Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spits @ Generals sun Dec 6th/09

+13
Hayes#21
wannabe
steamed
Gens_Fan_22
gmc 118
ogf
Gens Fan 112
UGENS
gensrock
Generalizations
bigE88
hockeybeats
archer_gens
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spits @ Generals sun Dec 6th/09 Empty Spits @ Generals sun Dec 6th/09

Post by Guest Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:20 am

well this should be a good game on sunday espicially since windsor is a good team and Let's GO Gens,let's extend the winning streak to 4 games and move up in the eastern conferene playoff race whoop whoop.

Last edited by generalsfan4life on Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Spits @ Generals sun Dec 6th/09 Empty Re: Spits @ Generals sun Dec 6th/09

Post by archer_gens Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:45 am

i have my doubts that we will win, although getting a point or two between them and missy would be a great boost, i'm happy sitting in 7th vs 6th lol

6th and 8th are automatic 1st round elimination in my minds, especially if they both beef up at the deadline

heres hoping to see a good hockey game sunday
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:56 am

yup Go gens Go

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Keeping it close will be an achievement. All you can ask for in a game like this is that there is a solid 60-minute effort. Goaltending is huge - a bad goal early that gets the ball rolling for the Windsor offense would mean big trouble. Windsor's record in the last twenty games is 18-0-0-2.

A win would be a HUGE confidence booster for them because of course, if they can beat Windsor, they can beat anybody.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:30 pm

if the gens can stay out of the box probably get the 1st goal and play 60 minutes of hockey it would help there confidence much more. Go Gens Go

Last edited by generalsfan4life on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:38 pm

this will be a tough game, don't expect anything less than the Gens to be pumped playing the top team in Canada. Look for some fireworks early with Clark dropping them to get the boys going. PLay some smart hockey and anything could be possible for Windsor who are playing their third in three I believe so they might be a little tired come the third.
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:07 pm

Who does the gens play in net since ZADOR has played the last couple games in a row.Do we stick with him since hes playing awesome right now or does dips put in bailey and hope for the best to give him some playing time.I hope he sticks with zador since we are playing the number 1 team in canada and might be lit up like a christmas tree.Im looking forward to this game as i have never seen the windsor spitfires play the gens before,so im excited,go gens go.

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:08 pm

I think you have to go with experience against Windsor. That would be my call.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:14 pm

YABBA DABBA DOOOOO cheers

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:14 pm

The boys proved alot of us wrong tonight, including myself. Way to go!

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:35 pm

good soild game by the boys.....great weekend
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:46 pm

Everything went right ... they kept it close enough that they were always in striking distance, Bailie made the necessary saves, Windsor coasted a bit like they usually do when not playing the top teams (and got burned for it), maybe tired from 3 in 3 nights ... got the big goal when needed.

Should be a huge confidence booster with another tough game coming up against Mississauga and then a couple of big ones against teams that stand between the Gens and home ice in the playoffs.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:55 pm

Wow what a huge game for the Gennies . I personally don't think Windsor was coasting. I really think our lads gave them all they could handle and the lost to a good young team that is coming together.

Kudos to Kevin Bailie for an outstanding game on his part. I like the nickname Mike Luck gave Alain Berger he called him the Swiss Missle!!! Way to go Gens!!!!
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:56 pm

Hey, Mitch!

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:46 am

LOL @ Dale Mitchel..hows that taste in ur mouth mitch..yeah mitch shhhhhh,u can hear us cheering even while u drive back on ur bus now.That was unbelievable,i cant believe we won tonight.

HOLY CRAP..IT REALLY IS THE CHRISTMAS SEASON,MIRACLES REALLY DO HAPPEN..THE OSHAWA GENERALS BEAT THE WINDSOR SPITFIRES TONIGHT 5-4 IN A SHOOTOUT.THEY BEAT THE #1 TEAM IN CANADA,I CANT BELIEVE IT.GO GENS GO THATS 4 IN A ROW NOW!!!!!!!!!! BOOOYAA.

I give bailey his much RESPECT,i give him his due he was totally awesome tonight and stood on his head.The gens played a total game tonight,they played as a unit tonight and played an amazing game.And they got rewarded big time for it.Congrats to the boys tonight cause tonight our streak continues.I cant wait to read the papers about this game and hear reaction to our gens beating the spits.I love this feeling and the crowd was hot all night,it was a fun game to be at tonight.I hope we can carry this to our next game against the majors.GO GENS GO ur proving that theres much more to this team then meets the eye.These free fries taste really good tonight bye the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:03 am

Just a minor correction to the thread. That was NOT a 3 in 3 for Windsor. The Spits played Peterborough on Saturday and then the Gens Sunday. Their previous game was back on November 29th.

