Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From Tyler Taylor

+10
Gensfansec114
GENNY
mygens
archer_gens
Phoenix
Chamoo
steamed
Gens Camper
Gens Fan 112
UGENS
14 posters

Go down

From Tyler Taylor Empty From Tyler Taylor

Post by UGENS Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:36 pm

Hi all Oshawa fans this is a message I just got from Tyler. He asked if I would post this for him on the fan forum I said sure. Here goes I would like to thank all the Oshawa fans for everything, best fans in junior hockey and they made oshawa like home for me!!! Tyler Taylor

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

From Tyler Taylor Empty Re: From Tyler Taylor

Post by Gens Fan 112 Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:37 am

I've met many of the Gens over the last few years. He was easily the classiest of the bunch.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:43 am

Tyler had more heart than most and I was glad to see him finish here with the GENS - thanks for your hard work Tyler and good luck.

Once a GENERAL always a GENERAL and you could see the difference - just didn't look the same in a BULLS uniform BUT putting the GENS jersey back on - he was excited

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:01 am

Gens Camper wrote:Tyler had more heart than most and I was glad to see him finish here with the GENS - thanks for your hard work Tyler and good luck.

Once a GENERAL always a GENERAL and you could see the difference - just didn't look the same in a BULLS uniform BUT putting the GENS jersey back on - he was excited

Thank GOD we seen the last of Taylor or have we knowing the Gen's they will make him an assistant coach next season Laughing The Bulls were smart in realesing him as they found out the he is just a waste of space out there, and were also stupid in trading for him last summer but then Oshawa was stupid enough to take him back as our 3rd OA spot that could of been filled with a player that was scatched player,but I give the Gen's credit at least they got a draft pick when they traded him last year in the off season. I thought they were only going to get a puck & a broken stick Laughing

I for one wished he was never a GENERAL
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:21 am

Steamed; This thread was started by UGENS on behalf of Tyler who just wanted to say thanks. With all due respect, and trust me there is very little of it, I think you could have kept this opinion to yourself or put it in another thread.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:21 pm

Gens Fan 112 wrote:Steamed; This thread was started by UGENS on behalf of Tyler who just wanted to say thanks. With all due respect, and trust me there is very little of it, I think you could have kept this opinion to yourself or put it in another thread.

Thanks for your opinion, but thats mine. and this site is for opinions,I thought I post it here as I thought it didn't need a new topic post.Sorry for offending you Sad
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Chamoo Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:07 pm

steamed wrote:
Gens Fan 112 wrote:Steamed; This thread was started by UGENS on behalf of Tyler who just wanted to say thanks. With all due respect, and trust me there is very little of it, I think you could have kept this opinion to yourself or put it in another thread.

Thanks for your opinion, but thats mine. and this site is for opinions,I thought I post it here as I thought it didn't need a new topic post.Sorry for offending you Sad

It is easy to say this stuff behind a computer screen, but if Tyler ever thanks you for being a fan in person, I hope you bring you say exactly what you said on here to his face. Tyler would probably smile and walk away since he is a class act.

However, I doubt you'd have the attachments to say it to his face, easier to hide behind a computer screen and insult a 20 year old kid who goes out and play his heart out every night for the fans and his teammates.

Real classy thing to do on your part.

Chamoo

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:24 pm

One of the highlights of this season for me was winning Tyler Taylor's Gens jersey AND having him sign it when he was at the GMC for a game between Belleville and Oshawa. My husband and I went downstairs, met his parents and Tyler graciously signed my jersey. This was just a little while before he came back to the Gens.

Tyler has always been one of my favourites. I loved watching him play. He was always a spark to the team. I'm glad he could finish his junior career in Oshawa.

I heard that you are planning a career in law enforcement, Tyler. If you put even a fraction of the effort I have always seen in your hockey playing into your future endeavours, I have no doubt you will be a huge success!! I will miss you and the Gens will not be quite the same without you. Best of luck for the future!!!

Phoenix

Number of posts : 176
Seat Section : 120
Registration date : 2007-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:25 pm

I can bet that there are more fans than liked Tylers heart and compassion for being in a GENERALS uniform than didn't

It's far easier to sit in the stands and be critical than play the game that most of us could only dream of.

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:05 pm

either way steamed we were short bodies at the deadline, and he was a free body, it was better then trading assets, whether he should have played over another player once we got healthier is another story
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:19 pm

Chamoo wrote:
steamed wrote:

It is easy to say this stuff behind a computer screen, but if Tyler ever thanks you for being a fan in person, I hope you bring you say exactly what you said on here to his face. Tyler would probably smile and walk away since he is a class act.

However, I doubt you'd have the attachments to say it to his face, easier to hide behind a computer screen and insult a 20 year old kid who goes out and play his heart out every night for the fans and his teammates.

Real classy thing to do on your part.

I guess I will say it to his face and not behind the computer screen when he becomes an assistant coach for the Gen's Wink it was nothing personal and very Sad sorry to fans of Taylor,he may be the nices person around and I bet you he is, I didn't want to start another post about his future, but thinking now may be I should have.
cheers

I agreed with you archer_gens it was bodies at the time of the deadline and said that in one of my earier post and agree with it but looking back now which is easy to do it was the wrong decission.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:10 pm

i liked taylor , he gave an honest effort and played to the best of his abilities and he never embarased the gens organization off the ice to my knowledge , good kid , good luck to him !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:41 pm

My wife and I were huge fans of Tyler. We were excited to have him back. We had the pleasure of meeting his parents at the monk. We especially loved he and Clark get into it at the last game. Allways entertaining. The future is all yours Tyler. Take the biggest bite out of life you possibly can. cheers
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gensfansec114 Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:11 pm

Steamed you are totally class less!

Gensfansec114

Number of posts : 14
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Like I said Saturday Tyler. we are sure as hell going to miss you. please have a care and may god bless. good luck buddy.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:19 pm

Gonna miss all of the players moving on. They will be hard to replace. Either from a skill or leadership standpoint. We just don't have 3 quality OA's next year, and if we lose a guy like Calvin where does the leadership come from.

(Nothing Against are OA's for next year, just compared to other teams OA's)
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:26 am

Gensfansec114 wrote:Steamed you are totally class less!

Enough all ready I have said sorry if you read my earlier post,it was nothing against Taylor I'm sure he is a very nice guy as well as every individual on the team,it was my opinion (which this sites about) on the hockey player.I should have started a new post,I'll say it again (in Caps) SORRY.Lets move on
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:33 pm

Tyler is a nice guy to talk with. I wish him good luck.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:21 pm

That was really nice of him to thank the Oshawa fans.

This young man has always greeted and treated the fans in Oshawa with the utmost respect. I have passed him on several occasions and always got the complimentary knod of acknowledgment.

Good Luck Tyler....we will miss you . You will never be forgotten, as one of our other posters noted....Once a Gennie, always a Gennie.

Thanks for posting his comment. It was a nice gesture.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Nice move by a guy who gave 100% every shift. He made the most of his abilities.

Good luck to you Tyler in all your future endeavours.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down