Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belleville at Oshawa Oct. 29th

+4
Generals2010
archer_gens
steamed
Gens_Fan_22
8 posters

Go down

Belleville at Oshawa Oct. 29th Empty Belleville at Oshawa Oct. 29th

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Time to rebound from the tough loss last night in Peterborough.
Bulls have been playing good so should be a great game.
Who starts in net? Zador or Bailie?
Do they use Bailie tonight and come back with Zador tomorrow in Erie or vice versa?

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Belleville at Oshawa Oct. 29th Empty Re: Belleville at Oshawa Oct. 29th

Post by steamed Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:04 pm

Gens_Fan_22 wrote:Time to rebound from the tough loss last night in Peterborough.
Bulls have been playing good so should be a great game.
Who starts in net? Zador or Bailie?
Do they use Bailie tonight and come back with Zador tomorrow in Erie or vice versa?

I would go with Zador for all Eastern teams and throw in Bailie once in awhile against western teams.
You have to play Zador 90% of the games as he is the better goalie by far and only gets better the more he plays.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Gotta give Zador one of the nights off we play tuesday as well. 4 games in 6 days is alot so is 3 in 3. I think they go with Bailie tonight to see how he does at home.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Generals2010 Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:54 pm

christian better not get a game suspension. I didn't see any intent on the body check. Not even a penalty if ya ask me Smile
Generals2010
Generals2010

Number of posts : 70
Seat Section : 119
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:13 pm

What a great game. We scored lots of goals, we outshot them, we outplayed them, a few fights, good defence kept their chances to a minimum and when they had a rare chance Zadore made the key saves. Good game boys!!! Heck we even got our weekly slewfoot call against us. And Generals2010 i dont think Thomas will get anymore than the 5mins he received tonight

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:19 pm

With a match penalty isn't there a mandatory 1 game? And then it goes to review...I don't think he should have got a slew foot...I think it was more of an interference if anything. It was a 2 minute penalty not 5.

Way to go Clark!!! Nice little goal. Almost had two tonight. Keep working kid.

Gens played well... I think Belleville only had 5 shots in the first. That is pretty good defensive work.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:23 pm

archer_gens wrote:Gotta give Zador one of the nights off we play tuesday as well. 4 games in 6 days is alot so is 3 in 3. I think they go with Bailie tonight to see how he does at home.

Well Zadore played tonight against the Bulls, so if Baillie is going to get a game here in this 4 games in 6 nights stretch, it better be against the otters, because I will guarantee you that if Baillie starts vs the Majors he will be pulled and Zadore will be back in net and not getting a rest.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:47 pm

Well here is the offical breakdown as per the OHL rule book. I think this is a loosely and obviously judgemental call. The definition could be interpreted for many plays in the game.

52.1 Slew-footing - Slew-footing is the act of a player or goalkeeper using his leg or foot to knock or kick an opponent’s feet from under him, or pushes an opponent’s upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time with a forward motion of his leg, knocks or kicks the opponent’s feet from under him, causing him to fall violently to the ice.
52.2 Match Penalty - Any player or goalkeeper who is guilty of slew-footing shall be assessed a match penalty.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:36 am

Thomas wont play tomorrow auto suspension.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:00 am

Boys played hard tonight

The score could have been a lot worse. Teichmann made some great saves in the 3rd to keep the score a lot closer than it should have been

From where I was sitting (114 Row 7), the Thomas incident looked like nothing. In fact, at the time I thought the Bulls player should have been called for the interference. I can't really judge though because I only saw it from one angle. I do wonder how it looked from the other side of the rink though. Any opinions?

I have made it pretty clear that I don't think Clark should be on this team. However, the last 2-3 games he has been playing decent hockey IMO.

Love the effort by Valentine...in a 5-1 game...to get down in the corner and block a pass

Great little fight from Alain. Clearly Mascioli didn't know what he was getting himself into Laughing

Oh and Beats....was the Pendulum I heard at the start of the 3rd?
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:34 am

I agree Kevy Clark has looked better the last few games. I'm still not sure if he's good enough to make next years team, and thus maybe we should be using someone who could. However if he keeps playing the way he has the last few games and can continue improving then I guess I can't really say anything bad about his play.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:27 pm

It was Pendulum at the start of the third. All the period entry songs were different yesterday and obviously some Halloween influence as well.

Great game yesterday, Belleville might not be the best offensive team in the East by any means but killing off a 5-minute penalty is an awesome feat and that's what decided the game. If they got one or two goals, it becomes a close game again.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:08 pm

hockeybeats wrote:It was Pendulum at the start of the third. All the period entry songs were different yesterday and obviously some Halloween influence as well.

Great game yesterday, Belleville might not be the best offensive team in the East by any means but killing off a 5-minute penalty is an awesome feat and that's what decided the game. If they got one or two goals, it becomes a close game again.

I thought so. What was the name of the song? I don't think I have heard it before. Thanks
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:50 pm

Blood Sugar

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20