Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So far so good? Generals season to this point

4 posters

Go down

So far so good? Generals season to this point Empty So far so good? Generals season to this point

Post by oshgens2k2 Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:45 am

The good parts of the season are we are in first place with better defensive play and confidence in our starting goalie.
I sit in a section that seems to ride the waves up and down . I understand the frustration as we haven't had ultimate success in the league in 15 years. So when you see the start we have and see the bad outcomes lately you have to step back and put it in perspective. Here is my thoughts on the team.
We are missing 2 huge parts of the team from our top 6 with lessio and Laughton out. So we are putting increased pressure on our first line to produce for two guys who can handle their own offensively.We are asking borderline 3rd and fourth liners to suddenly become top line guys. That is tough to do. We are still undisciplined or have acquired a bad rep in the league for penalties. We play a lot of short handed minutes so that top line plus top 4 d are playing a lot lately. We won't have laughton for another 8 games and lessio for another 3 months. So it looks like we need some players to play above their heads (cassels,sabourin,urbanic,uvira) or we need help.
Is their any chance Thomas comes back? He isn't playing much in the ahl right now. Do we make our January trades now? I'm only giving up draft picks right now. Can we acquire a solid winger or center who can score to take pressure off Jenner. Then lessio coming back in January becomes another acquisition.
It's only draft picks and most likely next year we are unloading players to reaquire assets.

Thoughts?

oshgens2k2

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

So far so good? Generals season to this point Empty So far so good - BUT - a long way to go

Post by Gens Camper Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:43 pm

This team is not near as strong as the Tavares team with DelZotto & McLean

We do not make any changes - I do not want to give up draft choices - this season will have many hills & valleys

Laughton out till Nov 18 - others must step - Jenner most likely gone - Dec 7 till Jan 10 - Uvira too - WJC

We are a middle of the pack team - now we must improve - next year will be better - time will tell

We have just lost to 2 of the bottom teams in the OHL in our barn - I don't care if we outshot them- we lost

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

So far so good? Generals season to this point Empty Re: So far so good? Generals season to this point

Post by oshgens2k2 Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:53 pm

The thing with thinking about next year is you won't have petgrave, schemitsch,sabourin, Jenner and maybe lessio and Laughton and Biggs. So that leaves a major rebuild. Unfortunately this is a year we need to do well. Next year we will be lead by cassells and dal colle with altshuller.
Altshuller would be very attractive next year in a trade . If you look at the conference this year, it seems Barrie and niagara and maybe Belleville are joining us in the top 4. The way the kitcheners , windsors and London's run their teams is to be successful almost every year. Trading future picks to go for it and dumping players in years they won't win it all to acquire pieces for the future. We have to figure out what path we are on this year.
If everyone was healthy I think we would still be at top of the league.

oshgens2k2

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

So far so good? Generals season to this point Empty Re: So far so good? Generals season to this point

Post by LX Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:49 pm

with whats happend we wont have our team together till after the trade deadline. laughton comes back then shortly after we lose jenner, uvira, and i suspect biggs to the WJC. this really is the last chace to go for it for a couple of years... i would very much doubt jenner, lessio, and biggs would return.. our division seems very weak this year (so do we at the moment all things considered) if we make a few trades to get stronger and basically hold on till january when hopefully everyone returns we have a good shot at winning the division and be seeded number 2... in the playoffs anything can happen

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by core33 Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:59 pm

This is the years Gens Camper, not next. We lose most of our top players most likely to at least the AHL. This is also not a middle of the pack team, we are a top team.

Oshawa has lost a bit recently but did not deserve to. We dominated the Petes yesterday but ran into a hot goalie. That tread has been happening the last two weeks, but they have played well and been the better team and thats all you can ask. In March the standings will show as long as they continu to buy into the coaches program.

I agree with maybe trading Altshuller next year and going to Appleby if he can show he deserves a chance.

If Thomas were to come back i feel they should trade him, we need a hardworking grinding team to win in the playoffs, Thomas is just speed and a PP guy.

core33

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down