Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2009 NHL Playoffs 1st round matches & predictions

Go down

2009 NHL Playoffs 1st round matches & predictions Empty 2009 NHL Playoffs 1st round matches & predictions

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:04 am

EASTERN CONFERENCE

(Cool Montreal Canadiens vs. (1) Boston Bruins
Game 1 Thursday, Game 2 Saturday at TD Banknorth Garden

Boston won the season series with a 5-0-1 record, including 3-0 at home. Factoring in their shootout-winning goal on Nov. 22, the Bruins outscored the Habs, 23-13.

Tim Thomas was 4-0-1 in the season series with a .933 save percentage. Zdeno Chara had six points while David Krejci and Marc Savard had five each. Carey Price started five of the games and had a .878 save percentage. The Habs will likely be without Andrei Markov (shoulder), who had four assists against the Bruins this season.

My prediction= Bruins in 5 games

(7) New York Rangers vs. (2) Washington Capitals
Game 1 Wednesday, Game 2 Saturday at Verizon Center

The Caps won the season series with a 3-0-1 record and outscored the Rangers, 14-11. The teams haven't met since the Rangers hired John Tortorella as coach and acquired Sean Avery, Nik Antropov and Derek Morris.

Alex Ovechkin had five points against the Rangers this season, including three goals and an assist at Madison Square Garden. Nicklas Backstrom had six assists and Mike Green scored three goals. Jose Theodore stopped 70 of 79 shots (.886 percent). Henrik Lundqvist was 1-2 with a .881 save percentage vs. Washington.

My prediction= the caps in 7

(6) Carolina Hurricanes vs. (3) New Jersey Devils
Game 1 Wednesday, Game 2 Friday at Prudential Center

The Canes and Devils have played three times since March 18, with Carolina winning twice. Carolina won the season series, 3-1, but three games were decided by one goal.

Cam Ward was 3-0 with a .951 save percentage against the Devils, but faced Martin Brodeur only once. Brodeur was 1-1 with a .945 save percentage against Carolina. Rod Brind'Amour had six assists against New Jersey, while Tuomo Ruutu and Sergei Samsonov each had three goals. Brian Rolston and Patrik Elias each had four points in the season series.

My prediction= the devils in 7

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs. (4) Pittsburgh Penguins
Game 1 Wednesday, Game 2 Friday at Mellon Arena

The Penguins won four of the six games in the season series, including one in OT and another in a shootout. Counting Pittsburgh's shootout winner, each team scored 21 goals.

Sidney Crosby led all scorers in the season series with nine points while Evgeni Malkin had seven. Kimmo Timonen dished out seven assists while Mike Knuble and Simon Gagne each scored four goals. Marc-Andre Fleury was 4-1 with a .891 save percentage. Martin Biron struggled for the most part with a 2-2-1 record and .879 save percentage.

my prediction= its a tight one but i go with philly in 7.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(Cool Anaheim Ducks vs. (1) San Jose Sharks
Game 1 Thursday, Game 2 Sunday at HP Pavilion

The Sharks won the low-scoring season series, 4-2. They won twice at home and twice in Anaheim, but each team scored only 12 goals in six games.

Dan Boyle had four assists and Jonathan Cheechoo three goals against Anaheim. Ryan Getzlaf had six assists while Corey Perry and Bobby Ryan scored two goals apiece in the season series. Evgeni Nabokov was 3-2 with a .930 save percentage and two shutouts. Jonas Hiller started the last four games for Anaheim and was 1-3 with a .929 save percentage.

my prediction= this is the sharks year,sharks in 5 games.

(7) Columbus Blue Jackets vs. (2) Detroit Red Wings
Game 1 Thursday, Game 2 Saturday at Joe Louis Arena

The defending Stanley Cup champs earned seven of a possible 12 points in the season series with Columbus, winning three, losing twice in regulation and once in overtime.

Marian Hossa led Detroit with five goals against Columbus, while Pavel Datsyuk had eight points. Rick Nash scored six goals against Detroit, including his hat trick on March 7 in an 8-2 win. Steve Mason was 3-2 with a .930 save percentage. Chris Osgood was 2-2-1 with an .855 save percentage. He gave up seven goals on 23 shots in that March 7 game.

my prediction= the first year that the jackets make and they will shock everyone when they do.You thought steve mason was good in the regular season,wait till he plays in the playoffs.They will upset detriot and mason will shine along with all the other talent on columbus. My prediction =the jackets in 6 games.

(6) St. Louis Blues vs. (3) Vancouver Canucks
Game 1 Wednesday, Game 2 Friday at GM Place

The Blues and Canucks split their four-game season series right down the middle. Each won a road game and Vancouver outscored St. Louis by a goal, 15-14.

Chris Mason and Roberto Luongo faced each other in the last three games with Luongo getting the better of Mason. He was 2-1 with a .911 save percentage while Mason was 1-2 with a .863 save percentage. Daniel and Henrik Sedin combined for 2 goals and 8 assists against the Blues. Patrik Berglund led St. Louis with six points against Vancouver.

my prediction= canucks in 5 games

(5) Calgary Flames vs. (4) Chicago Blackhawks
Game 1 Thursday, Game 2 Saturday at United Center

The Blackhawks dominated the season series, winning all four games, including one in overtime. They outscored the Flames 19-7; 11-3 at the United Center.

Martin Havlat paced the Hawks against the Flames this season with six points on 2 goals and 4 assists. Patrick Kane had 4 points on 2 goals and 2 assists. Nikolai Khabibulin started three of the games and allowed only six goals for a .941 save percentage. Miikka Kiprusoff was 0-3-1 with a .856 save percentage. Jarome Iginla had three assists. Olli Jokinen didn't play in any of the games.

my prediction=its been a long time running but finally the hawks are back in the playoffs with a team of great talented youth.I think they will beat out the flames and like the bluejackets they will shock everyone.
my prediction= hawks in 6 games.

feel free to leave your predictions...i would luv to c them.

Back to top Go down

2009 NHL Playoffs 1st round matches & predictions Empty 2009 NHL Playoffs 1st Round Predictions

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:26 pm

Estern conference

8 Montreal Vs Boston 1- Bruins in 6
7 NYR Vs Vs Washington 2 - caps in 7
6 Carolina Vs New Jersery - Devils in 6
4 Pittsburgh Vs Philadelphia - Pens in 7

Western conference

8 Anaheim Vs San Jose- Sharks in 6
7 Columbus Vs Detroit - Blue Jackets in 6
6 St louis Vs Vancouver- nucks in 7
5 Calgary Vs Chicago- Hawks in 6

Back to top Go down

2009 NHL Playoffs 1st round matches & predictions Empty Re: 2009 NHL Playoffs 1st round matches & predictions

Post by GENNY Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:36 pm

I'm not much for predictions but I can't help notice that Montreal has a way of eliminating the Bruins. Just one of lifes enigmas.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

2009 NHL Playoffs 1st round matches & predictions Empty Re: 2009 NHL Playoffs 1st round matches & predictions

Post by GENNY Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:13 pm

Like I said. I'm not much for predictions.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:56 pm

me eithe not looking good for the 1st rd for me lol oh well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down