Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who still follows OHL games after the Generals are done?

+2
UGENS
Generalizations
6 posters

Go down

Who still follows OHL games after the Generals are done? Empty Who still follows OHL games after the Generals are done?

Post by Generalizations Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:31 pm

I'm curious how many Oshawa Generals fans enjoy OHL enough that they would still go to games or watch them on television after the Generals are done. I enjoy going to conference finals and league championship even if Oshawa is not there. I made the trip to Windsor last spring and was there in game 5. It's good hockey and good entertainment.

I regret that I haven't seen any Memorial Cup games yet. I was still a kid the last time Oshawa won in Hamilton, and I was away at school when we played in Hull. Anyone going to Brandon, Manitoba this year?

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Who still follows OHL games after the Generals are done? Empty Re: Who still follows OHL games after the Generals are done?

Post by UGENS Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:09 pm

I'm going to the Memorial Cup with a couple more friends . This year I will continue to watch the jr hockey via OHL pack. Last year a few of us went to several playoff games before we went to Memorial Cup in Rimouski.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Who still follows OHL games after the Generals are done? Empty Re: Who still follows OHL games after the Generals are done?

Post by Gens Fan 112 Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:29 pm

My son and I are going over the playoff sched and will soon make a decision on where to go to check out a game or two. I don't really have much of a rooting interest outside of the Gens but I still enjoy the excitement of playoff hockey.

We were in Mississauga last year to watch the Battalion close-out the Majors. I was kind of dissappointed that even drawing from 2 local fan-bases they could only sell out about 2/3.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Going to the Memorial Cup is an amazing experience, if you haven't gone, make plans to go sometime if you can. I saw Kitchener win the Memorial Cup in Quebec City in 2003. Not only was the hockey amazing but just the atmosphere of seeing everybody walking around before the game with jerseys of all different CHL teams across the country, it was just amazing. It was also great being in a crowd of 15,000+ to watch junior hockey because it was in an NHL-size arena. I lucked out that I was a student at Laval University that school year so I was already there. I'm glad I did it then because I can't take a week off in May.

If you can't go to the Memorial Cup, I'd also highly recommend visits to Quebec City or Gatineau at any time to watch the Remparts or the Olympiques. The atmosphere in both arenas far exceeds anything I've seen in the OHL anywhere, especially in the playoffs but even during the regular season.

I will watch what I can with the action pack but my sports budget is limited right now after buying partial season tickets for Toronto FC. Maybe I'll get to the odd game or two, we'll see how it goes. I will be cheering for the Majors as my alternate team, I still do have a soft spot for St. Mike's although it didn't take me as long as I thought to fully convert to a Gens fan first. One thing I've seen travelling around is that it's fairly easy to convert teams in junior compared to the NHL because once four years pass, your old team no longer has the same players on it. That being said, the Majors only came in during the late 90's so I didn't have 20 or 30 years to build up that attachment like some here do with the Gens.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:54 pm

I try to still follow the playoffs as much as I can on the OHL site I Think maybe go watch Missisauga and Barrie in Missisauga if it comes down to that, but I do watch all the Mem.Cup on TV.I would like to be at the Mem. Cup again but it cost,But if the Gen's ever make it there again I do always set a side vacation days from work and will find $$ to go.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:51 pm

I've followed long enough to know the petes are gone. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll watch right to the end of the Cup. cheers
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down