Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what's left ?

+5
hockeybeats
gensman
archer_gens
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
mygens
9 posters

Go down

what's left ? Empty what's left ?

Post by mygens Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:57 pm

ok before i begin i would like to say that i'm sure all these young lads playing for the gens are nice young men we can all be proud of , however this is a hockey site so i would like to address the hockey isssues . belleville scores 8 unanswered goals in the 3rd period , while playing their 3rd game in 3 nights . Quite right the gens are missing their 4 best players , so what does this tell us about the remaining group , well it tells us a lot .!!!.......after the big 4 , there isnt a lot of real talent left nor real pride in their game ......there are too many guys who are the types that look around for someone else to get the job done .....aka stiffs!
there is no better time than now to make my point again , the gens need all the draft picks they can muster for the upcoming years , and with the trade deadline coming up i'm really hoping management will do their best to unload any of the likes of brown , espostos , andreoff, dehart dzieski, padulo, hayes ,stokes, to anyone that will give us a 2nd round or even high 3rd round pick ......This is a rebuild guys , your're not rebuilding anything with this group of underachievers sorry !
And isnt it time dipiero pulls the plug on this guy we got from london , he constantly gives up rebounds and stuggles big time with focus , zador is a back up goalie in my books capable of giving you some good monents but not the guy you can count on , must be very scary and frustrating for the players in front of him , give bailie the puck and let him run with it .
thank goodness for the big 4 , otherwise this would really be brutal ! again !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

what's left ? Empty Re: what's left ?

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:02 pm

if changes are not made their will be no lights on at the GMC COME APRIL

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:21 pm

i'm thinking a fire sale is the way to go lol

there are several untouchables in my opinion but if we're gonna miss the playoffs might as well make strides towards being stronger next year

the other option is to trade away for a few skilled players that will be on the team this year and next year minimum
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:26 pm

lets not build to make the playoffs this year , lets build a winner for the next few years , i was just thinking that it would have been so great to have kory nagy this year , he surely would have been a great example of a terrific work ethic for our younger players ...someone who never quit!

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:30 am

Didn't make it down to the rink 2nite ... but the 8 goal meltdown in the 3rd must have been brutal. I've heard of blowing 2 goals leads but that is ridiculous! Under the current 'leadership' this team continues to swoon and mire itself in incredible streaky play - unfortunately mostly on the losing end! Not a good sign. As hard as I try I honestly don't seen any coaching skill or consistantcy - other than these dubious negative performances. They rarely win games they shouldn't, or pull any rabbits out any hats, or become the 'difference makers!' With new substantial picks on the way I don't think we got the guy to 'pull the trigger!'

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:51 am

So that's how many losses it took. Laughing

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:13 am

Gensman glad to see your still around.Oh yeah you only come on this site when the Gen's are not doing very well,but we don't hear from you when they are .Must have alot of tape to tape your ankles Laughing
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:27 am

The voice of the 'Lack of Accountability of Leaf Nation' once again wages in comes to the rescue! The defination of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results! Maybe 10 goals in one period is the new standard of ineptness? I think you might be more concerned about 'taping the ankles' of the high draft picks that you HOPE to attract to such a program! Or seperating the job of GM and coach so a fire can be lit under 'somebody's butt?

gensman

Back to top Go down

what's left ? Empty Re build

Post by Gens Camper Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:08 am

We need some bona fide goal scorers

Hopefully the rumours about teams wanting Parnhams rights are true - A body that gives 100 % in return or a draft pick - please

Giving up 8 in the 3rd to the team that is 6 points behind you and you play them the next 2 games - what am I missing

The Bulls came out to play in the 3rd and we just QUIT - like the Owen Sound game

When the team quits - is it the team quiting or are they quiting on the coach - not sure

I wouldn't have cared if we lost - it's the attitude and going trough the motions that KILLS

If you must quit do it on the road not at home

Nice way to impress your new owners

Last edited by Gens Camper on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:37 am

Just relax. We know this is not a very talented team when missing the 4 best players.

This team has been streaky all year and that will continue.

I still think the future is bright. Good young players and more draft picks available.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:25 pm

Ok i missed last night's game...8 straight goals in the 3rd period to the Bulls? Shocked

You guys are jokeing right? jocolor

Hard to think of a more impressive way to introduce yourself to the new bosses! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:36 am

I agree with the comment about Zador. He is not our best goalie in my eyes anymore. Baillie has won some key games for us and his confidence level went up.
We could have won a few more games lately if Baillie started in net instead of Zador.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:05 am

To give up a 'snowman' in the 3rd period to a very tired Belleville squad is one heck of a way to start the new year - although I guess we ended up last year the same way! I'm starting to see a pattern develop ....

gensman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down