Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PETES @ GENS 1/9/11

+10
UGENS
Kevy
generalsfan4life
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
gensrock
ogf
Gens_Fan_22
steamed
archer_gens
GENNY
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PETES @ GENS 1/9/11 Empty PETES @ GENS 1/9/11

Post by GENNY Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:10 am

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Twisted Evil PETERBOROUGH Twisted Evil
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I'll be there straight after work.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

PETES @ GENS 1/9/11 Empty Re: PETES @ GENS 1/9/11

Post by archer_gens Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:57 am

Why no flag the other night genny
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:59 pm

We will be missing Saborin (no great loss) and Berger after they recieved penitalties for offical abuse, and we will see if Valantine plays.I was diadointed in Hope playing D but love him playing forward he found his calling.it would be nice for a win tonight giving us 5 of 6 points on the weekend.
Go Gen's Go
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:21 pm

Where did you read that Sabourin and Berger wouldn't be playing tonight?
Nothing on Gens website or OHL media notes.
Hopefully Valentine was benched last night and by doing so will take less stupid penalties in the future.
The Gens are the most penalized team in the OHL.
Petes are on a 4 game losing streak which started when we beat them in Peterborough on Dec. 30th.
Petes also traded Robertson which means that Smith is the only defenceman on the team from last year and he is gone for the season due to injury.
Lets get another two points Gens.
Lets get another two points Gens.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:36 pm

It's not posted but I am sure there is disapline hearing for abusing an offical.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:15 pm

You guys can knock me all you want, but with Ottawa and Niagara both winning earlier in the day, Dips should have went with his BEST Lineup. He didn't and they lost. When the season ends and they sit and look at the year for the two points they needed here and there, this is another game they can add to the list.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:25 pm

ogf wrote:You guys can knock me all you want, but with Ottawa and Niagara both winning earlier in the day, Dips should have went with his BEST Lineup. He didn't and they lost. When the season ends and they sit and look at the year for the two points they needed here and there, this is another game they can add to the list.

ummm so whats ur point? "BEST LINEUP"
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:27 pm

I totally agree , Dasilvo should have been in net , they play different with Peter over Kevin. and Dehart should have been on the Blue line . . With a few suspect calls also from the officials . Petes played a good road game .

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan4life Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:32 pm

i agree also and i got a queston when the petes scored there 2nd goal 5 on 3 why was laughton out of the penalty box and then put back in the box afte the petes scored, just didn't make any sense to me just wondering why that happened. and also the gens have 3 big games comming up next on the road in kingston then home to ottawa and sudbury,hopefully the gens get 6 pts next weekend but it's gonna be tough tho.
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Number of posts : 125
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:35 pm

GENSROCK, I don't like to name players....thus I put it that way, but for you too understand, I will say the position....GOALIE....in a game that matters in the standings you play your BEST...they didn't. The first shot said it all. Were good saves made after that....for sure, but the Gens Number 1 Goalie would have won that game.

ogf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:I totally agree , Dasilvo should have been in net , they play different with Peter over Kevin. and Dehart should have been on the Blue line . . With a few suspect calls also from the officials . Petes played a good road game .

Dehart wasn't on the blueline as he was serving a suspension for the "2nd fight on the same stoppage"...that happened last night.
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 pm

generalsfan4life wrote:i agree also and i got a queston when the petes scored there 2nd goal 5 on 3 why was laughton out of the penalty box and then put back in the box afte the petes scored, just didn't make any sense to me just wondering why that happened. and also the gens have 3 big games comming up next on the road in kingston then home to ottawa and sudbury,hopefully the gens get 6 pts next weekend but it's gonna be tough tho.

Laughton can't come out of the box 1st cause Thomas had a double minor for highsticking therefore only one of thomas's penitilites is removed.
gensrock
gensrock

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:40 pm

ogf wrote:GENSROCK, I don't like to name players....thus I put it that way, but for you too understand, I will say the position....GOALIE....in a game that matters in the standings you play your BEST...they didn't. The first shot said it all. Were good saves made after that....for sure, but the Gens Number 1 Goalie would have won that game.

So basicially your saying that if baillie would have stopped that 1st shot you would have a different opinion?
gensrock
gensrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:42 pm

gensrock wrote:
generalsfan4life wrote:i agree also and i got a queston when the petes scored there 2nd goal 5 on 3 why was laughton out of the penalty box and then put back in the box afte the petes scored, just didn't make any sense to me just wondering why that happened. and also the gens have 3 big games comming up next on the road in kingston then home to ottawa and sudbury,hopefully the gens get 6 pts next weekend but it's gonna be tough tho.

Laughton can't come out of the box 1st cause Thomas had a double minor for highsticking therefore only one of thomas's penitilites is removed.

I have no idea why people were so up in arms about this. It was the right call.
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:46 pm

First off have you considered that Di Salvo may need a rest he has played since he got here and Bailie needs the ice time to, if this team plans to go a few rounds in playoff. Dehart was on a one game suspension, from him being the secondary fight after Maggio in Barrie last night.

One more thing they used to play for Bails and not Zador in the last few games before Zador was traded, so what's does that tell you about the team . They need to be able to play in front of either goalie to have a consistant winning team .

