Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens @ Petes, 30 Dec 10

+4
ohagan
generalsfan
archer_gens
Gens Fan 112
8 posters

Go down

Gens @ Petes, 30 Dec 10 Empty Gens @ Petes, 30 Dec 10

Post by Gens Fan 112 Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:53 pm

I'll start this thread with what some may find to be an amusing story. Yesterday my son had a hockey tournament in Ennismore. As a fundraiser, Ennismore Minor Hockey had an event that we are all familiar with called the puck toss. You buy a puck, throw it toward center ice and the closest to the dot wins the prize........usually its a 50/50 thing. I entered and I won. Right at centre ice! Awesome! At $2 a puck that's $100 for me, right? Wrong! The prize? An autographed Petes jersey and 2 tickets to an upcoming Petes game. My son finished second in the contest.

The word irony gets misused so often that I'm not so sure how to use it but being life-long Gennies fans, I gotta think this is close! Go get 'em tonight, boys!
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Gens @ Petes, 30 Dec 10 Empty Re: Gens @ Petes, 30 Dec 10

Post by archer_gens Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:04 pm

The Gens Puck Toss's are not 50/50 there is normall 3-5 pre-determined prizes. Sell the Petes Jersey at a Petes game in the parking lot lol. Or my favoirte, burn it! lol

I'll be in Peterbrough tonight. The game will sell out so get your tickets before heading down.

Petes are now tied for a playoff spot after being out of the picture the entire season,
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Gens Fan 112, any amount of money would have been better than a prize like that! Very Happy

Since the Petes are another lower ranked team, I hope some lessons have been learned from the 7-5 loss in Barrie and the 6-1 loss in Belleville...would like to see a much different level of commitment and execution in tonight's game compared to what was shown in the other two.

This is one of our games in hand on the 67's...so it would be great to be 6 points back of them after tonight, and at the same time, be 8 points up on Kingston. The games in hand situation with Ottawa is interesting, it goes down to 1 after tonight's game...but then will get as high as 3 this month. I think it evens out again with the Gens Feb. 2nd game in Belleville, so it will be interesting to see the point difference then.

Here's the link to tickets for tonight's game...it's close to a sell out now, so by game time it certainly will be. Go Gens! Very Happy

https://tickets.memorialcentre.ca/Online/

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:35 pm

Gens Fan 112 wrote:I'll start this thread with what some may find to be an amusing story. Yesterday my son had a hockey tournament in Ennismore. As a fundraiser, Ennismore Minor Hockey had an event that we are all familiar with called the puck toss. You buy a puck, throw it toward center ice and the closest to the dot wins the prize........usually its a 50/50 thing. I entered and I won. Right at centre ice! Awesome! At $2 a puck that's $100 for me, right? Wrong! The prize? An autographed Petes jersey and 2 tickets to an upcoming Petes game. My son finished second in the contest.

The word irony gets misused so often that I'm not so sure how to use it but being life-long Gennies fans, I gotta think this is close! Go get 'em tonight, boys!

You should have asked for a do over on your puck toss and then throw it the other way. But Archer touched on a good point that you could sell the tickets and jersey and thus you will have some cash in the end. Lol if that was the prize I would have been happier losing.

Anyhow, I hope the Gens come out strong tonight against the Petes. Let's get another win boys, GO GENNIES!!!

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Any minor hockey tournaments that we've been to have given a 50/50 cash prize. I didn't even know until after I had won. My son learned of the prize just before he threw his puck and being the wise-a$$ that he is was overheard asking "can I just keep the puck?"

There will be a draw and the proceeds will go to Manvers Minor Hockey - Go Mustangs!
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:45 pm

Well a much needed two points.The guys played well after the many trips to the penalty box.Thought it was gonna be another one of those road losses in peterborough.Thomas sure is having a rough time hitting the net.Any word on why dipps was suspended for tonights game.Hopefully the boys come prepared saturday afternoon, for a tough game against the rangers!!!
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter_Puck Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:56 pm

Nice to see Andreoff explode tonight with 3 goals and 2 assists. He has really matured this season.
Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:48 am

Had a great time in Peterborough! Lots of Gens fans there which was nice to see. The Gens winning in Peterborough just seems like the perfect end to 2010 doesn't it? Very Happy

Similar to the Niagara game, I wasn't sure we were going to get the outcome we did based on how things were going early on. We've seen it before though where the guys don't quit and they work harder as the game goes on, so it was great to see that will to win. Thought the Gens controlled the 3rd period really well, so it was nice to see improvement in how the team played with a 3rd period lead. You look at the final 34 minutes of the game and the Gens outscored the Petes 5-1.

Just a guess on my part gmc 118, but I didn't realize on Wednesday night that Zupancic had come off the bench for his fight, so I'm guessing that DePiero got something too because of that.

Andreoff was fantastic with 5 points on the night. As great as it was for Andy and the Gens, it was even better because it quieted some Petes fan who sits near the top in a section around the visitors bench. Andreoff's first goal was perfect timing because the guy on Andreoff's case had just made some comment. Andreoff scores his 1st of the night shortly after that...the Petes fan didn't say a word. Laughing To top it all off, Andy ends up with a hat trick and 5 points on the night! Very Happy Awesome!

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:08 pm

Gen's website says that Dips and Petaccio both got 2 game suspension from the Icedogs game.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:30 pm

generalsfan wrote:Had a great time in Peterborough! Lots of Gens fans there which was nice to see. The Gens winning in Peterborough just seems like the perfect end to 2010 doesn't it? Very Happy

Similar to the Niagara game, I wasn't sure we were going to get the outcome we did based on how things were going early on. We've seen it before though where the guys don't quit and they work harder as the game goes on, so it was great to see that will to win. Thought the Gens controlled the 3rd period really well, so it was nice to see improvement in how the team played with a 3rd period lead. You look at the final 34 minutes of the game and the Gens outscored the Petes 5-1.

Just a guess on my part gmc 118, but I didn't realize on Wednesday night that Zupancic had come off the bench for his fight, so I'm guessing that DePiero got something too because of that.

Andreoff was fantastic with 5 points on the night. As great as it was for Andy and the Gens, it was even better because it quieted some Petes fan who sits near the top in a section around the visitors bench. Andreoff's first goal was perfect timing because the guy on Andreoff's case had just made some comment. Andreoff scores his 1st of the night shortly after that...the Petes fan didn't say a word. Laughing To top it all off, Andy ends up with a hat trick and 5 points on the night! Very Happy Awesome!

You should have invited him to tomorrow's game at the GMC and told him to heckle him again.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:30 pm

It was Zupancic who got two games along with Dips.
Roger had it wrong on the Gens website.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down