Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeHaan Moving On??

+5
archer_gens
Triggerman
gensfan 2k2
steamed
jaycro
9 posters

Go down

DeHaan Moving On?? Empty DeHaan Moving On??

Post by jaycro Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:06 pm

There's an interesting thread on the "Rangers Rush Forum", the Ranger Message Board, that DeHaan will be traded to the Rangers shortly for Tyler Randell and the Rangers' 1st round import pick or a flip with the Gens for our import pick It has been suggested that's not enough for DeHaan and another pick or player may have to be added to "sweeten the deal". A poster has added fuel to the fire stating "a friend of a Generals' scout" has told them it's "definitely going down". Sounds like the same poster we heard from this past winter offering little talent for Brett Parnham. If true, not nearly enough for DeHaan. Heard anything like that?

Last edited by jaycro on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

DeHaan Moving On?? Empty Re: DeHaan Moving On??

Post by steamed Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:25 pm

Well I didn't hear that one,If the Gen's draft Ebert or Mcivor I could see it happining,and we do have conections with the Rangers. stay tune time will tell .
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan 2k2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:40 pm

Why would we want Kitcheners import pick? It is lower than our own. Ours will be in the first 10 picks now and we have Berger. You have to get more for Dehaan than Randall and that.

We need forwards as we have a solid 6 on D and the talk on the Noof about the forward matia (not sure last name spelling) is the pick we need. He is 6ft 170 pounds and can score. Belleville is taking the kid from Whitby.

Now if we have secured Biggs and Lessio for this year maybe Ebert is the play....

gensfan 2k2

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan 2k2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:53 pm

Sorry just read up on Rangers rush and the import pick is originally Belleville's which is higher than ours. I don't know much about Randall but reading up on Matia Marcontuoni as aplayer I hope we don't let a very high end offensive player go.

Ebert as a d is also highly talked of but also could go very high in 2012 nhl draft meaning we would pull another Nathan Horton having him only 2 years when you might have Matia for 4 because of his size. Something to consider when making the pick.

gensfan 2k2

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Triggerman Sun May 02, 2010 1:22 pm

Take a look at www.islanderspointblank.com Calvin may be moving on sooner than later

Triggerman

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun May 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Look to Alex Pitrangelo as an example of players with 3 year deals playing in the OHL. Also don't u need to sign ur draft picks before the next draft or risk them re entering the draft?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon May 03, 2010 6:24 pm

I believe you have two years to be signed before re-entering the draft if I'm not mistaken.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon May 03, 2010 10:17 pm

possible, i really am not sure how the nhl draft works
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

DeHaan Moving On?? Empty New York Islanders sign de Haan

Post by David T Tue May 04, 2010 9:50 pm

The New York Islanders announced today that they have agreed to terms with Oshawa Generals defenceman Calvin de Haan on a three year entry level contract. de Haan was selected by the Islanders with the 12th overall pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft last June.

This past season, de Haan finished his second year with the Generals. He played in 34 games, scoring five goals and 19 assists for 24 points before suffering a shoulder injury that side-lined him for the remainder of the season. He also represented Canada at the 2010 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships in Saskatchewan, where he earned a silver medal.

The year prior, his rookie season in the OHL, de Haan tallied eight goals and 55 assists for 63 points in 68 games and finished as a finalist for the Emms Family Award as the OHL’s Rookie of the Year.

The Carp, Ontario native was originally a third round pick, 50th overall by the Generals in the 2007 OHL Priority Selection.

David T

Number of posts : 29
Seat Section : 118 ROW 1
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed May 05, 2010 3:57 pm

Congrats to Calvin - he will still be a GEN next yr

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Fri May 07, 2010 8:04 am

Calvin is a good young man with a bright future whether it's here or there.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down