There must be a lot of sore ankles out there in Gens land, from jumping on and off the win train know as the Generals . I don't see as many post about what a good game they had, compared to the games they lose why is that?????

Also who couldn't have a good game when awarded 3 , 2man power plays . Come on people lighten up on the lads . This is far better hockey than the past couple of years give them support !!

UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:59 pm

If you want Di Salvo in net today, Bailie starts yesterday. This week, maybe it cost them two points. Big picture, maybe Di Salvo really wanted the start in Barrie since it's his former team. That's somebody you want to keep happy.

The Gens have 3 in 3 next week and the week after. Di Salvo needs to be well-rested down the stretch, a lot of hockey coming up.

Bailie actually played a pretty good game, sure he gave up a stinker early but he hasn't played in a long time. Considering the gap between games, he found his form pretty quickly after the one bad goal.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:07 am

Part of the reason for three two man advantages on the power plays is the knucklehead penalties our players take including retalitatory penalties. I don't know what #4 (not to mention names) was thinking when he gloved the puck beside our net and #5 (again, not to mention names) hitting the Pete player from behind in the offensive end. We seem to lack discipline and I think a lot of this comes from the coaching (not to mention names!). We are also resorting back to our difficulties of clearing our end, something I thought we had improved upon earlier this season. All in all, a sloppy, sloppy game from the troops tonight!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:14 am

First, I have never and never will be a bandwagon fan. Second, don't give me this crap of Bailie starts yesterday or today....that is bullcrap. Third, Ottawa and Niagara won earlier today, that means the Gens needed to win just to stay behind but close!!!! Yes, you play everyone AS YOU CAN, but you play your Strongest Available Lineup in a Need To Win situation.

I am sure you will want both goalies playing if the Gens go 4 rounds of 7 games.....shake your head. Backups play as required, not when there is a need to win situation.

ogf

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:27 am

Bailie played well, backups need to play. Are u saying that the next two weekends we should play DiSalvo all 6 games? The game was lost by penalties, we need to work on that, cant be first in the league in that stat and go very far.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:34 am

So, ogf how many games in a row would you play Di Salvo? Every game's going to be a game where they need the points from here to the end. Are you saying that you would play him for the next 25 games in a row???

You're seeing the season as a sprint - it isn't, it's a marathon. Sometimes you need to pull back a bit to succeed in the big picture.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:16 am

Beats, ask Brodeur, Roy, etc.

Yes, I bet if you ask Di Salvo, he would be more than happy to play them too.

AGAIN you don't understand. Forget this crap about sprint or marathon. I said you needed your best lineup today as Ottawa and Niagara already won. If you don't win, you fall further behind. YOU LOOK at the big picture.

Enough said on my behalf. BEATS is the only person in the world that is right on this site. Good luck with Bailie next year.

I will continue to watch and support the Gens, as I AM a true Gens Supporter, see you at the rink.......but not here.

Good Luck All

Cheers!!
Dan

ogf

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:30 am

Firstly, I think the majority on this forum have disagreed with me more often than not. Secondly, the most games Brodeur ever played in junior was 52 out of 70, his backup played 18 games. He was able to play more often in the NHL because the NHL doesn't have the three-in-three weekends that junior hockey has. Otherwise, we'd see his backups more often. Also, while Di Salvo is very good, he isn't a Patrick Roy or a Martin Brodeur. Of course if you ask him, he would say he wants to play. All OHLers want to play. It doesn't mean it's the best move for the team. You need him to be rested so he can perform when it counts.

A division title would be nice but it isn't worth it if your #1 goalie is going to crash and burn in the playoffs.

Why the need to abandon the board because some people disagree with you about who should start game #39 of 68? Could there possibly be a more minor disagreement than that?!?!

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:03 am

if your gonna be so childish and think that your opinion is the only one that matter good riddance.

However look back only a few seasons to when Neivrirth (sorry for sp) went down in the playoffs. If Baile is the backup he needs to be ready to play.

Also why do we have to catch Ottawa and Niagara, I'd love to but i'm just happy to have playoff hockey coming back to the GMC and seeing the ship start to turn around.

Theres a few people on the board that I dont usually agree with. that said it is what it is. a disagreement nothing personal, I belived in this case your opinion is wrong. and explained why.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:01 am

This loss should not be hung on a goalie who played great - the team in front of him stunk and took too many dumb penalties - re Laughton's penalty and Valentine covering the puck.

I was at the game last week vs Guelph and DiSalvo was awful and the team stunk

Maybe the team is about to go on a tailspin - if they play the way they did vs Guelph and Petes next weekend in Kingston and Ottawa it could be ugly.

We take TOO many dumb penalties and have NO powerplay = ?????

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:34 pm

To answer ARCHER's question:
I wore a different coat to the New Years game because it was so mild and left the flag in the pocket and forgot where I put it.

Baille played great. He almost snagged that onetimer in the second.
Penalties are our downfall. The referees know we take a lot of penalties and that gives them a reason to look for them against us. We were a goalpost away from a tie. A great crowd showed up and I thought the game was very entertaining. Very Happy
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next