Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK visitors to the GM Centre, vs Ottawa 67s

3 posters

Go down

UK visitors to the GM Centre, vs Ottawa 67s Empty UK visitors to the GM Centre, vs Ottawa 67s

Post by uk_hockey_fan Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:00 am

Hi. I hope you guys don't mind me posting this here looking for a bit of info, if it should be somewhere else please accept my apologies.

Myself and my fiancée are visiting Oshawa on 4th October and will be taking in the game against the Ottawa 67s. We are both big hockey fans, and follow the Nottingham Panthers of the UK's Elite Ice Hockey League. We're really looking forward to the game, and visiting Oshawa and would really appreciate any tips from the inside on where to go before the game for a beer and a bite to eat, where to soak up the atmosphere and anything else in Oshawa that is worth seeing! If anyone has any time to highlight the players to watch from the Oshawa roster this year that would be great as well.

Thanks in advance and best wishes for the 09/10 OHL season.

uk_hockey_fan

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-11

Back to top Go down

UK visitors to the GM Centre, vs Ottawa 67s Empty Re: UK visitors to the GM Centre, vs Ottawa 67s

Post by steamed Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:20 am

uk_hockey_fan wrote:Hi. I hope you guys don't mind me posting this here looking for a bit of info, if it should be somewhere else please accept my apologies.

Myself and my fiancée are visiting Oshawa on 4th October and will be taking in the game against the Ottawa 67s. We are both big hockey fans, and follow the Nottingham Panthers of the UK's Elite Ice Hockey League. We're really looking forward to the game, and visiting Oshawa and would really appreciate any tips from the inside on where to go before the game for a beer and a bite to eat, where to soak up the atmosphere and anything else in Oshawa that is worth seeing! If anyone has any time to highlight the players to watch from the Oshawa roster this year that would be great as well.

Thanks in advance and best wishes for the 09/10 OHL season.

First glad to have you on the site and in the "SHWA" there is a couple of places that I could suggest for a beer and a bite to eat and some atmosphere and they are Riley's (block north of the GMC) and my personal favorite THE MONK (block west of the GMC)ask anyone around the arena for the directions.
as for who worth seeing on the team Christian Thomas( Toronto Maple Leaf Steve Thomas son) Calven DeHaan,
the Gen's have a young team this year so to say who will stand out will be hard to say as the season hasn't started yet.
enjoy yourself and if you find yourself @ the MONK I"ll @ the bar I'll buy you a pint. cheers
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

UK visitors to the GM Centre, vs Ottawa 67s Empty Re: UK visitors to the GM Centre, vs Ottawa 67s

Post by GENNY Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:13 pm

Definitely The Thirsty Monk. They pour the best Guinness and the food is incredible. My favourite is the Cajun jerk wings. Christian's father Steve is at every game and is very easy to talk to. There are several museums in Oshawa as well as Parkwood and we also have an art gallery. I'm a goalie fan so I like Micheal Zador although our younger guys are growing and are sure to improve. Enjoy the game and have fun. If you want to sit close to the bar at the game choose section 103.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:55 pm

As luck would have it I am working that day and cannot go to the game. You two are more than welcome to have my tickets. Think of it as an engagement gift. king queen
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by uk_hockey_fan Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:50 am

Genny, thanks for your incredibly kind offer. Ordinarily i'd be delighted to accept however we had already secured our tickets. Hopefully we'll catch you at a future Gens game!

Thanks for the info also, both Genny and steamed, we'll definitely check out the Monk, checked out their website, looks a good place. Will hopefully be able to buy you a pint steamed, as a thank you for your information!

Cheers all, see you in October!

uk_hockey_fan

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down