Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calvin Dehaan

+6
Gens-southern-fanclub
mygens
UGENS
gensrock
jaycro
archer_gens
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Calvin Dehaan Empty Calvin Dehaan

Post by archer_gens Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:39 pm

Valentine and Andreoff won't be the only ones in the AHL this year if they stick. Calvin de Haan has been assigned to the Sound Tigers one of the worst teams in the AHL last year.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Calvin Dehaan Empty Re: Calvin Dehaan

Post by jaycro Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Maybe we'll see him back in the 'Schwa! He obviously wasn't ready for the Rangers.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:00 pm

oh my I guess it must hve been really bad cause DeHaan didn't make the rangers! he still need more OHL expirence......oh wait kinda hard to make the rangers when your playing for the Islanders... Laughing Laughing Laughing

gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:39 am

I doubt we see him back, however i'm sort of hoping the Tigers are out of the playoffs by january, could put pressure on them to send him down for a longer season. Calvins to good for the OHL i don't think he has much left to acomplish here other then winning.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:58 am

My bad! Brain cramp. I wasn't serious about his return... if we can't get Valentine returned, we'll never see DeHaan.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:02 am

deHaan was not drafted by the Rangers, it's the Islanders where JT is !!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Yeah, I know, I corrected mself above. Sometimes my fingers work faster than my brain.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:58 pm

we lose dehaan , valentine, and andreoff off last years team , really tough , wasn't expecting the latter two , not going to be the year we thought it would be guys , and next year we probably will lose jensen , and maybe jenner , this overage thing has really not worked out for us !!!! tough break !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens-southern-fanclub Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:24 pm

mygens wrote:we lose dehaan , valentine, and andreoff off last years team , really tough , wasn't expecting the latter two , not going to be the year we thought it would be guys , and next year we probably will lose jensen , and maybe jenner , this overage thing has really not worked out for us !!!! tough break !

4 games in and mygens is throwing the towel in. including next year. WOW

You forgot Dehart and Berger we lost those two guys too they don't count

Come on you think they are crying the blues in Windsor because they lost some players or in Missy and Owen Sound. NO

This is an extremely young and talented team. They are maturing right in front of your eyes. have some faith.

Gens-southern-fanclub

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Wait till after 15-20 games to rly worry about this year. Alot of players were away for preseason and haven't had a chance to work together as a team yet. With that said it would be nice if we had some coaching to help them.

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:14 pm

our defence is the weakest on the team this year that;'s gonna b the gens downfall i think unles something hapeens in a trade or sumthing.
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:20 pm

I imagine that the ghost of Peter tsimikalis is still appearing in Depiero's head when he thinks of Calvin DeHaan. Of course the NHL team could ease his mind but I am not holding my breath.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:12 pm

ya i realize i'm whining , but you mentioned teams like windsor and owen sound , they held on to their stars long enough to win championships , we haven't even come close and our team that dipiero did a good job building is being stripped , by the pros moving guys up faster than expected , it hurts thats all , we haven't had many breaks the last 12 yrs

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:35 pm

mygens wrote:ya i realize i'm whining , but you mentioned teams like windsor and owen sound , they held on to their stars long enough to win championships , we haven't even come close and our team that dipiero did a good job building is being stripped , by the pros moving guys up faster than expected , it hurts thats all , we haven't had many breaks the last 12 yrs

Well "mygens" maybe instead of looking at it as a negitive thing and the fact you don't like the coaching style. Just maybe the coaching is actually fine & our players are developing faster/better than you may or may not relize and therefore leaving "the nest" sooner. This maybe also be based on "on ice maturity" of even "off ice maturity"
gensrock
gensrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens-southern-fanclub Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Ditto that gensrock.
We could have this same discussion next year if 1 to 4 players get held at the nhl level. Good for those boys that stick. It is Dips job to make sure the cupboard is not bare and I think he has done a good job there. Defensive is a tough job to play in the O or the Nhl these boys we have here are developing just fine, time will tell if we need to bolster that group

Gens-southern-fanclub

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:22 pm

If the guys are moving to the pros faster than expected what does that say about the coaching they have been getting here?

