Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who should be 2010/11 Generals in your opinion...

+6
gogensgo
jaycro
archer_gens
ohlhockey
wish i was there
gensfan 2k2
10 posters

Go down

Who should be 2010/11 Generals in your opinion... Empty Who should be 2010/11 Generals in your opinion...

Post by gensfan 2k2 Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:09 am

Hi everyone

I can't wait for the start of the season. My son (2.5 yr old) can't wait either as he loves the Generals. He even does the Lets Go you Gennies... Whoo.

The goaltending is the only worry I see right now but they will probably go with Zador and Bailie

defense: Dehart, Valentine,Sullentrop,Mcdowell,Quinn, Dehaan (when he gets back) (Hope is hurt), Zupancic

Forwards: 1st line Thomas. Jenner, Berger
2nd line Lessio Laughton Jenson
3rd line Payne Labardo Andreoff
4th line Petaccio Sabourin Graves

extras Clark,Padulo, Stokes, Hughes,Alcock, Brown

So it looks like a lot of our former 3rd and 4th liners are no more because the influx with younger, better players. I'm pretty sure Sabourin and Graves have signed with the Gens so this pushes others off this team.

So berger, dehart and maybe a pick up for OA (brown is hurt) We might need a bigger tough guy than clark but other than that this is how I see it shaping up. We will have more offensive talent and size than most years.

Who do others think will make the team or will there be some trades to clear the extras from this team?

gensfan 2k2

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Who should be 2010/11 Generals in your opinion... Empty Re: Who should be 2010/11 Generals in your opinion...

Post by wish i was there Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:29 am

Wilson should be back for Sunday's game Smile

wish i was there

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Back to top Go down

Who should be 2010/11 Generals in your opinion... Empty Re: Who should be 2010/11 Generals in your opinion...

Post by ohlhockey Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:00 pm

The Gens have an affiliation with the Fury and need to make at least 2 players available to them.Therefore signing players doesn t guarantee them a spot with the Gens.

ohlhockey

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:50 pm

I see a guy like brown and hughes or payne on the firy not sure
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Not Payne! He gave up a U.S.NDTP placement to come here . Rightfully or not, I think he's a lock! Laughton is not initially going to be a 2nd line centre... that's going to be Labardo! Maybe as the season progresses, but not now! Hughes may want to go back closer to home or where he played last year..Orillia, I think?We'll see next week! If not picked up, maybe Alcock to the Fury? He is local!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ohlhockey Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:33 pm

If I were deciding it would be two of Hughes,Sabourin,Clark or Graves,however Graves looks the most ready of this group.Brown is an OA so theres no way he goes down and Padulo and Alcock are third year guys so they would be traded before ever going down.Stokes looks like trade bait at this point,considering he has been playing defense as of late.Just my opinion of course.Only time will tell,more moves to come thats for sure.

ohlhockey

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:43 pm

We need to send a dman, brown as a 94 is perfect, dont know is first name, clark wont go down, i agree wi the others.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by gogensgo Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:12 pm

Andreoff, Clark, Hughes, and Alcock should be gone as the next 4 once others come back.

gogensgo

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:28 pm

I haven't had a chance to see Allcock in the pre-season yet. Has he impressed anyone else who has had a chance to see him? With how tight this fight is, he should be fighting tooth and nail.

I like Clark. I know he is not well liked on this board, but he brings an attitude that is refreshing(he does what he is told without any whining). He takes no guff and adds a grit to the 4th line we need. If he could squeeze a couple goals in this year, he has done his job.

Andreoff, is a 3rd line player at his best. To expect anything more, we will all be disppointed. I like him, but would like to see more leadership on the ice from him if he stays here.

I think there will be some suprises ...and this board will be a buzz....

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:06 am

Guys on the bubble , Alcock, stokes, Hughes, Clark, andreoff , should be interesting , this team has the most depth we,ve seen in years in my opinion , but hey the talented kids are still pretty young, let's not expect the mem cup this year , but next year perhaps ?

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:57 am

I agree completely Mygens... I would rather see the younger players get used to the league this season and then go for it next year. I would add Brown to the list. Why waste ice time on him? I also heard the Gennies are actively trying to move some of the extra bodies out but so far there are no takers.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:42 am

Graves is staying with the Generals.
This is the article that was posted on www.simcoe.com

Bruce Hain
|
Sep 17, 2010 - 10:40 AM
|
0 .Graves cracks Generals roster

Graves cracks Generals roster. Homegrown talent. Josh Graves will be suiting up for the Oshawa Generals of the OHL this season, following in the tracks of alumni players such as Bobby Orr, Eric Lindros and John Tavares. contributed
OSHAWA — Josh Graves loves his hometown but he’ll enjoy returning this winter to try to dent the twine against the Barrie Colts of the OHL.

The 17-year-old Graves has earned a spot with the Oshawa Generals as a walk on at their training camp two weeks ago. Born and raised in Barrie, Graves signed a three-way contract with the Generals, which includes a college scholarship at Durham College, where he’s started a Police Foundations and Law Enforcement program.

“I have a couple of buddies with me here, so it’s pretty good,” he says.

The six-foot three, 190 lb. Graves shoots left and played last season with the Collingwood Blues Jr. A team after attending the Generals’ camp.

He began his hockey career at age seven playing house league in Barrie. He advanced to AAA and then actually went down to AA and A teams before getting a tryout with the AAA North Central Predators in minor midget before going to Collingwood.

Returning to the Generals camp this year was “definitely a challenge,” Graves says. “I didn’t make it last year, but they kept in touch with me last season. It was very competitive here this year.”

He describes himself as an “aggressive player – crash and bang and go to the net.”

Graves’ favourite team is the Washington Capitals and he names Alex Ovechkin as his number one player.

“He’s talented – but gritty,” Graves says.

The young man credits a number of people who helped him develop as a player.

His coach from the Collingwood Blues, Myles McCauley and owner Darrell Russell, who helped build his confidence. Graves also is in debt to his personal trainer, Daniel Tzachuk, who incidentally was a former captain of the Barrie Colts. The pair worked on and off the ice virtually every day for two years, along with Josh’s younger brother, Jacob.

His mother, Karen, says Daniel would try to push Josh to the next level during these training sessions by yelling, “Challenge!”

The family has a hockey history, too.

His uncles, the Cyrs, played competitive hockey and his grandfather, Ray Cyr, recorded 228 points in 327 games with the Vancouver Canucks during the 1950s and was rated a four-star centre. He even played briefly in the NHL.

Karen (Cyr) was a professional figure skater.

“I can honestly say I have never seen anyone like Josh that would work so hard everyday, pushing himself at cardio, weights – whatever it was, he would push himself until there was nothing left of him,” Karen says.

Graves has made a great impression on the Generals’ coaching staff to date.

He suited up for two of their three exhibition games. Graves recorded one assist in his first match and scored two goals in his second game. He’ll wear sweater #34.

The teen is eagerly awaiting the start of the regular season.

“We have a fairly young team,” he adds, “and I think we will do well this year.”

bhain@simcoe.com

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:21 am

Great story! The Gens have have made a lot of quality additions to their roister this year, both talent as well as character guys.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:57 pm

The article on Graves says that he signed a 3 way contract. Does anyone know what that means?

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Never heard of a three-way hockey contract. Maybe it means three years coverage at a school?

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down