Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ottawa goalie Perugguini would look good in a GENS uniform

+5
gogeneralsgo
KHE
archer_gens
newgensfan85
Gens Camper
9 posters

Go down

Ottawa goalie Perugguini would look good in a GENS uniform Empty Ottawa goalie Perugguini would look good in a GENS uniform

Post by Gens Camper Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:49 am

It is no secret Chris is the odd man out in the 67's goalie plans - he is 19 and has won his 3 starts this year - GAA - just over 2 after yesterday's game

My bet is he was being showcased yesterday and scouted by the PETES - GENS and other OHL teams

My thoughts are - DIPS call the 67's this morning and make your best 3 for 1 deal before he ends up in PETES net

We have what the Petes don't have - depth to deal

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Ottawa goalie Perugguini would look good in a GENS uniform Empty Re: Ottawa goalie Perugguini would look good in a GENS uniform

Post by newgensfan85 Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:41 am

Better off as a pete, he is inconsistent he plays well for 2 games and then blows it for 9 if not more he has been 2nd string goalie his whole ohl career no offense but that's pathetic.... If a goalie is needed there are much better out there perugini would be a waste!!

newgensfan85

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Ottawa goalie Perugguini would look good in a GENS uniform Empty Re: Ottawa goalie Perugguini would look good in a GENS uniform

Post by archer_gens Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:59 am

depends what u trade, brown and or clark for peruggini and i'm in. Throw in Bailie to Very Happy
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:29 pm

I'd be looking at Passingham in Windsor if you wanted an OA goalie.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:33 pm

1st - it would take a lot more than Clark and Bailie to get Perugini. They would not be interested in Brown as they already have 3 good OAs. I like Passingham as well.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:59 pm

gogeneralsgo wrote:1st - it would take a lot more than Clark and Bailie to get Perugini. They would not be interested in Brown as they already have 3 good OAs. I like Passingham as well.

Actually they'd probably be able to get Perugini (and Passingham) for that matter for a mid-round draft pick. Bailie for Perugini straight up would be a terrible deal for Oshawa.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:52 pm

Not sure where your numbers come from on a Perugini

has a save % over 900 his whole career - winning record every year

ranked 5th best goalie in the OHL this yr

Compare him to Zador ranked 20 th best never close to 900 save %

Ottawa has 3 goalies and do not need another - got an import this year and picked up a goalie by a trade and that is why Perugini is on the block.

With Campbell's terrible start - Passingham is not available

Saginaw has the best 2 goalies in the OHL - RANKED 2 & 3

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Perugini is traded to SSM today,In exchange, the Hounds send four draft picks to Ottawa; SSM’s 2nd and 7th Round Selections in 2011, KIT’s 3rd Round Selection in 2012 and SSM’s 4th Round selection in 2012 (conditional).

Too much for the Gen's to give up,for a goaltender that is only a little better than Zador.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:48 pm

jaycro wrote:Do we want to take O'Hagan off their hands?

Bryce O'Hagan is a sieve his picture is beside the word in the dictionary,Zador is a much better goalie than O'Hagan,but O'hagan is a better goalie than Bailie but do you want 2 last year goalies that more than likely want to be #1 I can see the Pete's trading for him but then I don't know why they let go Mission(sp) as he is better than O'Hagan.like I said in another post if your tradeing for a goalie you go after one of the top ones and O'Hagan not the one.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:08 pm

O'Hagan has been sent home to Burlington to await a trade, according to the Soo site. I agree with steamed; we don't want him as he is no improvement over what we have. Perugini might have been a nice addition but not at the price the Soo paid for him!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:29 pm

I agree that the soo paid too much to get periguini, im glad that dips is patient and staying with his long term plan and not selling the boat to win right away. next year is supposed to be our year so we have lots of time to wait for the right players to tweak our team with. in the meantime i look forward to continuing to watch a good gens team

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:38 pm

I agree we were outbid BUT i'M SURE we were thinking - you know if the price was low enough - why not ?

Everyone believes that next year COULD be our year BUT - who will be in net - Zador may or may not last the year

Baille - can't get in the lineup - how can he improve - just maybe they are trying to showcase Zador

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:01 am

Gens Camper wrote:I agree we were outbid BUT i'M SURE we were thinking - you know if the price was low enough - why not ?

If the price was right there would of been alot of other teams in the running for him.If the soo gave that much for a goaltender that is problably a little better than Zador just think of what the Gen's would have to give up for a top notch goalie,other teams are not just going to give away there biggest asset.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:48 pm

Zadors save percentage is .890 , inching up, perhaps he will continue to improve ??. .....having said that wouldn't Whitby native Brandon foote look good in a gens uniform ?.. He's constantly in the .93 save percentage range , excellent goalie ......hmmmm I can dream can't I ?

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down