Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oshawa vs. Ottawa - January 1st, 2010.

+4
archer_gens
hockeybeats
gmc 118
Generalizations
8 posters

Go down

Oshawa vs. Ottawa - January 1st, 2010. Empty Oshawa vs. Ottawa - January 1st, 2010.

Post by Generalizations Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:52 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let's start of 2010 with a big home win Very Happy

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Oshawa vs. Ottawa - January 1st, 2010. Empty Re: Oshawa vs. Ottawa - January 1st, 2010.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:55 am

Happy New Year!! Very Happy

Gens have only 4 games on the road in January.

Back to top Go down

Oshawa vs. Ottawa - January 1st, 2010. Empty Re: Oshawa vs. Ottawa - January 1st, 2010.

Post by Generalizations Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:24 pm

Hey Beats, where did you find the Chemical Bros in the middle of the thrid period? I haven't heard that in ages.

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:39 pm

Well kind of a lack lustre effort by the boys.Ottawa was beating us to the puck most of the game, and showed they wanted it a little more.Still a decent effort considering we were missing 3 of our top guns.

UGENS we didnt hear any "lets go you gennies" today. Hope all is well with you.Or were you just under the weather from a late new years.Not being nosey just curious.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:04 am

Generalizations wrote:Hey Beats, where did you find the Chemical Bros in the middle of the thrid period? I haven't heard that in ages.

There are tons of stuff on the computer that I haven't played in ages and it's easy to fall into the habit of playing the same songs over and over again, especially when certain songs work well so I always try and play at least a few songs I haven't played in a long time. A voice in my head told me to play Hey Boy Hey Girl ... no idea where it came from at all Exclamation

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:20 am

pretty sure i heard UGENS today.... could be just imagining the call in my head now though ... lol
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:28 am

hockeybeats wrote:
Generalizations wrote:Hey Beats, where did you find the Chemical Bros in the middle of the thrid period? I haven't heard that in ages.

There are tons of stuff on the computer that I haven't played in ages and it's easy to fall into the habit of playing the same songs over and over again, especially when certain songs work well so I always try and play at least a few songs I haven't played in a long time. A voice in my head told me to play Hey Boy Hey Girl ... no idea where it came from at all Exclamation

Maybe cuz you're a "superstar DJ......." Here we go!
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:34 am

Gens Fan 112 wrote:
hockeybeats wrote:

Maybe cuz you're a "superstar DJ......." Here we go!

Beats has a theme song now Laughing

..... I got it stuck in my head... can't sleep Sleep

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:33 am

Pretty sad when the best call-up we have is Scott Sandercock. Can't skate, looks lost and picked the wrong guy to fight in Peter Stevens. Surely we have somone who might make the team next year to get some exposure! Some poor decisions much like those made by Ellis at the WJC vs. the Americans overshadowed a decent effort energywise, We need players "with soft hands", not hard heads! We are in trouble until Jenner, Berger and DeHaan return.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:01 pm

jaycro wrote:Pretty sad when the best call-up we have is Scott Sandercock. Can't skate, looks lost and picked the wrong guy to fight in Peter Stevens. Surely we have somone who might make the team next year to get some exposure! Some poor decisions much like those made by Ellis at the WJC vs. the Americans overshadowed a decent effort energywise, We need players "with soft hands", not hard heads! We are in trouble until Jenner, Berger and DeHaan return.

We will be thin for a while with our 7th defencemen playing as forwards. Hope and Wilson did try their best. I also liked how McDowell joined the rush a few times. He's going to grow fast.

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:48 pm

jaycro wrote:Pretty sad when the best call-up we have is Scott Sandercock. Can't skate, looks lost and picked the wrong guy to fight in Peter Stevens. Surely we have somone who might make the team next year to get some exposure! Some poor decisions much like those made by Ellis at the WJC vs. the Americans overshadowed a decent effort energywise, We need players "with soft hands", not hard heads! We are in trouble until Jenner, Berger and DeHaan return.

When four of your 16 year olds are continuously in the lineup in jenner, sullentrop,hope,mcdowell, and lately hughes.Then we have biggs in the U.S. This is an unusual year with this many 16 year olds in the lineup.In a normal year you would have one or two, and if we needed a call up, for instance if sullentrop had been sent down, and he was a call up, you would think thats a pretty good up and comer.Have faith, dipps and deboer had a plan at last years draft and are sticking to it.If one of lessio and biggs or both show up next year, thats a pretty good core going forward.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:56 pm

gmc 118 as archer_gens said I did yell, but only twice yesterday. I thought the crowd was pretty good yesterday making lots of noise.

I commented the my friend yesterday that it looked like our lads watched the World juniors the night before and did the same give aways, but we didn't end up with the same result!!! Oh well still not a bad come back this team is going to get better and make noise for a couple of years .

I like the confidence the lads seem to play with Bailie in net, but they can't keep thinking he will save their bacon all the time, they need to play all their bench strength !!!

I have often wonder why bother having 20 players on the bench if your not going to use them what a waste!!!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:55 pm

In case someone gets injured. If you have 16 on the bench instead of 20 and you have an injury or two, things get really interesting, especially if it's a defenceman that goes down. It's not pleasant but any player that's a temporary call-up would be well aware that they likely won't see much ice unless they do something unexpected in the limited time they do see.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:03 pm

Oh, I agree gmc 118. We had an excellent draft in 2009 and another good one this year should help. I hope Biggs shows up and he may as he is not having a great year with the USNTDP, at least pointwise! Last time I checked I think he had 4 points. He is playing for the Americans at the Under 17 tourney in which Jenner is participating. So is Lessio, I believe. If DeBoer shows up in the Gens ownership with Graves then that could draw the latter two into the fold next year. I like our overagers but if someone made a respectable offer, I would take a '91 '92 or '93 and add to the kiddy brigade. Several teams like Kitchener , St. Mikes and even Windsor will be strong next year. 2011-2012 is our year!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:09 pm

gmc 118 wrote:Well kind of a lack lustre effort by the boys.Ottawa was beating us to the puck most of the game, and showed they wanted it a little more.Still a decent effort considering we were missing 3 of our top guns.

UGENS we didnt hear any "lets go you gennies" today. Hope all is well with you.Or were you just under the weather from a late new years.Not being nosey just curious.
I heard Karon no problem.
A frustrating loss. We were close. See ya Sunday but I may be late, I'm coming straight from work.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down