Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats up,why GENS so silent on TRADE FRONT!!!

+17
the croc
Gens Camper
5forfighting
bologna
TipcoSr
kenner60981
drifter
sdspencer
generalsfan
JPH
gensfan4life3232
Gensfan_118
mygens
steamed
jaycro
gensrock
archer_gens
21 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Whats up,why GENS so silent on TRADE FRONT!!! Empty Whats up,why GENS so silent on TRADE FRONT!!!

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:13 pm

We have teams like SARNIA & NIAGERA doing some big trades and just like at the beginning of the season the gens are currentlly doing sqwuat...I realize that its 5 days till the trade deadline but they better doing some FAST or there will be diddly sqwuat left over when it comes to make deals.And are we buyers or sellers???

We need DEFENCE & GOALTENDING badlly

SO WAKE UP DIPS AND GET THINGS CRACKIN!!!

Back to top Go down

Whats up,why GENS so silent on TRADE FRONT!!! Empty Re: Whats up,why GENS so silent on TRADE FRONT!!!

Post by archer_gens Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:36 pm

If they are after players who were away at the WJHC, or if the deal includes Jenner, Jensen (Cassels or Uvira not sure how that works) then they would have to wait (until tomorrow i'm guessing).
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Whats up,why GENS so silent on TRADE FRONT!!! Empty Re: Whats up,why GENS so silent on TRADE FRONT!!!

Post by gensrock Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:43 pm

gensfanforever wrote:We have teams like SARNIA & NIAGERA doing some big trades and just like at the beginning of the season the gens are currentlly doing sqwuat...I realize that its 5 days till the trade deadline but they better doing some FAST or there will be diddly sqwuat left over when it comes to make deals.And are we buyers or sellers???

We need DEFENCE & GOALTENDING badlly

SO WAKE UP DIPS AND GET THINGS CRACKIN!!!

cheers cheers cheers

wow....sounds like someones bitter....maybe no wants our players...so suck it up butter cup!
we don't all act like 5 yr olds when we dont see some trades happening when other teams are trading!

we'll are bitter we cant get it going this year!
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Agree with gensfanforever. There are three kinds of GMs in this league; those who make things happen (Rychel, Beaulieu, Williamson, the Hunters etc.), those who have things happen to them and some who say,"what happened?", after the dust settles. We seem to be in the last category!

Last edited by jaycro on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:02 pm

WOW I thought the deadline was Tuesday, there is still time the players that went so far are not what the Gen's need,so why trade Rolling Eyes
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:36 pm

So Mississauga moves two of their older players out today to Belleville and Sudbury. If they are starting a re-build, maybe Anderson, Bureau are available also as suggested earlier. I, personally, don't think we need either but I would take Percy (if healthy?) or/and Demelo. Not sure what you would have to give up as 2nds are being tossed around like 2x4's on a construction site. I'm not sure but I don't think the Gens have a ton of 2nds to move. If Missy wants young players, that could be any of Cassels, Carlisle, McDowell or Suellentrop.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:32 pm

Wow you can cut n paste,did u just learn that in school today,congratulations u must feel proud!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Not sure what you are alluding to? Clarify, please. Sarcasm goes a long way if you know what the author is referencing!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:49 pm

JAYCRO i love the 3 types ofGM's thing !!!! i just about fell off my chair laughing !!!!.......ya well guys if by some miracle the gens could land two solid D men , without losing our top guns up front in the process ,i think we could make a good run at it , short of that sell it off for picks and let the rebuild begin for the upteenth time hopefully with new ownership , management and coaching ! .........the gens are in a freeking mess guys

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gensfan_118 Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:15 pm

Is there a chance that since no big name defensemen have been moved yet, that Dips is waiting to see how we fare against a couple of the league's better teams this weekend? Perhaps he is ready to both buy and sell, depending on how this weekend shapes up. Maybe I'm giving too much credit though.

