Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens leading division

+7
Generalizations
bigE88
Gens Fan 112
GENNY
generalsfan
Hayes#21
hockeybeats
11 posters

Go down

Gens leading division Empty Gens leading division

Post by hockeybeats Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:47 pm

With Peterborough's loss tonight, the Gens now have the best winning percentage in the East division and have the #2 seed in the conference. With Barrie's loss tonight, the Gens are two points back of Barrie with a game in hand. Still early but looking good. I blame the coaching. Laughing

Of course, Mississauga has only played 9 games and they've also got 12 points. That's probably the team to beat in the Eastern conference.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Gens leading division Empty Re: Gens leading division

Post by Hayes#21 Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:24 am

We could have more points too!!! Just lost a couple really close games. Could have gone either way in the overtime games, and a couple small lapses lost us some points.

On the positive side. The team is getting stronger with every game. Confidence is building. The coach is getting some very consistent play from all lines .

I am sure we all remeber the grumblings of the previous seasons. Not enough shots on net...well we are defintely working on improving that aspect. Too many shots on our goalies. Again, the improvement on that area...impressive. Only have one guy who can score. Well, look at our sheet...very balanced. My personal feeling of very weak defensive effort...they have improved significantly , in my opinion in that area. All sigs that the coach is doing an awful job....LOL! All the areas our fans have complained about...being addressed....Loved your sarcasim...perfectly timed.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:33 am

Without the meltdown in Barrie, these would be the eastern conference leading Generals! Very Happy Got some nice help last night from the western conference in 3 out of 4 games. Sure looks good on the OHL site to be at the top of the division and 2nd in the conference.

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:07 pm

#1 has a nice ring to it. cheers
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:09 pm

you're absolutely right, generalsfan. as i write this (after the win in the soo) i can't help but think that the melt-down in barrie was a wake-up call of sorts. this is certainly a welcome situation for we gens fans , i know im enjoying it.....keep it up, boys!
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:09 am

a couple more weeks like this and the Gens could be a CHL top ten ranked team.... who'd of thought
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:59 am

We could have a top ten offence in the country, but I'm still concerned about the defensive side of the game. I'm happier now than before though. Everyone likes to win.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:59 pm

the gens as i said in an earlier post are a great skating team , best in a long time , anyone notice the gens outshoot the opposition on most nights ..great road trip , you gotta love it !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:46 pm

It was a dandy. weekend. Good going Gens
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:10 am

This is the result of great team work from the coaching staff on down

Everyone is buying into the system and they are doing it the

old fashioned way - GENERALS hockey used to be like this

Bust your butt and everyone going hard - no one is giving up

That is great with no superstar

Thanks J T for waiving your no trade clause - you have made

the GENS teams today and the future better

GO GENS GO - The tradition continues

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:40 pm

mygens wrote:the gens as i said in an earlier post are a great skating team , best in a long time , anyone notice the gens outshoot the opposition on most nights ..great road trip , you gotta love it !
I have watch the GENS for many years outshooting the opponents and ending up on the wrong side of the scoreboard. Things are falling into place lately. Maybe with JT out of the picture the GENS are playing more as a team or maybe the new goalie coach has the goalies playing better or maybe it's a little of both. However you want to analyze it the team has definitely improved and I like it. GO GENS GO we like what we see. cheers
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:59 pm

Were the Gens ever in first place with Tavares and Del Zotto here? It's funny how things go sometimes because I don't recall it happening too often, if at all. Who would have thought that without Tavares, Del Zotto, Parnham and Nagy the team would have 52 goals in 12 games. I think it was natural with the players we knew would be gone just to assume this season maybe wouldn't be that great, but this is amazing! Zador has only 1 regulation loss in 8 games. Very Happy

Awesome! Here's hoping Friday night in Guelph produces another great result. cheers

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Chamoo Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:39 am

Watching the Gens play a devoted system is a nice change compared to what used to happen.

That Tavares/Del Zotto trade seems even better now.

Chamoo

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:44 pm

Good job Guys Keep it p and let's extend that winning streak friday night in guelph. Go Gens Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down