Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

67's @ Gens Oct. 11

+6
ogf
generalsfan4life
ohagan
Hayes#21
hockeybeats
generalsfan
10 posters

Go down

67's @ Gens Oct. 11 Empty 67's @ Gens Oct. 11

Post by generalsfan Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving weekend! Just wanted to remind everyone of the Thanksgiving food drive at Monday's game. Bring a non-perishable food item with you to the game to help support needy families in the area.

Go Gens! Let's increase that division lead tomorrow! Very Happy

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

67's @ Gens Oct. 11 Empty Re: 67's @ Gens Oct. 11

Post by hockeybeats Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:58 pm

If you don't already have tickets, you get $1 off bowl seating with a non-perishable food item.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Let's Go Gens!!!! And let's support our community.

I hope our boys don't get their Turkey dinners until after the game...and hopefully a win!!!

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to all! GO GENS, lets get another win boys

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan4life Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:29 am

yep Let's Go Gens
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Number of posts : 125
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:01 pm

Oh so close!!! We couldn't buy a goal in the third period. Zador wasn't stellar ,but he kept us in the game. Cannot ask for more than that from your goalie.

I thought we were slow and sluggish in the first, but I think we outplayed and outworked them in the 2nd and 3rd.

We had every opportunity to tie and take the lead...we just couldn't get it in. I have to say this team has the ability to become a scoring powerhouse. Those kids are just a hare away from blowing out games. When the timing hits...and everyone gets to know where they are.....I think we really have a shot at making the playoffs this year.

First loss...booo....but the effort was there, just didn't bounce our way this afternoon.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:51 pm

Too bad we didnt tie it up, we played a very good 3rd period and we barely let the 67s touch the puck. We would have won with a better start to the game. Erase the 1st period today and erase the 2nd period in kingston on friday and we would still have a perfect record. Thomas should get consideration for player of the week 3g 3a 6pts in 2 games.

Last edited by ohagan on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:55 pm

It's a shame they didn't get the opening goal as well with great pressure in the first few minutes. Ottawa's first goal was definitely against the run of play.

Great opening six games but but giving up goals in bunches over the past two games is a concern despite the valiant efforts at coming back.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:25 pm

de Haan played aweful. He had more giveaways this game than he had in a month of play last year. He sure is not back in Junior play yet. Hope it happens for him sooner than later.

Go Gens Go!!

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Triggerman Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:34 pm

ogf wrote:de Haan played aweful. He had more giveaways this game than he had in a month of play last year. He sure is not back in Junior play yet. Hope it happens for him sooner than later.

Go Gens Go!!

He had no more giveaways than Valentine. I thought he had a very strong third period. He admitted in his second period interview he was not playing well. He said his timing was off and he needs to slow his game down to match the junior speed. He has only practiced twice with the team. I think four days of practice this week and you will see a difference in his games next weeekend

Triggerman

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:58 pm

Triggerman wrote:
ogf wrote:de Haan played aweful. He had more giveaways this game than he had in a month of play last year. He sure is not back in Junior play yet. Hope it happens for him sooner than later.

Go Gens Go!!

He had no more giveaways than Valentine. I thought he had a very strong third period. He admitted in his second period interview he was not playing well. He said his timing was off and he needs to slow his game down to match the junior speed. He has only practiced twice with the team. I think four days of practice this week and you will see a difference in his games next weeekend

We must have watched a different game. He sure did have more giveaways. I wasn't 'knocking' the guy, just pointing out that he is not yet in sync with the ohl game. He gave the puck away a number of times just trying to come out of our end, it wasn't just the passing, he was check off the puck a number of times and also lost it standing there flat footed. I know he will adjust, I just hope it is sooner than later, thats all.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:01 pm

I agree ogf, he was aweful and his game will be back soon enough for sure

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by pucktopuck Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Tuff lose today. 1st rounder seeing a lot of ice, but not doing much. What 1 goal (off the skate), not winning face-offs but out there all the time. Cody Payne saw a liitle less ice today. Think Cody is doing pretty good. Haven't seen Petaccio much. From what I've seen of him, think coach should give him a chance. Every shift he is working hard. Would like to see coach practice on the power plays a little more. Need some big bodies in front of the net. besides the rookies, everyone seem to be looking good. ANy thoughts?

pucktopuck

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:19 pm

for a team that has such a great offence, our powerplay really needs work

ohagan

Back to top Go down

67's @ Gens Oct. 11 Empty 67's at Gens Oct 11th

Post by Popbottle Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:22 pm

What happen to the team that won 2 while we had those four suspensions and no Calvin???? Evil or Very Mad

Popbottle

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by pucktopuck Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Agree, powerplay is the weakest for such power forwards. Need to maybe change it up a bit. as for the games before the players came back..no hunger for the game..just going through the motions. No passing, so much indivual play on the ice. Would have won those last 2 if more passing was involved on some of the plays. think Zador did fine, just a break down of D.

pucktopuck

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:43 pm

wow, that was the sloppiest game (for both teams) in a while,
i guess reality is starting to set-in as the other teams watch game film on the gens. We didn't get any "good" bounces around the net today. Zador played well enough to keep them close. The 67's where right in the gens faces most of the game. our timing on the pp need work....but it will come i think. We really didn't start skating & checking till the 3rd but as we all know it takes 3 periods to win @ this level

just me thoughts Smile
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:20 pm

So the home record this season ends up 33-1. Meh. Laughing

Gens sure came close, I thought the Laughton shot off the post in the 3rd or the Lessio shot right after was surely our tying goal. Teams are certainly going to key in on Thomas (for good reason)...on one of Berger's goals in the 2nd, as Thomas skated in over the blue line, 4 of the 5 67's on the ice immediately went to Thomas...but that will certainly free up other people.

I really liked the energy Jenner brought this afternoon. Being a strong 3rd period team is obviously a good quality to have, but let's hope the Gens don't find themselves in that come from behind mode in the 3rd too often. Hard to know how much stock to put into the first goal, but if you like stats like that, the Gens haven't scored first in the only 2 losses they've had so far. The 4 games that they have scored first are the 4 games they've won.

Next weekend gives the Gens their first look at 2 western conference teams, Sarnia and Saginaw. Saginaw has an excellent 7-1 record right now. Saginaw and the Gens will both have played 3 in 3 by the time next Sunday rolls around. Gens have Sarnia at home Friday and then travel to Niagara on Saturday. The Spirit are in Guelph Friday and Belleville Saturday.

With the 3 in 3 weekend, I wonder which game (or games) Bailie will start? Any guesses? Do you give him the middle game in Niagara or do something different?

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:46 pm

I know Zadore has played well so far, but i would maybe try bailie on friday with sarnia and see how he does and go from there. If he plays poorly then give zadore the next 2 games

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by pucktopuck Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:45 pm

I like to see what Petaccio has to offer. Mix it up a bit on the front end.

pucktopuck

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:15 pm

pucktopuck wrote:I like to see what Petaccio has to offer. Mix it up a bit on the front end.

Put Petaccio in net, that would mix things up pretty good lol, seriously though i agree we should mix things up, we have a lot of good players and sorry if im misquoting, but i think it was Hayes21 saying in a recent comment that basically we are very close to blowing away the competition with the team we have. But its still early in the season and im sure we will see a variety of lines as time goes on

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by pucktopuck Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:25 pm

Agree...early in the season.....but way to long not to havee a good power play running. We also need to play more dicipline hockey.

pucktopuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down