on the OA's if Petgrave and Schemitsch return as OA's we still have Brown,Carlisle,Sullentrop we have a good core
of D returning in a rebuilding season.I don't expect to much in the Gen's next season.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:11 pm

steamed wrote:
jaycro wrote:The Gens are going to have a lot of holes to fill next year, especially on defence. Just looked at a mock draft for the OHL Draft scheduled for April 7. It does not show the Gens having any selections in Rounds 2 and 3. Several teams have several 2nd and 3rd rounders so if that draft is accurate, I hope something is done to obtain selections as everyone says this is a deep draft right down to the bottom of the 2nd. Does anyone know differently and can lighten/brighten this scenario.?

it all depends on the OA's if Petgrave and Schemitsch return as OA's we still have Brown,Carlisle,Sullentrop we have a good core
of D returning in a rebuilding season.I don't expect to much in the Gen's next season.

I think every season seems to be a rebuilding season here Mad

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:25 pm

seems like it has been ever since jt got traded
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:34 am

We weren't rebuilding most of the time with JT?we had one good season.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:09 pm

well , if this draft year is as deep as you all seem to think , i would consider trading a couple of current players for some 2nd rd picks , lessio and jensen, thomas in particular , i don't think it works with these guys on the team for some reason , there obviously was a problem on this team this past year , the talent was there , the results were not, coaching??? chemistry ????/ maybe both just a thought , a bunch of 2nd round picks in a good draft year would go a long way to get the rebuild jump started ...........this is what i would do !, your thoughts ?

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:42 pm

mygens wrote:well , if this draft year is as deep as you all seem to think , i would consider trading a couple of current players for some 2nd rd picks , lessio and jensen, thomas in particular , i don't think it works with these guys on the team for some reason , there obviously was a problem on this team this past year , the talent was there , the results were not, coaching??? chemistry ????/ maybe both just a thought , a bunch of 2nd round picks in a good draft year would go a long way to get the rebuild jump started ...........this is what i would do !, your thoughts ?

The thing with that is that Lessio is the only asset that will most likely return. Thomas would be an OA he will play AHL if there is not a NHL lockout. Jensen will most likely be in the AHL as well. Jensen looked like to me he lost his confidence this year for whatever reason. The off season will help him and most likely won't be back. So really nothing to trade right now so looks like the draft is what it is. Thank Rocco because he wanted a first round gate and to save total embarrassment of not making the playoffs at all. Oh well no Mem Cup hosting in 2014, pretty sure Windsor will have a lock on that. Just my opinion.

nerfherder

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:04 pm

nerfherder wrote:
Oh well no Mem Cup hosting in 2014, pretty sure Windsor will have a lock on that. Just my opinion.

Windsor is not a lock I'm sure Kingston will have something to say about that.

steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:10 pm

archer_gens wrote:We weren't rebuilding most of the time with JT?we had one good season.

I don't want to reopen some wounds here but the mistake the Gens organization made the year Kitchener hosted the Memorial Cup was trading for Neuvirth. That trade set the organization back several years. The team was probably going to make it to the conference final against Belleville whether they acquired Neuvirth or not. The team however was set up to make a similar run the next year with Del Zotto, JT, Mitchell etc... however that trade halted all of that. I don't know if it was the previous owner Davies that forced that trade or if it was 100% Selwood.

I really don't think this team will be as bad as everyone thinks next year. I'll be interested to see what happens on an organizational level in the next couple weeks with regards to the coach and GM.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:44 pm

depends who's available to be the coach and gm hopefully they don't give both positions to the new coach we know how well that worked out last time.
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:17 pm

I might be the only person on earth that believes this but I believe Neuvirth was hurt before he came to Oshawa(World Junior) and that trade should have been reversed.I know nothing of the generals' ownership financial status, the contract status of management, coaches and scouts or the situations of individual overage players. If I was the new owner I would want to know those things. I can state only two things: the drought has now lasted 15 years since 1997 and I will watch the Generals when they visit Kingston next year. Thank you to all the lads who made an effort on behalf of the shwa this year. Cheers to 50 years as a Generals fan.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Jenson does not play in the Ahl next year. He plays in the NHL or here. Unlike Thomas who is an overager and go where he wants, Jenson can't.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:25 pm

the croc wrote:Jenson does not play in the Ahl next year. He plays in the NHL or here. Unlike Thomas who is an overager and go where he wants, Jenson can't.

