Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oshawa vs. Belleville - January 3rd, 2010

+10
jaycro
gensfan 2k2
hockeybeats
gogensgo
bigE88
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
gogeneralsgo
archer_gens
Gens Fan 112
Generalizations
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Oshawa vs. Belleville - January 3rd, 2010 Empty Oshawa vs. Belleville - January 3rd, 2010

Post by Generalizations Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:38 pm

The boys should have their legs now after being on the ice a few times, and hopeflly settled back into home and some going back to school on Monday. I hope we don't take Belleville for granted, but we should win if we play our game. Hopefully the ownership announcment will add some extra motivation to win.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Oshawa vs. Belleville - January 3rd, 2010 Empty Re: Oshawa vs. Belleville - January 3rd, 2010

Post by Gens Fan 112 Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:17 pm

I was texting my friend at the game as i chose to stay home and watch team Canada. She told me 2-0 Gens after 2........what the hell happened?
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Oshawa vs. Belleville - January 3rd, 2010 Empty Re: Oshawa vs. Belleville - January 3rd, 2010

Post by archer_gens Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:43 pm

MELT DOWN!!!!
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:43 pm

No Thomas, Dehaan, Berger, and Jenner

no team.....

8-2 Final

Pathetic
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:50 pm

No Thomas either? .....great......
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:21 pm

This was embarassing - I don't care who was missing - in the 3rd period some of our constant underachievers quit on this team.

I sure hope Dips is ready to finally move some of our non performers who just go through the motions.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:26 pm

The bottom line is they are just not that good It is a watered down division in the east with alot of kids who really should be playing Junior B or Juvinile if there was still such a league

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:48 pm

Wow.. take a chill pill guys. It's not the end of the world here. We were missing alot of key players, and our younger guys were not up for the whole 60 minutes.

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:56 pm

OK , PILL TAKEN , HEY NOTHINGS CHANGED
NOW WHAT , SHOULD I OD OR HOPE THE LEAGUE REINSTATES THE WHOEVER IS LEADING AFTER 40 MIN WINS RULE FOR OUR YOUNGER PLAYERS WHO ARE NOT UP FOR THE WHOLE GAME

U KIDDING ME , THESE YOUNGER PLAYERS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY 120 MIN AND STILL HAVE GAS LEFT IN THE TANK
ENOUGH OF THE EXCUSES , THESE YOUNG GUYS JUST ARE NOT TALENTED PERIOD

PS SORRY FOR THE CAPS ,

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:59 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:OK , PILL TAKEN , HEY NOTHINGS CHANGED
NOW WHAT , SHOULD I OD OR HOPE THE LEAGUE REINSTATES THE WHOEVER IS LEADING AFTER 40 MIN WINS RULE FOR OUR YOUNGER PLAYERS WHO ARE NOT UP FOR THE WHOLE GAME

U KIDDING ME , THESE YOUNGER PLAYERS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY 120 MIN AND STILL HAVE GAS LEFT IN THE TANK
ENOUGH OF THE EXCUSES , THESE YOUNG GUYS JUST ARE NOT TALENTED PERIOD

PS SORRY FOR THE CAPS ,

buddy relax. this team was the hottest in the league up until Christmas. So we are missing our best players and have looked exactly like what we are the last three games, a very young team. It will get turned around very soon, and you will be able to sleep again at night
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:04 am

your right , turn around coming soon , right DIPS

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:16 am

4 players don't make us a hot or cold team.... and if they do then we are going to miss the playoffs, Jenner is good but sorry isn't good enough to make or break the team, Berger is done.... that gives us only Dehaan and Thomas and Dehann could be gone at the deadline

a team is 20 players and the younger players are supposed to be the core of a cup run in the future.... yes there can be mental lapses and or mistakes..... but 8 goals in 20 minutes is unforgiveable.... especially to a non playoff team
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:22 am

I am convinced that the Bulls will make the playoffs after that performance ,I wish i could of heard Burnetts speach between periods , They responded to their coach , Maybe our kids were sending a message to the new ownership they are not willing to play for the present coaching staff anymore .

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by gogensgo Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:42 am

I don't think there is any question the Gens will make the playoffs this year considering how incredibly weak this division is. I'm not even sure I can remember if I've ever seen a division this weak before. I'm still not sure making the playoffs is a good thing though. Having playoff experience doesn't necessarily equate to a good positive long term experience. Other than lining Rocco's pockets with some playoff cash, I'm not sure if I'd rather have the higher picks.

gogensgo

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:57 am

So the amount of losses it takes before the sky is falling again is: 4!