Gensfan_118

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:10 pm

UMMMMMMMM Hey DIPS & ROCO

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

Players are being traded around like its christmas all over again and we are being left behind!!!!!!!!

SO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

And do your jobs..........if not get out of the SHWA!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Dips & Roco in a hard place as all these trades that are going around us are players we DON'T need, and a goalie that went to sarnia is way over paid for.If Dips & Roco made any of thoughs trades fans would be screeming that they got hosed.Trading deadline is Tuesday lets wait till then and then place judgement..
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:18 pm

The Gens should get a good look at Cody Sol tonight. He'd be a nice addition but it would take an arm and a leg plus your first born to pry him loose. I'd like Brandon Archibald or Oleksiak from the Spirit if they have decided to pull the plug and McFadden from Sudbury to run our powerplay. I would have looked at Sproule in the Soo but he's injured and possibly gone for the season. Realistically you would have to drop down from these 'A level' players to something like a Braithwaite in Kingston, then, what's the point? I sympathize with DePiero's dilemma!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gensfan_118 Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Dipiero is in a tough position indeed, in part due to his decision to not give any icetime to the young defensemen (McDowell, Hope and to a lesser extent Quinn) last season. I think that with the talent we have up front and what is now looking like a solid goaltender in Altshuller, you have to go for it this year and acquire a couple top 4 defensemen. Anybody who is not going to be an impact player this year or next (Cassels, Brown, Appleby) or for whatever reason aren't being given any icetime to develop (Petaccio, Carlisle) should be offered to get it done. Cassels will likely just be traded in a couple years anyways when we're in a rebuild cycle again.
Should be an interesting couple days on Monday and Tuesday... I just hope that we're either buyers or sellers, and not spectators.

Gensfan_118

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:11 am

Gens working a deal with the Attack according to LoosePucks. If anything is worked out it can't be made official tonight.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:28 am

it's suppose to be official at 10 a.m. tomorrow morning according to a poster on the noof.
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:10 am

5 wins in a row , nice, do we get optimistic ? How does this influence the trade situation ? If the gens bring in an overage goalie how do they deal with the overage situation , we would be over the playing limit .

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:32 am

This could potentially set the stajce for more deals...

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:36 am

Could just as easily be a defencemen, read that somewhere maybe the noof

archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Looks like a trade with OS has happened there radio sports have announced that they have made a trade with an east team,names mentioned are Petgrave,Dotchin,Schemitsch all dman and rumoured back Hope,Petaccio and a couple of 2nd Stay tune
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:33 pm

UPDATE: the 2 OS players have wavied there NTC but the hold up is on our side we don't have a pick that is required to complete the transaction.so they will find a way.again stay turn...
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:46 pm

If you want to follow what Attack fans are posting on their board, here's the link:

http://www.jrahockey.com/Attack/Forum.html

Their posts on the potential deal start on page 2 of the "And what moves did O.S. make" thread.

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by sdspencer Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:34 pm

steamed wrote:Looks like a trade with OS has happened there radio sports have announced that they have made a trade with an east team,names mentioned are Petgrave,Dotchin,Schemitsch all dman and rumoured back Hope,Petaccio and a couple of 2nd Stay tune

this from Bayshore Broadcasting noon news today:

'the anticipated Ontario Hockey League trade involving the Attack has not been completed.

The deal between the Attack and an eastern conference team has been delayed and the Attack are waiting to hear back from their trading partner.

The deal was agreed to in principal yesterday but the trading partner did not have the specified draft pick in their possession to give to Owen Sound as part of the package agreed upon.

Dale DeGray refused to comment , other than to say he's dissapointed in the turn of events today.'
sdspencer
sdspencer

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Our owners & GM cant even get a simple trade complete????

Leave it to our front office to screw this up too,good job guys,good job Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:40 pm

gensfanforever wrote:Our owners & GM cant even get a simple trade complete????

Leave it to our front office to screw this up too,good job guys,good job Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

what actual facts do you have to support your point?
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next