Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spits @ Generals sun Dec 6th/09

+13
Hayes#21
wannabe
steamed
Gens_Fan_22
gmc 118
ogf
Gens Fan 112
UGENS
gensrock
Generalizations
bigE88
hockeybeats
archer_gens
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spits @ Generals sun Dec 6th/09 - Page 2 Empty Re: Spits @ Generals sun Dec 6th/09

Post by Generalizations Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Pardon me for mentionng this in here, but some posts seems to have a personal dislike against Dale Mitchell. I'm trying to figure out why. Dale is a great kid that played his heart out in Oshawa for several years and was a great asset to the community. Now he is doing the same in Windsor. I wish him the best luck.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Spits @ Generals sun Dec 6th/09 - Page 2 Empty Re: Spits @ Generals sun Dec 6th/09

Post by archer_gens Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:50 pm

anti leaf fans?

not gonna lie I was totally one of the boo birds at the game

your right good kid, loved him in Oshawa but he was the enemy last night, same feelings for Taylor but he's the enemy when we play Belleville
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:56 pm

Dales tactic about the shhhhhhhhhh after he scored in the shootout was uncalled for.
Glad Andy Andreooff skated by and did the same thing.........put Dale in his place. Lots of boos for him last night.............enemy is right.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:04 pm

Glad to hear things are still in the works for lessio to become a general,.I have felt all along once the trade was made that he would show up.I mentioned to the season tickets i have sat with for the last 7 years that both him and biggs would be at training camp next year.With the addition of these two and our young team improving next year could be a great year.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:09 pm

Generalizations wrote:Pardon me for mentionng this in here, but some posts seems to have a personal dislike against Dale Mitchell. I'm trying to figure out why. Dale is a great kid that played his heart out in Oshawa for several years and was a great asset to the community. Now he is doing the same in Windsor. I wish him the best luck.

Yes dale mitchell was a good player for the generals.He was and still is a WHINER, never stops yapping at the refs and all opposing players.Dale mitchell was also a problem in the dressing room two years ago,and had issues with some of our star players,the ones that are in the nhl,unlike himself who if he is lucky will be an AHL player for his career.I believe he will be an ECHL player, and nothing more.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:27 pm

gmc 118 not sure where you got your facts from, but I know for a fact JT and Dale were the best of friends as they both told me so and they both stood happily for a photo that I took at the Gens skate for season ticket holders .

I have never heard anyone state he was a problem in the dressing room. Most of our fans who post on here were very unhappy about him being in that trade that took him to Windsor.

That statement sounds more like your opinion than a fact!!! Just my opinion!!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:21 pm

The one game I had to miss because my wife was sick was against Windsor, but atleast I had rogers tv going in the background. WOW. what a game. Gens seem to have lots of confidence right now, hopefully they can keep it up against Mississauga.

As for Dale Mitchell, he is the type of player you love to have on your team, and hate him if he is not. He was just playing the crowd in his return to Oshawa last night.

Also heard from a reliable source the Generals are looking to acquire J.P Lobardo from Guelph. I don't have a source normally, but this is through his family. He is not happy in Guelph because of their system, and feels he can do better in a different environment.
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by gogenniesgo Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:14 pm

That was the best 60 minute team effort that I can remember. That was one of the best games I have seen in a long time. It's nice to see that the work ethic is paying off. IF we play like that every night we will be successful for a long time to come. Way to go guys great game.

gogenniesgo

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:00 pm

Baille was awesome. Was that three shootouts in a row? Glad I saw that one.
I allways liked Dale Mitchell. All that BOOING and SHHUSHing was a lot of fun. Very Happy
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 am

Dale did not ask to be traded, cut the kid some slack. You all loved him when he was here. Boo the GM that traded him, not the player. He is out there doing his job, the one you all loved watching him do when he was with the Gens.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:02 am

ogf wrote:Dale did not ask to be traded, cut the kid some slack. You all loved him when he was here. Boo the GM that traded him, not the player. He is out there doing his job, the one you all loved watching him do when he was with the Gens.

Maybe i am on my own, but i was not a fan of mitchell, when he was a general.I was glad when he was traded, just wish it was part of a better deal.I am not a fan of players who never stop yapping and complaing to the refs.And yes he did alot of that.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:22 am

Personally, I liked Mitchell's gesture to the crowd. It shows pride in the accomplishment of scoring a big goal, passion for the game and the charisma that it takes to become a fan favourite with his hometown fans which is all that matters - his job isn't to impress fans on the road. Most importantly - he's having FUN!

I also love Ovechkin because he would do something like that. Some call these actions showboating but unlike Don Cherry, I love when players do something a little bit different in their goal celebration within reason of course. Mitchell got burned because his team ended up losing the game but I love how he tried to have fun with the visiting fans and players, especially since he used to play here. I don't understand the Cherry viewpoint how the ideal in scoring a goal is to show no enthusiasm, put your head down and skate over to center ice. That's not classy, it's BORING!

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:38 am

Personally I wasn't very amused at the way Mitchell was constantly shooting his mouth off to the bench, pointing to his ring finger (as if to say "I have a mem cup ring") and generally acting like a smug, arrogant little punk.........but somehow I feel pretty good about it all today because in the end his team lost........maybe he showed us a little bit of why he isn't (yet) playing pro hockey. The skills are there I guess, but the maturity sure isn't........sorry, Mitch backers, that's just how I see him.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:53 am

My point 112 was that the Dale that is playing in Windsor is the same Dale that played in Oshawa. The Oshawa Fans on this board went nuts when he was traded (you included) and now that he is on a different team doing the exact same thing you boo him.

Whatever.

ogf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:07 am

I challenge you to bring up the thread on which I "went nuts."

He was never as full of himself then is he is now.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:20 am

The ironic part of this thread, is that our guys could do whatever they want if we won the Memorial Cup. Everyone else has to behave though. If Dale was on our team and did the same things, he would be cheered. Some fans will complain over anything.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:31 am

Yes, ironic.........

So anyway. The boys beat the spits. Right on!
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:14 am

112, not trying to start anything here, 'went nuts' is a figure of speech. Most fans on the board including yourself were very upset with Mitchel being traded. The point is, he was happy playing in Oshawa and never asked to be traded. I just think it is not fair to boo him. I could understand it if he refused to play here and demanded a trade, but that was not the case.

Cheers!!

ogf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:56 am

Fair enough, ogf.....the booing him part is more a matter of supporting the gens. I wasn't inclined to boo him until I witnessed some of his antics at last years game when the spits were in town.......laughing and pointing at the scoreboard and such. It's not so much that he was once a Gens as he is an antagonist. There is a reason why Taylor is recieved rather warmly upon his return. I have "jeered" Mitch in the same way I would Nazem Kadri, who I think acts like a punk on the ice. He proved that a few weeks ago.

As for the whole "shhhhh" motion to the Gens bench etc. Mitch is a big boy, he knows whats coming after that, that's likely why he did it......Andreoff gave it right back to them when he scored. And I cheered like crazy. Hypocritical? Absolutely. It would have happened in any another rink in the league. It's our prerogative as paying fans.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:05 pm

It seems that when one of our fans aught Mitchells eye and did the shhhhhh sign to him he went out of his mind. He was going to throw his glove at the fan. Trainer had to stop him.
Great move Dale....real damn classy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2