Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT GOOD IS OUR OPINION IF.....

+5
JGH27
archer_gens
JPH
Lindy88
oshgens2k2
9 posters

Go down

WHAT GOOD IS OUR OPINION IF..... Empty WHAT GOOD IS OUR OPINION IF.....

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:25 am

WHAT GOOD IS OUR OPINION IF EVERYTHING ON THIS BOARD GETS LOCKED AND WE CANT COMMENT ON ANYTHING ANYMORE....MAYBE IF WE ARE GOING TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE BOARD WE CAN HAVE ONE OR A NEW ONE WHERE ARE COMMENTS ARE FREE FROM OTHERS LOCKING US OUT.......................... Mad

Back to top Go down

WHAT GOOD IS OUR OPINION IF..... Empty Re: WHAT GOOD IS OUR OPINION IF.....

Post by oshgens2k2 Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:07 am

I have to agree here. As long as there isn't profanity or absolute attacks about personal life any hockey related talk should be allowed.

This is one way the fans can let their voice be heard to ownership. I want this team to be successful as bad as the next. I remenber watching the great teams of the 80,s as a kid and watching the runs we went on every 2 to 3 years through the 90's. Something happened over the last 14 years and it isn't that I got married. I want to be that guy again standing 3 rows deep at the civic watching Marc Savard send us to the Mem cup in 97.

Remember those tough coaches we had named Theriualt and Cornacchia and stewart. Those guys got results and established an atmoshere we have moved too far from.

As a fan I want that back so voices should be heard. There is too much Leaf flu around this market...Wait until this year, wait until a couple more years. I think we have been very patient. I know I have. I'm not giving up my seasons as I love the most affordable game around but I just long for that drive for success that was all over our teams every couple years.

Remember 83,87,90,91,97.....Lets get back there!

oshgens2k2

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:13 am

I hear you gensfanforever. I rarely post anymore.

My impression is that the moderators here seem to feel that "freedom of speech" applies only to cheerleading for the Generals. Everything is puppy dogs and ice cream with the organization and that there MUST be something wrong with you though should you choose to criticize.

Honestly, I don't waste much time with this Board anymore.
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:21 pm

My years of supporting the team, through season tickets, dragging countless people to the games, and making them longtime fans, buying merchandise, etc seems to count for nothing. As people like myself are not real fans, or "only come on here when there is something to complain about"

Maybe if we just cheer, we can get this team moving. When a team takes a whole period to get one shot on net, at home, I have hard time finding something to cheer about. Pretty ironic though, one of the biggest cheers I've heard all year came when the Gens finally got that shot on net. Those people must all be poor fans though. How dare they voice their displeasure at a sporting event?

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:51 pm

Next thread complaining about the Gens will be the 100th of the season Very Happy

archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JGH27 Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:54 pm

Imagine if we could get that many points? Very Happy
JGH27
JGH27

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:02 pm

Do we get free fries after 100 complaining posts

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:50 pm

haha free something but not something you want

cheers
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Everyone has a right to an opinion. From what I have seen in the past on the board, a topic is locked when the fans get a bit overboard.

I believe we are all passionate about this team. Some of us express things differently than others. And sometimes it does offend people. I am not saying that anyone is right or wrong.

I think that the threads need to be locked from time to time. I personally have a hard time going through a long thread and by the end of the reading, the topic had completely changed from the original discussion.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by JGH27 Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:19 pm

So by that rational if you're having a conversation and it segways into something else because of something said then you should just end a conversation? Afterall that is what a thread is.

Regardless I'm a mod on another forum and we allow different opinions and arguments to be made with little censorship. If people are annoyed by it then we take action but to lock threads because they go against what the mod likes is a bit harsh in my opinion.

If there has been a lot of misuse in the past then I suppose I can see it but still not a fan of why it seems a few threads were locked.
JGH27
JGH27

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:11 pm

Please don't take this as sarcastic or snobby...I find it hard to write the tone I am thinking sometimes, and I don't want this to come off angry or disrespectful.

But essentially yes, that is what I am saying. If you are having a conversation about trading players, and you want to comment on a particular style, player or system, that has nothing to contribute to the trade conversation, then we have the option on the board to start a new topic.

Again, not meant sarcastically or to be snotty. Just my thoughts.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by JGH27 Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:16 pm

Fair enough, but if it pertains to why a play should stay or go (if he's good we keep, if it's felt he's not contributing then trade) then I see it as being a contribution to the thread. Tho I do agree if it's completely off topic then perhaps a new thread should be made.

Never took it as sarcastic or snobby, just another view point Smile
JGH27
JGH27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Ya I generally agree that this board has become pretty limited in what you can say simply as a result of who is moderating it. Just becease the moderator feels true fans do not complain about the team regardless of what is happening doesn't mean everyone is like that. If someone complains it means they are passionate about this team and do care and they have everyright to be express their opinion. If you keep to positive thoughts big brother will not stop you. If you start complaining too much, the hammer will fall. I generally ignore this board nowadays as a result. It's pretty sad that we are treated like kids. I guess freedom of speech is out the door here.

I attend the games like most people here and I'm disappointed in the Gennies this year as well. And I have eveyright to say my opinion when I want to without worrying if someone is going to shutdown the conversation. Its a bit of a joke to be honest.

Look mods, you have another thread to lock!

Peace be with you and Go Gens Go!
Rooster
Rooster

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:02 am

I think a big issue rooster is when topics about 1 subject change to something completely off topic, or when fans open up 5 extra topics all on the exact same thing, it makes it hard to follow. As I joked about it's like we have had 100 topics opened about the exact same thing and the other convos all turn into the exact same thing.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by federo5 Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:42 am

Rooster wrote:Ya I generally agree that this board has become pretty limited in what you can say simply as a result of who is moderating it. Just becease the moderator feels true fans do not complain about the team regardless of what is happening doesn't mean everyone is like that. If someone complains it means they are passionate about this team and do care and they have everyright to be express their opinion. If you keep to positive thoughts big brother will not stop you. If you start complaining too much, the hammer will fall. I generally ignore this board nowadays as a result. It's pretty sad that we are treated like kids. I guess freedom of speech is out the door here.

I attend the games like most people here and I'm disappointed in the Gennies this year as well. And I have eveyright to say my opinion when I want to without worrying if someone is going to shutdown the conversation. Its a bit of a joke to be honest.

Look mods, you have another thread to lock!

Peace be with you and Go Gens Go!

agreed. I always enjoy message boards as a way to interact with people of differing opinions. I always thought people with the same passionate opinions one way or another usually results in those people and there leaders winding up drinking the killer koolaid in a locked room. LOL. Ok.. A little exaggeration but c'mon. Freedom of speech. I've watched the Gens for what 20 years now as a kid back in the Lindros days. Speak your mind! pay the fine! Go Gens Go and if you suck I'll let you know!

federo5

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down