Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lessio...Did we Overpay?

5 posters

Go down

Lessio...Did we Overpay? Empty Lessio...Did we Overpay?

Post by jaycro Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:47 am

Not to take anything away from Lucas and his talent level as I can see he is a skilled player but even as a "top six" on the Gens , was he worth what we paid for him? Again, no disrespect intended. Just looking for your thoughts! Reminder, the Gens gave up a 2nd to acquire his rights, two more 2nds if he played one year, and 3rd and 4th round selections if he plays a second year. Niagara ends up with four 2nds as they also got a compensatory 1st pick this year. (I think I have that correct.) Wow!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Lessio...Did we Overpay? Empty Re: Lessio...Did we Overpay?

Post by mygens Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:07 pm

wow , ok by my count thats 3 2nd round picks , and a 3rd , the 4th means nothing , so 3 second round picks thats quite a bit , but he is a great skater , competes for the puck , and stickhandles very well , only thing he hasnt done is fill the net , provided he eventually starts to score like we expected him to , it will be worth the picks , its early yet , he's just getting used to the speed of the game at this level , overall i'm very happy with him , although i know what you mean , the goal scoring hasnt really been there yet , it should come though, he'll be around for 1 more possibly 2 more years . ..........

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:10 pm

we may have over paid (looks like that at this point) but he could still turn out to be a great OHL player. It is only his first year in the league, and he still needs to develop.
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralTwit Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:08 pm

Not a chance! You have to make that deal, any day of the week!

Lucas Lessio wasn't a nobody, he was a TOP TEN pick in the OHL draft, and has 2 full seasons MINIMUM, and most likely a 3rd. To land someone like him without giving up a 1st Round pick of their own was a genius move, and it's helped Oshawa far more than it has Niagara.

The Generals also got a large package of picks as part of the Tavares/Del Zotto deal, and those extra picks went into landing Lessio as well. Just smart planning by DiPiero to get Lessio here, and to have him here to join Boone Jenner for the next few seasons.

GeneralTwit

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:01 pm

No way did we overpay - what you are seeing is the lack of experience of playing at this level - re last yr playing tier 2 has hurt his development for this yr.

The next time you are at the game watch his strength on the puck also check to see how close he is checked and watched.

I am sure in a few months you will see a different player -

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down