I was curious when it would happen. I've heard of jumping on the bandwagon. I'm not sure what the opposite of that expression would be for the phenomenon we see from some fans on this site the way every three or four losses is so catastrophic regardless of who's not in the lineup or how many games they won before that.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:19 am

Beats i've missed one game in the last 3 years at home, and have gone to dozens of away games in that time.... so i'm not jumping the band wagon and don't appreciate it....

that being said I want to see a winning team and if that makes me a bad fan, then thats just what i am

its not a number of loss's here.... its 8 goals in one period thats the issue..... its not the only blow out as of late either

the sky isn't falling in Gens land.... but this team won't compete for a memorial cup this year so why not build toward the future
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan 2k2 Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:24 am

Wow...sorry everyone its my fault Smile I left after the second period with my 2 year old. He usually lasts the two periods and then its bed time. I get home put him to bed and flip on the game to see the score 3-2 Bulls.then 4-2, 5-2, 6-2. Then I think to myself do I have enough time to get back to the game to turn the score around Wink

Seriously it is upsetting to lose like that. We have to be honest here. This team is at best a 6-8 seed in a weak conference. We are rebuilding and if we get a round or somehow two rounds of playoffs, its a bonus for the young guys. We are looking at two years from now with a very good, young team. If we add Lessio next year with a good first round pick to go with a group of Jenner, Thomas, Mcdowell, Hope, Sullentrop, we'll be Ok.

gensfan 2k2

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:36 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:The bottom line is they are just not that good It is a watered down division in the east with alot of kids who really should be playing Junior B or Juvinile if there was still such a league

I'd even take it a step further and say the entire OHL is an over rated watered down league.

And i don't drink the kool aid like the typical OHL die hards do because the fact of the matter is there are far too many teams in the Ontario Hockey League and far too may JR B posers playing all the while ticket prices have escalated.

I'm losing interest...and fast. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:42 pm

There were too many 'veterans' who just plain quit and it was obvious watching it live who they were. The only one who kept going was Hayes .... There were a few who packed their bags as soon as Belleville scored #4.

I am friends with one of the billets who was very disappointed in the player they have as they were out partying oon New Years's Eve and did not get home until late in the morning before our New Years Day Game. Some of the same ones who decided it was a 40 minute game on Sunday night.

Kudos to Dips for making the team give an effort after the game.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:46 pm

gogeneralsgo wrote:

Kudos to Dips for making the team give an effort after the game.

Actually if i was one of the new owners i would have had Mr. Dips running the stairs as well as the JR B posers.

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:49 pm

This loss was very disappointing, not for the loss but in the way it went down. With the depleted line-up, I came expecting a loss as much of this team is composed of "blue collar hockey players" and that is not meant to be disrespectful to those in the workforce as I was one. But at least 6-8 of the players in last night's line-up are no better than 3rd and 4th line players. I've stated that all along since the beginning of this season..check my posts! They are a gritty bunch, but that's it! Little creativity in the offensive zone and little finish... but that does not excuse last night's collapse! Not that anyone would want them, but we need to move 4-6 of this mediocre group before next year and bring in younger, more talented kids on which to build.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:40 pm

gogeneralsgo I hope that billet friend of yours advised the team of that action by their player. This is the kind of stuff that needs to be addressed by the Coach /GM and dealt with accordingly!!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:47 pm

I showed up late and then left early. That was the best second period I have ever seen. Great effort guys, keep up the good work. When I go to the game on Friday I would like to see a better effort because you will find that Peterborough won't be a push over the way Belleville was. Evil or Very Mad
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:26 pm

GENNY wrote:I showed up late and then left early. That was the best second period I have ever seen. Great effort guys, keep up the good work. When I go to the game on Friday I would like to see a better effort because you will find that Peterborough won't be a push over the way Belleville was. Evil or Very Mad

Well placed sarcasm What a Face

Generalizations

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:56 am

That was a very disappointing loss. Personally, I can accept a loss if the team played their hearts out and fall short. There have been games this year where we deserved a better fate than we got. But the 8 goals uncontested...is hard to watch for any fan. The frustration is understandable. Especially with how well we have played against top teams.

We were watching the bench...and after one of the goals against in the third period, our defensive coach...wouldn't even let the two d off....just bawling them out. After the game....the boys were running the stairs.

As well, Valentine, Dzelski(sorry for the spelling), and Dehart were benched.

We will see if the team got the message tomorrow night, when we play Belleville again. The effort was not acceptable by the staff and the players had a consequence for playing a lazy third period of hockey.(nice to see from my point of view)

Tomorrow will be a test for this team. Let's see what we bring. I think you will see a much better team. And 60 minutes of play.

Hopefully we start Ballie too.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next