Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boone Jenner

+6
gogeneralsgo
GENNY
Lindy88
gmc 118
Peter_Puck
Gens_Fan_22
10 posters

Go down

Boone Jenner Empty Boone Jenner

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:53 pm

I really enjoy watching him play............needs to work on his skating and that will come as he is just a youngster in this leage.
I was surprised to hear the guys talk about him on the radio after the game against Soo last Sunday and I couldn't agree more with their comments.
They were saying that every time someone from opposing team gets near him or he goes down on the ice that he is always looking at the officials for a call. This behaviour certainly reminds me of Talor Hall and I call him a whiner as I have seen him do it in many games this season on the ohl action pack.They went further to say that he better learn to control this as he will get a reputation. Case in point in last nights game against Ottawa. Ottawa playwe gets a call for tripping and Jenner gets a call for diving. I am sure Dips says to try and get the call against opposition but I think Jenner over embellishes most of the time.
Radio guys went further to say that the official make game notes and are avaiable for all refs to read. Just don't want Jenner to get that reputaion of a whiner like Taylor Hall has gotten.
Anyone else notice this kind of behaviour from Jenner? Interested in what other have to say on this topic.
Jenner really has a great work ethic and gives his all most of the time..........definitely think he will go far in this league and hopefully for our Gens. I just want him to be less of a whiner.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Boone Jenner Empty Boone Jenner

Post by Peter_Puck Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:48 pm

You are not the only one who has noticed Boone reactions on the ice. Hopefully this will change as he matures, otherwise he is following down the path that Dale Mitchell has for getting diving and unsportsmanlike calls against him . Jeff Brown has calmed himself down the last couple of months and he is much more productive on the ice than in the penalty box maybe Boone should ask Jeff what changed. Jenner is an emotional player and he needs to play and forget what the officials are doing. I have lots of thoughts on Jenner, but he is only 16 you can't mould him in one season. He is going to be great!
Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Boone Jenner Empty Re: Boone Jenner

Post by gmc 118 Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:25 pm

Boone plays with heart every game, maybe if some of our 90,s and 91.s played with the same heart and emotion our 16 year old does, we wouldnt be near the bottom of a very WEAK east division. Enjoy his play while he is here.Boone is ranked right now to be the 5th player taken in the 2010-2011 nhl draft. Imagine loosing him to the nhl after next season.That sure would hurt.Kinda like when nathan horton left us after only two seasons.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:46 pm

Boone Jenner could turn into a Cam Neely type in the NHL someday. That's who he reminds me of.
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:26 am

I like Boone. The refs like to give him stupid penalties. Sometimes he gets called just for being there. He's very effective out of the box.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Genny------------the refs call him for retaliation type penalites which are stupid on his part.
Yes he is only 16 and needs to mature quite a bit.

Gens_Fan_22

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:45 pm

I really like Jenner's skill and work ethic, however I cannot stand the constant whining. He is young, however for a 1st year player in this league he needs to shut up and just play. I get the impression that this behaviour has been going on for a long time and will be tough to stop. If you think the refs like being whined at, you are wrong. They probably already have figured him out which means he will not be getting many breaks from them. Let's hope the maturing process speeds up in his case.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:31 pm

The coach should be taking this up with Boone Maybe a taste of the pines might nip this in the butt. You whin you sit. Take the bad penality or retaliation penalty and get caught. A taste of the pines. Great player and exciting to watch. But keep putting your team in a man down postion at least twice a game is hindering the team.
Just my opinion.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:46 pm

Dead on drifter!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:05 pm

We need more Boone Jenners - he is probably trying to do it all

by himself and hates to lose - if you could put some of his heart

in some of the others - we would be OK - HE IS STILL ONLY 16

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Gens Camper wrote:We need more Boone Jenners - he is probably trying to do it all

by himself and hates to lose - if you could put some of his heart

in some of the others - we would be OK - HE IS STILL ONLY 16

I coundn't agree more. He has a lot of heart and tries to do a lot on his own. But he has to learn to control the temper. he gets upset throwen out of the faceoff circle for the face off. But not without words to linesmen. he has to learn to take it right or wrong without arguing or saying something. He is only 16 and already getting a reputation as a whinner. He has to learn to suck it up, not retailiate right away and pick his spot to do it clean.( Like a good check) Not put the team down a man for stupid penlities. That is not helpping the TEAM cause. It should be addressed now at a young age, and he will have one hell of a carrear. I am not by any means trying to put this great and upcoming player down. just trying to make it better for him in the league.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:01 pm

Well said Drifter..............that is why I brought this topic up to see what others thought.
He is a great kid and with maturity will be a force to be reckoned with.

Gens_Fan_22

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:43 am

Last night in Peterborugh Jenner ought to have been benched for his outbursts. Maybe benching him after stupid penalties, he will get the message.

Gens_Fan_22

Back to top Go down

Post by dewitl Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:49 pm

I agree with Gens Fan. Boone has been getting too many penalties. I believe last night one of them led to a 5 on 3. He's a great player, but needs to control the bad penalties he takes.

dewitl

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 116
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down