Just asking. Rolling Eyes

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:53 pm

Our coach is terrible. The players have skill that's why their moving on. With the players we have and had if we had good coaching we would have been the the best or second best team in the league from last year. if u watch London play all their passes r on the tape, they all know where each other player on the ice is at all times. Look at us. Passes in the skates, a PP that goes 1-11. No discipline. we need a leader on he bench

LX

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:50 pm

LX wrote:Our coach is terrible. The players have skill that's why their moving on. With the players we have and had if we had good coaching we would have been the the best or second best team in the league from last year. if u watch London play all their passes r on the tape, they all know where each other player on the ice is at all times. Look at us. Passes in the skates, a PP that goes 1-11. No discipline. we need a leader on he bench

What makes him so terrible?.....if the boys get stupid penitilies whose to blame? if they fight whose to blame? if someone misses an assaingement whose to blame? if we always blame the coach or coaching staff when do the players take responsibility for their on ice actions?
if the coaching is so bad/terrible for the generals how do you explain the development of Dehann, Thomas, Valentine, brown, clark, hope, & expecially andreoff?

gensrock
gensrock

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:16 pm

He is to blame. If their taking stiupid penalty after stupid penalty bench them, don't dress them. Make them learn if they don't play smart they don't play. we aren't going to win games by being in the box all game. It would also be nice if he worked on a PP plan that was more than just pass to Thomas. Other teams are very aware of his shot at this point

LX

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:03 pm

LX wrote:He is to blame. If their taking stiupid penalty after stupid penalty bench them, don't dress them. Make them learn if they don't play smart they don't play. we aren't going to win games by being in the box all game. It would also be nice if he worked on a PP plan that was more than just pass to Thomas. Other teams are very aware of his shot at this point

The facts after 4 games played
2W 2L
goals for 15
goals against 10
pp rank 17th
pk rank 5th
pm 92mins which is in the middle of the league

funny that owen sound has the most PM followed by ottawa so by this I really dont see this as an Issue right now but you may see it differently

end of last year we where
9th on the pp
11th on the pk

finished 1st with 1440 pm mins
123 more mins than missy & 209 more than Owen Sound....who by the way played in the Finals last year.
gensrock
gensrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens-southern-fanclub Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:13 pm

LX must stand for London X Fan

If you think London does everything perfect then go watch and root for them. Personally, I would match our boys up with anyone night in night out.

Accusing the coaches is a cop out. The stupid mistakes will be taken care of by the league as witnessed by Sabbie and Petaccio

Gens-southern-fanclub

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:53 pm

U like those stats?? Middle of the road... 10th place teams don't win championships very ofter

LX

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:02 pm

I make one comment on another team an now I'm their fan? If u rly believe everything is perfect with the coach then live in your dream world. And enjoy the 17th ranked PP. Most PM in the league last year. And no championship. The only reason we have a contender now is cause he has made good moves as a GM. Bit all the talent in the world can't win on their own.

LX

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens-southern-fanclub Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:19 pm

You have been bashing this team and the coaches for two days now and you think London has it all so go root for them. That is all I am saying. If you think it is easy for any team to just one day make it to the Mem cup your wrong. In all sports it is a process a learning process. I think last years run in the playoffs will go a long way in helping this team take the next step and play for a championship you don't and you think it is the coaches I JUST happen to disagree

Gens-southern-fanclub

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:25 pm

im not sure how making an observation makes me a london fan.. how about the ice dogs PP last year in the playoffs, they were very good... oh wait i must be an ice dogs fan by sayin that... and fyi im not bashing our players in any way.. and when did i say the experience from last year wont help this year? clearly it will help

LX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next