Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens Vs Petes Sat Feb 6th 2010

+7
gensrock
bigE88
Hayes#21
archer_gens
David T
ogf
GensGirl4Life
11 posters

Go down

Gens Vs Petes Sat Feb 6th 2010 Empty Gens Vs Petes Sat Feb 6th 2010

Post by GensGirl4Life Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:03 pm

Hey All you gens fans out there !!!

Just wondering if anyone is making the short trip out to Peterborough tonite to watch the boys. Could be an interesting game !!! I'll be there with dad cheering on our boys !!! and also yelling for karen as well !!

GO GENS GO !!! Very Happy
GensGirl4Life
GensGirl4Life

Number of posts : 53
Seat Section : 119
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Gens Vs Petes Sat Feb 6th 2010 Empty Re: Gens Vs Petes Sat Feb 6th 2010

Post by ogf Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:14 pm

My wife and I are going down. We are meeting up with my sister and brother-in-law. Should be a good battle in the stands as well. LOL

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by David T Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:26 pm

Four of us are going to the game to night. Looking forward to the game in enemy territory.

David T

Number of posts : 29
Seat Section : 118 ROW 1
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:25 pm

headingdown in a few for dinner and the game
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:23 pm

i'll be watching the game on tv Let's go Gens i predict a btter 1st period for the gens tonight and i;ll say 5-3 gens GO GENS GO Whoop Whoop.

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:57 am

Can't even beat the depleted Petes roster. If the Gens can't fight for 5th place they might as well sink down the standings for a pick i guess.

6-3

really bad effort

Jenner needs to act his age, tantrums on the bench are unacceptable, especially when the next shift out he takes a dumb penalty which cost us
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by David T Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:17 am

The team who showed up last night will not make it to the playoffs.
I agree archer Jennifers out brusts, that's what the Petes fans call him, are embarrassing and hurt the team. The coach should have made him sit out after the penalty.

David T

Number of posts : 29
Seat Section : 118 ROW 1
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:32 pm

From the TV...it looked like the ice was really bad there last night.
For the fans that went...did it look as slow to you as it did on TV? I swear there were some plays , from both teams, and it looked like it was in slow motion.

That was poor game. We were not prepared to play again, and the other team took advantage. Not sure what motivational speeches were used in the last two games....but whoever gave the speech before the game, both nights....take this afernoon off.

I think they should play the opening video....that they play before the gens come out in the dressing room. "WHAT IT IS TO BE A GENERAL"....Never give up, don't accpet defeat...ect...ect...

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:16 pm

this team needs a goalie... this will be an issue I will bring up at the Season ticket holders meeting Tuesday.. the development of Bailie and Zador has stalled big time this year
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:53 pm

bigE88 wrote:this team needs a goalie... this will be an issue I will bring up at the Season ticket holders meeting Tuesday.. the development of Bailie and Zador has stalled big time this year

Please explain? scratch what are you using as a measure? others goalies at the same level? same age? why not look at the whole team as it relates to defence? Just because both goalies where drafted in the 1st round, please do not use this as a measure....its just unfair. Are the goalies for the top 4-5 teams that much better? or is their whole team better as it relates to team defence? If you can honestly say that both goalies have not made good progress this year than I must not be watching the same team as you are. Lets look at the game in Kitchener as an example.....Baillie starts and get scored on 3 times quick & Zador gets 1 quick one...all in the 1st 8mins of play.... do you think that all those goals should have been stoped? or do you think that the team in front of the goalies where standing around looking at the rangers take it to them? Because once the team started playing togeather and stayed out of the "box" we actually could of won that game.
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:37 pm

This team needs a goalie and about sixteen other guys.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 am

Come on Genny I can name more then 4 keepers for next year.

Quickly off the top of my head (so sorry if i forget someone)

Thomas
Berger
Jenner

Can for sure fill the bottom 6 positions no problems at all.
So we need maybe 3 good forwards.

Dehaan
Dehart
Valentine
Wilson, Hope, Sullentrop, McDowell (for sure 2 of the 3 final spots)

Need at most one defencemen (strongest part of the team don't touch the defence)

Zador or Bailie (backup)

Need a Goalie big time, unless Zador or Bailie blow away at training camp.

I believe the Gens need 3 forwards and a goalie going into next season. Use your first round pick if its top 4 on a forward, use your european pick if high for a forward or goalie.

Pick up two real forwards and make a run?

am i just dreaming?

i think we are close with the right pieces.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:30 am

gensrock wrote:
bigE88 wrote:this team needs a goalie... this will be an issue I will bring up at the Season ticket holders meeting Tuesday.. the development of Bailie and Zador has stalled big time this year

Please explain? scratch what are you using as a measure? others goalies at the same level? same age? why not look at the whole team as it relates to defence? Just because both goalies where drafted in the 1st round, please do not use this as a measure....its just unfair. Are the goalies for the top 4-5 teams that much better? or is their whole team better as it relates to team defence? If you can honestly say that both goalies have not made good progress this year than I must not be watching the same team as you are. Lets look at the game in Kitchener as an example.....Baillie starts and get scored on 3 times quick & Zador gets 1 quick one...all in the 1st 8mins of play.... do you think that all those goals should have been stoped? or do you think that the team in front of the goalies where standing around looking at the rangers take it to them? Because once the team started playing togeather and stayed out of the "box" we actually could of won that game.

is that you Ron Tugnutt ????

What about the game against Sudbury two weeks ago. Both Goalies were pulled twice because neither could stop a beach ball.. don't tell me we don't watch the same games.

big time goalies bail there teams out when the team is playing like crap. Ed Belfour and Curtis Joseph did this for mediocre leaf teams in the early 00's and they made long deep playoff runs. Zador and Baile are 23 rd and 29th in the league for G.A.A. and Save Percentage. If the Generals truly want to make any noise next year or the year after they need a big time goalie who can keep the team in it most nights. Not once in a while. Goalies with a better

In honesty Zador is not young in terms of OHL age.. next year will be his last year in the league and he has not shown "CONSISTENCY" since he arrived, just spurts of good play, followed by sub par performances. Same with Bailie. This is his draft year, and he was not worth the first round pick he was taken with. (Thanks Rob Hannigan)
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:30 pm

I hear ya archer. Thomas and Jenner for sure. Berger is a wait and see. I don't believe Dehaan will be back. What ever happened to Cooper? He only played two games for us and won them both.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:06 pm

Was there a team on the ice in Peterboro? I was was there. I only saw one. (not the gens) They seem to just go though the motions. A couple wanted to play. (Thomas, Taylor) It was a sad state of affairs if you ask me. At least Sunday 2nd and 3 they had some effort. But it is a 60 minute game.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by goalie gal Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:59 am

This is how its been all season long the show up for a period or two and where are the leaders for this team I wish Tony DeHart would show up sometime this year. It also shows howbadly coached we are . No consistency all yeay long

goalie gal

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:31 pm

BiG E88 you and I do not agree on alot , however I got your back on this one , I brought this up in a previous thread asking " when will the number 1 goalie stand up"

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down