Great game, great effort.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:16 am

What a game played by the gens.I was pretty sure this game was going to get smoked, boy did they prove me wrong.What a strong game by bailey.This team played a full 60+ minutes.Two nice goals in the shoot out and a cheapie by mitchell.This young team has played well all season, even in the midst of a 12 game loosing streak, there was very little quit in the team.A very good work ethic with this team, and they play as a team.Not too many i's on this team like we have had in years past.Just curious where those gens fans that thought dipps should be fired how they feel now.Oh ya thats right, they will be bashing him after this team looses a couple in a row.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:34 am

awesome game!

I take back and eat my words

way to go boys
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:00 am

good job way to gens keep up the good work and i thought balie played really well tonight and was derserving of his 1st star hornors .

GO Gens GO

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:41 am

I just wonder how many people are eating "Crow" after the Gens win last night.
I for one was skeptical but deep down knew they could beat the Spits after our game in Windsor. Did I thnk they would beat them? ...not really but glad I was proven worng.....oh damn those feathers!!!!!!!
Great TEAM effort and well deserved. Their confidence level should have gone off the radar after last nights game. Go Gens Go!!!!!

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:54 am

Three words [b]WHERE IS gensman Laughing
oh yeah I forgot only post when the Gen's are not winning Laughing
What a great game yesterday and a great past week Very Happy
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by wannabe Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:21 am

Merry early Christmas Gennies!!! You guys are da bomb!!!!! That was one of the most entertaining hockey games I have ever seen. Hopefully this will give Baillie a big boost and he can keep it up. Awesome effort, awesome team work.

ssssssshhhhhhhhhh....blow it out your patootie Mitchell

wannabe

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:53 am

OH my god...Steamed......did you read my mind? I thought the same thing, the boys pull out a great moral victory and stayed focused. But I am sure we still have to fire Dipero. He certainly did not have the team prepared or a gameplan. (kidding)

This is a good sign for things to come. Don't get me wrong, we are not winning the cup, but the foundation is there. There is a plan, and it can work. Shown last night. Let's stay the course and the success will come.

Way to Gens! The effort was great and you boys deserved the win. Great job by Ballie too. Really kept us in the game. Looked very confident.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:51 pm

Good weekend for the Gens. I was sorry to miss the Teddy Bear toss (work Christmas party) but really glad we got to the game last night.

Team effort by all. The boys all worked hard and best of all did not quit when they got down a goal. I was afraid the floodgates would open when Windsor went ahead but the Gens just would not quit.

I have to give the coaching staff credit for instilling the work ethic in the team. They showed last night that they are making progress.

I was worried when I saw Baillie in net but he lived up to his promise last night. I know he has the ability but confidence has been an issue. Hopefully he will build on this game.

The Gens will miss DeHaan if he makes the WJ team (I hope he does).

Too bad there were not more people in the building last night. It was on the edge of your seat excitement for most of us especially every time Taylor Hall had the puck. He is a very good player.

Windsor lost Cam Fowler early and that did hurt them but that takes nothing away from the Gens.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Unbelievable win by the Gennies last night. I'm still in a little bit of shock that they were able to get 2 points. Not that I didn't think they could, but I didn't think they would. My hat goes off to coach DePiero. All year these kids have played their butts off and I really know he's tried to drill a gameplan into their heads. Early in the season as fans we'd see they would play hard for 30 to 40 minutes of the game and then would dog it the remainder of the game. Lately they have produced full 60 minute efforts but have not come out with a W mainly due to poor turnovers in areas (ie. their own end) where mistakes are costly. Last night though the lads executed a fantastic gameplan. I'm not going to say it was perfect as there were moments where Kevin Bailie had to make an incredible save to keep the visitors off the scoresheet. However you can really tell the kids are learning and are being coached very very well. Having set plays off faceoffs, clearing attempts etc which is very standard with coaching however in Oshawa we really haven't seen that in a while. It really looks like coach DePeiro is starting to get through to the kids and that's a great sign. With Mississauga in town on Thursday night they'll need to execute the same gameplan they used on the #1 team in the country against the #6 ranked team in the country.

FYI: Last home game for Calvin DeHaan on Thursday before he leaves for Team Canada camp which starts on the 12th. GO CAL!! Lastly, just a comment on Lucas Lessio. I've read a lot of posts on here in regards to this situation. This is what I know, his father wants him to come to Oshawa but his mother wants him to go to school in Michigan. That issue is not dead by any means. Hopefully with a lot of kids coming from the NCAA as of late he will change his mind. GO GENS GO!!

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next