Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeff Brown

+12
Gens Fan 108
steamed
gensrock
mygens
Oshawa fan
gogeneralsgo
hockeybeats
ohagan
Gens Camper
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
Gens_Fan_22
archer_gens
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jeff Brown Empty Jeff Brown

Post by archer_gens Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:04 pm

Does anyone have any updates, I heard at the BBQ he could possibly be skating by the end of that week. Any word, is he back on the ice yet?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Jeff Brown Empty Re: Jeff Brown

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:54 pm

The boot he was wearing came off last week as he was havng an official
"boot burning party."
Haven't heard when he is coming back.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:58 pm

With Dehann back , Brown is on the block along with some other D

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:37 pm

Don't be so fast to put Brown under the bus - he is a big O A forward that we need - the going will get a lot tougher

There is not too many teams will give you much for an Overager - maybe more at the trade deadline

I would say he could be back by month end

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:40 pm

I am not throwing him under the bus , I just think he could be on the move along with a couple of D and G

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:54 pm

We'll see.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:41 pm

I think we need time to evaluate our team - 4 games is not enough the only way you trade for a goalie is if Zador CAN'T DO IT - BUT I THINK HE WILL

we are in the right direction - if Zador continues to improve as the team does - So far I see better breakouts and forwards getting back and we are not giving up as many 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 as we did last yr

Our Power play must and will improve now Calvin is back

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Gens Camper wrote:I think we need time to evaluate our team - 4 games is not enough the only way you trade for a goalie is if Zador CAN'T DO IT - BUT I THINK HE WILL

we are in the right direction - if Zador continues to improve as the team does - So far I see better breakouts and forwards getting back and we are not giving up as many 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 as we did last yr

Our Power play must and will improve now Calvin is back

I agree, its still early for sure, Zador is 4th in stats, .250 gaa and .929 sv%, and he will continue to improve. Our powerplay will certainly be better with Calvin.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:40 am

.250 GAA? doesn't sound right. Isn't that 1 goal allowed in 4 games?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:53 am

It's 2.50 GAA, 10 goals in 4 games. Not quite three shutouts good but still, not bad at all!

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Find a bus.. throw him under. I think we can make a run for it this season. there will be OA's that will become available who will provide more value than Jeff Brown.

How about Archibald from Barrie? Luciani from Erie? Jones from Brampton? Kerbashian from Sarnia? All of these players could be available later.. Let the younger guys get the ice time while we are winning, bring in some experience from a character player near the deadline.. sounds too easy....

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:04 pm

Poor Brown thats gonna hurt Sad
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:15 pm

I dont think Brown is that bad of a player. He can put points on the board and he is not a bad influence on the team. Yes there maybe better O A's availlable later in the season, but at what price to our future?

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Agreed

This is a rebuild year and some of you are getting carried away

The trade deadline is Jan 7 or 8 - lots of time

I do not want to trade away a high draft pick - if you haven't noticed the atmosphere thus far is no matter who you are - YOU WILL EARN YOUR ICE TIME - that will be no different with Jeff - I think he could be a BIG help for our young players -

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:28 pm

I think we should see what happens with ice time. Sometimes players really step up in their OA year.

I do like the young guys getting ice time as that always helps down the road. Leaving them on the bench is one of the problems in the past.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:43 pm

sorry but jeff brown in my opinion is just not skilled enough to play a regular shift on this team , this gens team is vastly improved over last year , even now with all these young talented players , and they will only get better . I'm sure Brown will ask for a trade where he can play everyday , the gens will definitely move him !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:09 am

Jeff Brown is exactly what Emerson Clark is to this team .........role player nothing more , nothing less. Does anyone actally think dips & the staff expect these players to "light it up"? I would have to say over 90% of us on here do not have "inside info" & the other 10% of the people on here have "over heard" something about the team.

I truly believe Dips & the staff have chosen each & every player on this team for a reason, role, purpose. When Jeff Brown returns it will be for a reason, role.
Does anyone think Dips & the staff will "tinker" with the "make-up" of ths team?
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:41 am

gensrock wrote:Jeff Brown is exactly what Emerson Clark is to this team .........role player nothing more , nothing less. Does anyone actally think dips & the staff expect these players to "light it up"? I would have to say over 90% of us on here do not have "inside info" & the other 10% of the people on here have "over heard" something about the team.

I truly believe Dips & the staff have chosen each & every player on this team for a reason, role, purpose. When Jeff Brown returns it will be for a reason, role.
Does anyone think Dips & the staff will "tinker" with the "make-up" of ths team?

Yes Dips will start to tinker soon as now DeHaan is back Brown is on his way back soon and are carrying 2 too many D and 1 or 2 too many forwards, so some players are going to start to complain for the lack of ice time.
we will see what happens in the next 10 games or so when dips can evaluate the team better Smile
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:33 am

Don't have 10 games need to cut/demote someone by 7pm.

We will be carrying 24 when we activate de Haan and i don't think thats allowed.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:53 am

archer_gens wrote:Don't have 10 games need to cut/demote someone by 7pm.

We will be carrying 24 when we activate de Haan and i don't think thats allowed.

I'm not saying who sitting out each game,I'm saying Dips will be making trades in the next 10 games with bodies missing (and still missing a body) in the first 4 games needs a little more time to acess the team Rolling Eyes
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:01 pm

I would not count out some trades being made...

Josh Brown and Brian Hughes ar eprobably on Jr. A cards.

I have to believe that Clark and Brown are not in the plans.. the young skilled players need to play so let them do it.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:07 pm

gogeneralsgo wrote:I would not count out some trades being made...

Josh Brown and Brian Hughes ar eprobably on Jr. A cards.

I have to believe that Clark and Brown are not in the plans.. the young skilled players need to play so let them do it.

Josh brown & Brian Hughes have already signed an Jr.A Card.(Whitby Fury)
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:44 pm

Who has evaluated Brown this year - let's wait besides who would trade for an overage injured forward

We are 4 games in - injuries and suspensions will happen - we have played 3 teams beat an uninspired Petes team twice the 67's who took us lightly then beat up on Majors 7 - 2 and a close game with Kingston

We are much improved BUT will come down to earth - let's see how we fair vs the west

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 108 Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:12 pm

Brown is now back yet! It could still be a few weeks still as he will has some type of therapy to go through and then get doctor clearance.

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:23 pm

How can we write Brown out already? The kid has heart and can bring some good things to the team too. He has some skill too. I get it, that Lessio, Laughton and Jensen need ice time, but they need time to learn too. They are very young, and unexperienced in the ontairo hockey league. Lets not put too much pressure on them now. We need them confident and dominant in the next two years. Not deflated.

Guys like Brown, DeHart, Dehann and Thomas will all be positive infulences on these kids. This is a long season. Send a player packing before we can even see what he may bring to the team seems premature.

He didn't have his best year last year, but neither did the rest of the team. The year before, he had some flashes of brilliance, we don't know...mabey he can do it again. Give him a chance before you give up on him. I would like to see him play and see what he brings to the team before we make any trade decisions. That is just my opinion.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next