Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At home to Kitchener

4 posters

Go down

At home to Kitchener Empty At home to Kitchener

Post by GENNY Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:35 am

I just thought that I would just start this up as I have nothing better to do at 1:30 a.m. I'll be there. cheers
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

At home to Kitchener Empty Re: At home to Kitchener

Post by archer_gens Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:59 am

Really hoping with NHL camps over with that we have 1 or 2 regulars back.... that being said i expect to see the exact same lineup as Dips sounded like he wouldn't make cuts until monday.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:14 am

what no one wants to talk about it

8-2

valentine and dehart were there
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:35 am

We allways seem to get a lot of shots on goal but we really need a lot of shots to go in the goal.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:54 am

Really what is there to talk about the score was 8-2 says it all. The lads really didn't look like they cared about the game as if treating it as what it was an exhibition game meaningless. As for the shots probably half weren't even quality shots!!

There just seemed to be no chemisty to the team at all, I hope that improves once the captains and assistants are chosen. Our defense has to be able to play in front of both our goalies, poor Bailie was on his own most of last evening.

If Parnham doesn't come back we better start looking for a pure goal scorer or we may well be in for another long season.

I realize it was only exhibition, but my god just look at the approach the rangers took in that game they played like the game meant something can we say the same for our team .

Now on the plus side I like how good Esposto is looking and wow the hip checks from Valentine , Jeff Brown could be a good threat this year and Berger if he can handle the pace of the OHL could be a dandy.
UGENS
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:17 am

The Rangers were about as good as the Gens last year yet looking at both teams vs each other the last 2 games with guys supposedly fighting for spots on their teams Kitchener's younger players looked a heck of a lot better than Oshawa's kids. It could have been 12-2 last night. The Rangers always seem to be able to rebuild contending teams. The Gens however are a different story altogether in that regard. I mean honestly how bad would we have been the last few years without a 1st overall pick in Tavares? I know the scouts have been changed but last nights effort as UGENS pointed out was very disappointing. Whatever Dips! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by wannabe Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:40 pm

I would agree. After last night I was questioning scouting too!! I mentioned in another post that the skating skills are just not there. Players in the league that can skate like Parnham and Nagy will blow the doors off this team. They best invest in a power skating coach...and fast. Scary how much of a difference veteran players bring to the game. Those away at NHL camps are sorely missed. The mear thought of them not returning makes me feel a bit ill. But we must face facts that we are rebuilding and the kids are young. With proper leadership and instruction the sky's the limit.

wannabe

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down