Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens at Wolves, Nov 6th

+4
generalsfan
JPH
generalsfan4life
archer_gens
8 posters

Go down

Gens at Wolves, Nov 6th Empty Gens at Wolves, Nov 6th

Post by archer_gens Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Heres to a better effort and hopefully not coming home empty handed.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Gens at Wolves, Nov 6th Empty Re: Gens at Wolves, Nov 6th

Post by generalsfan4life Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:53 pm

ya i hope so Let's GO Gens.
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Number of posts : 125
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:10 am

At one point the shots on goal were in the neighbourhood of 23-4 for the gens. At that time, the score was 1-0 Oshawa. Vallequete(sp) was real solid.

I felt with all the odd man rushes we had.....a fair amount of them led to us making poor decisions, whether it be trying to force a pass under a sprawling defenceman, or making one too many passes. That probably kept a few goals off the board for us.

Bailie was solid when he has too, and although the shots on net were heavy for us, I've always felt it must be really tough for the goalie whos only faced 3 shots.....to keep his team in when their 23 shots only net one goal. Bailie was focoused tonight. Good on him.

Zupancic(sp) got dropped in one shot by Foligno. For a "tough guy" he certainly does not get the job done.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:13 am

Glad the Gens got the split on the northern swing. Some good things happened tonight for the Gens, they got the goaltending when they needed it, they scored a powerplay goal, didn't give one up and only gave up 11 shots in the first 40 minutes. I like that the Gens didn't take a minor penalty with the lead in the 3rd...more often than not the team that's trailing seems to get one last chance on the powerplay, but well done to the Gens for not giving the Wolves that chance.

Back to back games with the Bulls coming up on Wednesday and Friday. Go Gens! Very Happy

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:23 am

JPH wrote:Zupancic(sp) got dropped in one shot by Foligno. For a "tough guy" he certainly does not get the job done.

I don't think Zupancic was brought in to be a tough guy. I think he was brought in to be a role player and fill in when the youner guys need a rest or get benched. His age will leave him out of the development plan of the youngsters.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:00 pm

JPH wrote:Zupancic(sp) got dropped in one shot by Foligno. For a "tough guy" he certainly does not get the job done.

Don't you think it could of been a lucky punch.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Sorry Steamed...Anton has not had a good record this year for scrapping. He has lost every fight. He needs to keep his gloves on...and work for a spot to stay in the lineup and not be a healthy scartch.That should be his goal now. I think he has a lot of potential.....and I see coach is using him a bit like Hope, on the forward lines too. The more experience he gets on the ice this year the better for our team next year.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:48 am

Hayes#21 wrote:Sorry Steamed...Anton has not had a good record this year for scrapping. He has lost every fight. He needs to keep his gloves on...and work for a spot to stay in the lineup and not be a healthy scartch.That should be his goal now. I think he has a lot of potential.....and I see coach is using him a bit like Hope, on the forward lines too. The more experience he gets on the ice this year the better for our team next year.

Thats your opinion,he was brought in for size and add tuffness on the back end,which he does.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:41 am

Hayes #21 points out that the more Zupancic plays this year, the better for our team next year. As an overager next year (born 91/11/11), I seriously doubt he will be on the team next year.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down