Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boone Jenner

+6
wannabe
hockeybeats
GensFan03
gensrock
archer_gens
gogopuck
10 posters

Go down

Boone Jenner Empty Boone Jenner

Post by gogopuck Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:03 pm

Seems to me that Boone is having a tough time adjusting to the speed in the OHL. I hope he turns out OK since he was such a high draft pick.

gogopuck

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Boone Jenner Empty Re: Boone Jenner

Post by archer_gens Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:20 pm

i dunno its only preseason and i haven't seen much of him on the ice..... plus not every one is a JT.... i think so far he's looked fine for a rookie
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:23 pm

gogopuck wrote:Seems to me that Boone is having a tough time adjusting to the speed in the OHL. I hope he turns out OK since he was such a high draft pick.
exactly how?..............the kid has played three(3) games in the "O".............cut him some slack eh!!
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by GensFan03 Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:16 pm

gogopuck wrote:Seems to me that Boone is having a tough time adjusting to the speed in the OHL. I hope he turns out OK since he was such a high draft pick.

A lot of players have a tough time adjusting. Look at John Macfarland from last year. It took him a while to get adjusted. But now look at him, he captained Team Canada and looks to be more of a scoring threat this year.

GensFan03

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:24 pm

Any player needs time to adjust when they move up a level.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:19 am

let the player bashing begin i guess.... i mean the seasons a week away so why not start now...................
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by wannabe Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:32 pm

So I got to attend the game last night without my kids in tow so I was able to pay full attention to the game. Jenner is not a good skater. But to his defence neither are some of the touted players on this team. I have coached minor hockey in the past and the best thing that minor hockey associations can offer young players is qualified power skating instruction. Does anyone know if the Gens employ such a coach?? They sure need it. At this level skilled skating is a manditory attribute. I just don't think Boone has the feet to go with the eyes and great hands.

wannabe

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Boone Jenner Empty Lighten up on the rookies

Post by Gens Camper Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:10 am

This is part of the rebuilding process - we have 2 many kids - 16 yr olds and you expect them to play like J.T. OR LIKE 18 YR OLDS

Not going to happen - the rookies on D need the veteran D back for mentorship

The same with Jenner (Thomas ) they need veteran mentorship from some veteran forwards to build the confidence

With Parnham not playing it hurts - and not all 19 yr olds can fit that mentorship (leadership role)

Who is our captain ?? our leader

When all of the O A are back from NHL camps maybe 1 becomes available - we need a veteran center

Jenner will be fine - time is needed - how was your first few days on your job

It wouldn't surprise me to see the kid score in his first regular season game in Sarnia

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:16 pm

regarding jenner , well as so many say its a crap shoot drafting these kids , the gens picked him ahead of his ranking for what thats worth , he's going to be big , he can skate amd seems to handle the puck well , whether he will be the team leader ? who knows ? i wouldnt bet the house on it , but he will be a good junior , when you think about it the teams that make it to the dance , dont have the big stars , the 18 year sensations usually , windsor being the exception perhaps , but rather a team of good hard working players that are in the league 3 to 4 years , when your 18 year old stars get taken away by the nhl , it really hurts and those teams dont usually win anything ! .......i'm excited about the gens picking up the rights to lessio , thats like having two dfirst round picks in the same year .......good way to start the rebuild !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4ever Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:40 pm

Not doing bad now

gensfan4ever

Number of posts : 334
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:14 am

Haven't seen him play an official game yet but I think we have a good one in Boone Jenner!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by gogopuck Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:29 pm

I will admit that Jenner is oiff to a nice start but he still isn't the most fluid on his skates. That sounds like another we use to have.

gogopuck

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Boone Jenner Empty Jenner - skating

Post by Gens Camper Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:45 pm

Dave Andreychuk was probably one of the worst skaters and Terry O'Reilly - how did they make out

Look for the good in his game

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down