Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oshawa at Niagara Oct 16th

+12
blakejo
gogeneralsgo
runner
Peter_Puck
JPH
Gens Camper
ogf
steamed
Kevy
generalsfan
Hayes#21
Gens_Fan_22
16 posters

Go down

Oshawa at Niagara Oct 16th Empty Oshawa at Niagara Oct 16th

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Time for another two points Gens.
Wonder who will get the start in net tonight.
Probably Bailie as Zador should play Sunday against Saginaw.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Oshawa at Niagara Oct 16th Empty Re: Oshawa at Niagara Oct 16th

Post by Hayes#21 Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:24 pm

I am pretty sure Ballie will get the start tonight. Let's keep the momentum up boys...and get another 2 points tonight.

I really enjoy wachting this club right now. Jensen is the one who has really impressed me. That kid has glue on his stick!!! Not that the others are not playing well, but for his first year here.....in the O.....it looks like this style of hockey is right up his alley.

GO GENS GO!!!!!!

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Agree on everything Hayes#21 about Bailie probably starting, Jensen being impressive and the Gens being a lot of fun to watch! Jensen has had great success with his cut to the slot...he's bound to get hit one of these times, but let's see how long it takes for other teams to catch on. Very Happy

I'm sure Lessio will want to have a huge game tonight being in Niagara...hopefully he brings some extra fire and determination and lights it up big time!

Heading down to St. Catharines a bit later for this one tonight...hope to see some other Gens fans there too!

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:29 pm

generalsfan wrote:Agree on everything Hayes#21 about Bailie probably starting, Jensen being impressive and the Gens being a lot of fun to watch! Jensen has had great success with his cut to the slot...he's bound to get hit one of these times, but let's see how long it takes for other teams to catch on. Very Happy

I'm sure Lessio will want to have a huge game tonight being in Niagara...hopefully he brings some extra fire and determination and lights it up big time!

Heading down to St. Catharines a bit later for this one tonight...hope to see some other Gens fans there too!

Booster club heading out that way tonight
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:26 pm

I would play Zador in all teams from the east as this is were we distances our self from the east throw in ballie against some of the western teams like Saginaw on Sunday.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:35 pm

Bailie SUCKS, shouldn't even be in the O, I said it last year and will say it again. Tonight he has 5 goals against so far on only 24 shots. That is brutle. It hurts the entire team, because they play different if they can't rely on the tender. I don't care who they bring in, just get rid of Bailie. He is hurting this team big time.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:16 pm

This is his first game in over a month except 25 min vs Kingston

Goalies need to get a few games going - Zador is not much better

Besides if you dump Baille - who comes in

The only way it works is if we could trade Baille and a couple of our extra players for that 16 yr goalie that played for Sarnia last night

That's a pipe dream - We are in a tough spot with Zador being 19- not good enough to bring back as an OA - so who is in net next year - think about it

There is not a lot of goalies out there to trade for - I think the talent in the OHL is very weak in net

Maybe the team in front of him needs to play better to help him

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:22 pm

If anyone deserves to be dumped on tonight....it is Tony DeHart, and Scott Valentine.

Those two were absolutely brutal all night. Valentine may have netted 2 but almost every single GA had the exact same breakdowns, with the exact same D pairing.

We played well wnough to win tonight, but our defence looked like a game from last year.

Hopefully things tighten up a tad tomorrow night.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter_Puck Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Lets get to the point other teams know our goal weaknesses Bailie in net was a Gift to Niagara, if you think that he needs to see the puck more than you even more disturbed in thinking the goalie fairy is going to raine down on Bailie and turn him into an under 3 GAA. Just saying de Haan still looking pretty sloppy, out of position if he keeps this pace his +/- will suffer. Right now Islanders are thinking glad we sent him back work in progress. It does matter who you put in net, rushes happen, penalties happen.

Remember what a powerplay looks like, it has been a while, where is the man if front of the net? Penetrate the box formation and get someone in front of the net if the goailie sees it he's go the make the save. We didn't put together a team of misfits how many games before Dips fixes tthe PP.

Long time being said, the boys can rebound Zador sure as heck better be in net.
Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by runner Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:21 am

we won friday night and the players and coaching staff were great. Lose tonight and they're all terrible. Which is it?

runner

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:53 am

I was at the game tonight . at the end of the game and I am have to say.. I am very disappointed in some of our players. Clark (get him out of here) Brown (see previous comment) Andreoff (just shut up and play ) and Jenner (grow up) made our team look like sore losers.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:44 am

ogf wrote:Bailie SUCKS, shouldn't even be in the O, I said it last year and will say it again. Tonight he has 5 goals against so far on only 24 shots. That is brutle. It hurts the entire team, because they play different if they can't rely on the tender. I don't care who they bring in, just get rid of Bailie. He is hurting this team big time.