NO Jensen is an Import and can play in the AHL next year ..look it up

nerfherder

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:42 pm

If there is an NHL lockout they will probably all be back if not alot will be gone. If theres an NHL lockout players that would have moved up to the NHL from the AHL will not do so, less spots open up.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:35 pm

nerfherder wrote:
the croc wrote:Jenson does not play in the Ahl next year. He plays in the NHL or here. Unlike Thomas who is an overager and go where he wants, Jenson can't.

I don't think Jensen can play in the AHL next year because when he was drafted he was drafted from a CHL team. If he was drafted by Vancouver from a European team and then came to play in the CHL he would be eligible to go to the AHL next year, however because he was actually drafted as a member of the Generals he is not considered an import for the AHL.

I found this....

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=403429

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:03 am

a moot point guys jensen is not good enough to play in the ahl are you kidding me !!!!! plain and simple he will be back in the OHL next year i just hope not with us !!! the kid didn't show up after nhl training camp , and thomas in the OHL , not unless he puts on 20 lbs over the summer , not STRONG ENOUGH yet .....THESE GUYS ARENT READY !!!!! Nevertheless i hope to see jensen and lessio moved for a 2nd round pick in this years draft , that would be very lucky for us , if they return you can expect the same as this year , these guys are a far cry from jenner , who btw wil only have one more year with us ..........this team needs a new coach and a new direction on the ice with team first players !!!

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:38 am

KHE wrote:
nerfherder wrote:

I don't think Jensen can play in the AHL next year because when he was drafted he was drafted from a CHL team. If he was drafted by Vancouver from a European team and then came to play in the CHL he would be eligible to go to the AHL next year, however because he was actually drafted as a member of the Generals he is not considered an import for the AHL.

I found this....

Well not sure what that is but he was drafted by the Generals as an import in 2010 from Denmark.....here is the proof
http://www.oshawagenerals.com/page/2010-ohl-priority-selection

nerfherder

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:47 am

nerfherder wrote:
KHE wrote:
nerfherder wrote:

I found this....

Well not sure what that is but he was drafted by the Generals as an import in 2010 from Denmark.....here is the proof
http://www.oshawagenerals.com/page/2010-ohl-priority-selection

Yes he was drafted by Oshawa from Denmark in the import draft but that means nothing when trying to determine his AHL eligibility. The question is where was he when Vancouver drafted him? The answer to that is Oshawa. That is the difference.

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:56 am

Jensen eithier plays in the NHL or the OHL but can't play in the AHL as he was drafted to Vancover from the OHL,The only way he could of been placed in the AHL if he was drafted by the NHL when Jensen was playing for Denmark.an example is Sudbury's Goalie can't remember his name,he could of been place to the AHL prior to the OHL as he was drafted by Chicago,but they decided to place him with Sudbury when they drafted him in last years euro draft.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by newgensfan85 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:07 pm

wont labardo be an OA as well

newgensfan85

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:28 pm

9 OA's 3 spots.

Schemitch and Petgrave are givens if they come to camp in my mind. So there is room for 1 OA forward and there are 7 of them.

Could be Labardo
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by mikekomisarek08 Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:01 am

archer_gens wrote:9 OA's 3 spots.

Schemitch and Petgrave are givens if they come to camp in my mind. So there is room for 1 OA forward and there are 7 of them.

Could be Labardo

Having both Ds return would be ideal but count on one only. Suel will be back, Brown also and Carlisle will be on the bubble but should be #6 or #7. Expect 3 or 4 new Ds on the roster imo. Then again, the new GM has two choices... go for it this year (fat chance to succeed imo) or revamp.

mikekomisarek08

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Nothing personal but labardo is not good enough to take an overage spot , much rather have Emerson back

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:39 pm

who r the 9 oa's the the gens have to choose from next year
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next