I don't think it helps when one of your defencemen is lying down on the ice on an awful lot of the shifts - Valentine has got to learn to stay on his feet - having someone jump in front of you cannot help one bit - watch the replays from the goals if available - Valentine was lying on the ice for a good portion of them.
blakejo
blakejo

Number of posts : 68
Seat Section : 117
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:53 am

The boys tried. They met a team that was just as motivated to win and didn't want to be embarassed and they were giving up 3 goals really quickly. The gens played the best that they could. We are going to lose some games, and I don't think this was a bad loss.(where last year the team would give up)

I don't think Zador would have played much better than Ballie did, and it was the penalties that killed us. 3 goals on 3 powerplays gave Niagra the lead. We tied it twice....just couldn't hold on for the last 2 minutes to draw the tie. I thought the game was very entertaining, back and forth all game, lots of talent on Niagra team too. They have something to be exicted about as well. And Niagra had their back up goalie in too.

The scrum at the end was not necessary. But it was started by the Niagra players. Should we have skated off....mabey....but why is it OK to be sore winners?

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Gensfan_118 Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:01 am

Was at the game last night too, and while a couple of the goals looked pretty weak, the two ppg in the end I sat at were complete defensive breakdowns. I'm not sure that Zador would have fared too much better. It's pretty sad that we have to outshoot teams by about 20 and outplay the opponent just to have a shot at the win.
I was wondering on the drive home if our defence just doesn't expect players on the opposition's powerplay to be in front of the net, because our powerplay NEVER has a player there.
Also, I think the Ice Dogs owe Jeff Brown a HUGE thank you. 7 minutes into the game, the score is 3-0 Gens, and the Dogs were reeling. Oshawa was dominating the play. Niagara gets a weak one to make it 3-1. Time for Oshawa to get one back right? No. Next shift, Brown drills somebody in front of the Ice Dogs' net about 10 seconds after the whistle. Dogs score again and go into the intermission with all the momentum and a very loud crowd.
Finally, what's with putting a player back on the ice after taking a stupid penalty and costing the team a goal? Friday night in Oshawa, Andreoff took that hooking? penalty in the first minute, Sarnia scores a few seconds into the penalty, and Andreoff comes out of the box and lines up for the faceoff. Same thing last night with DeHann after his slashing penalty 75 feet away from the play.
Pretty good game though, and we do have a pretty good group of players. Can't remember the last time we had 3 good lines, and a 4th line that could be a 2nd line next year.

Gensfan_118

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:34 am

I am with you completely GensFan_118 There are a few players on this team and you mentioned some of them who only care about themselves and looking pretty out there. If we are going to be a team Dips will have to fix these players or move them. I watch the other teams and when someone takes a 'Stupid' penalty, you don't see them for a while. St. Mikes is the perfect example. Cameron could care less who the player is. Play his way or don't play.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:39 am

Stupid penalties have cost us all season.
Bench some of these players and give them the hint that it won't be accepted.
Less stupid penalties would mean more wins.....Niagara had 3 ppg last night....case in point.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Oshawa at Niagara Oct 16th Empty Oshawa at Niagara

Post by Popbottle Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:19 pm

I was at the game and was elated when we got the three goals early
I too was disappointed that #4 & #7 were on for 5 goals against and while 2 of those goals were power plays the other three were at even strength.
I noted that while he got 2 goals our # 4 was out of position in our own end many times.
We have too many d-men all wanting to get up in the offensive zone to try and put points on the board while neglecting the defensive duties.
The only stay at home d-man I saw last night was #25.
Perhaps in the case of #4 and #7 they should not be paired together if this is the result? Mad
It was a pretty good game to watch despite to loss.

Popbottle

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:52 pm

gogeneralsgo wrote: I was at the game tonight . at the end of the game and I am have to say.. I am very disappointed in some of our players. Clark (get him out of here) Brown (see previous comment) Andreoff (just shut up and play ) and Jenner (grow up) made our team look like sore losers.

WOW... scratch scratch this is very strange. If you actually saw it at the end of the game....#9 Andrew Agozzino tried to spear Boone Jenner, near the blue line, OF COURSE the boys are going to stick-up for their team mates that is what actually happened! That what Clark does for this team.... next time please watch all players on the ice.....if you want to be an Ice Dogs fan...good luck & see-ya.....but stop bashing the boys for every little thing!
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Spear or no spear , Clark does not belong on this team when you have a goal scorer Josh Graves sitting

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down