Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens Trade Announced today

+22
goalie gal
gmc 118
mygens
GeneralTwit
Gens Fan 108
JJ00
im4the1320
archer_gens
steamed
Oshawa fan
jaycro
generalsfan
Gens Camper
Kevy
ohagan
ogf
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
KHE
gogeneralsgo
opinionated
JPH
generalsfan4life
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gens Trade Announced today Empty Gens Trade Announced today

Post by generalsfan4life Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:41 pm

the gens have acquired peter disalvo from the barrie colts in exchange for sudbury's 5th round draft pick in 2012 according to the gens website.
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Number of posts : 125
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Gens Trade Announced today Empty Re: Gens Trade Announced today

Post by JPH Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Good move considering we gace up virtually nothing. So who is the odd one out.....Zador must have a helluva "flu" lol

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan4life Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:09 pm

no idea who would be out.
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by opinionated Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:14 pm

The other issue created by this is which OA is on the outside looking in come January?

One would presume that it is Brown, but perhaps there is something else in the works involveing either Berger or DeHart?

opinionated

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:24 pm

Very interesting.. has to be more to come and soon.
3 Goalies and 4 OAs?

I would guess Zador is going somewhere only because he is older than Baillie.

Also are we trading Dehart or Berger or Brown??? I agree Brown would be the logical move. Why bring in an established OHL goalie and then move out a key piece like Dehart or Berger.

Maybe the Gens finally had enough of Brown's antics on the ice that seemed to always put them in a hole. (Windsor game last Sunday for example).

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:33 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Dehart is traded. He seems to be the player that they'd be able to get the most for and with our depth at D it would mean a player like Quinn would probably get a lot more ice time. With that said Berger really hastn' impressed me very much this year, he's really lost a step or two since the ankle injury last year.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:40 pm

I would agree , Berger seems to be out of shape / a step behind . Zador will be traded /

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan4life Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:20 pm

i doubt the gens would get very much for zador probably only a draft pick or sumthing who knows tho.
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:21 pm

I like this move. It will be very interesting to see what else is up the sleaves of the Gens. Missy is tough this year for sure and I know everyone is saying next year is our year; but take a look at the Ottawa roster next year...the Gens will be underdogs without some moves. Ottawa has the crop coming back next year. Tinker this line up to do some damage and experience, and at the same time, make next years team better.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Disalvo went 36 8 0 1 for stats last year with 2 shutouts on a team that went to the OHL finals. This was a good move for Dips, gave up nothing and will get that pick back or maybe better when the dust settles and the roster is set. DiSalvo brings some playoff experience and that is good Go Gennies!!!

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:07 pm

I really like this move for us.

You know that some of the doubters will bring up his numbers from this season...hasn't happened yet...but it's bound to...

2-17-0-1 4.91 G.A.A .879 %

Not good for a netminder of his caliber...BUT...this was all on a very bad Colts team. We all know what he can do when he has a team in front of him
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:12 pm

The right move would be to package Zador and DeHart to Brampton - in need of a goalie.

I like Brown & his toughness - Sunday night should not have been a 5 min major

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:19 pm

Brampton signed free agent G Cody St. Jacques last week
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Kevy wrote:I really like this move for us.

You know that some of the doubters will bring up his numbers from this season...hasn't happened yet...but it's bound to...

2-17-0-1 4.91 G.A.A .879 %

Not good for a netminder of his caliber...BUT...this was all on a very bad Colts team. We all know what he can do when he has a team in front of him

Exactly, poor team in front, he is hung out to dry. I bet he will have a major turn around now that he has a team in front of him. A team that has a great offense and an ever improving defense should bode well for the gennies.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Was just checking out some game summaries on the OHL website...even with stats like that on a weaker Colts team this season, there are still great performances. One that jumps out is a game against Owen Sound with 2 goals against...in 2 periods, his team was outshot 43-8, and overall he made 49 saves out of 51.

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:53 am

Not sure whay we would get rid of Dehart. I think he is the rock of our defense. Dehaan is the sizzle but Tony is there game in and game out saving our bacon. And Berger is our 2nd leading scorer.

I think we can go far in the playoffs this season without jeopardizing a run next year. We have young forwards who we need to develop in Petaccio, Graves and Payne. Brown is taking their ice away from them and I believe any of them can replace him without missing a beat. Also keep the little fighter in the stands as well. No need for him any longer either. I like Brown but he provides no value at this point IMO.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:05 am

The big question is, why do we want Disalvo? Next year or the following year is supposed to be a year we take a run at it and Disalvo being an overager won't be part of that. Cannot understand the logic of this move. It might upgrade our goaltending and improve team confidence but is not a "long term solution" unless the Gens move him to a stronger contender in January. But none of the top contenders needs a front line goalie. Possibly a strong backup for Kingston or Ottawa?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:43 am

jaycro wrote:The big question is, why do we want Disalvo?

Here are a few reasons:
1) roll the dice on this season and see what happens with strong goaltending
2) Not really any significant cost and nothing that hurts next year
3) Give the players for next season a longer playoff run this year to gain experience.
4) Baillie gets to play so less pressure but still gets in games knowing he is the man next year
5) A few extra playoff dates put some cash in the coffers (don't underestimate this one)

While there are other better teams in the East with goaltending anything can happen? Why not take a chance?

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:45 am

Don't know were Zador will go in a trade but I have a feeling that Brown if he is the one going will end up in either Missisauga or Belleville as they are 2 teams that have an oa spot open.I'm betting on Missisauga,but it will all depend on if Missy goes after Prout(oa) from Barrie.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by opinionated Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:24 pm

Oshawa fan wrote:
jaycro wrote:The big question is, why do we want Disalvo?

Here are a few reasons:
1) roll the dice on this season and see what happens with strong goaltending
2) Not really any significant cost and nothing that hurts next year
3) Give the players for next season a longer playoff run this year to gain experience.
4) Baillie gets to play so less pressure but still gets in games knowing he is the man next year
5) A few extra playoff dates put some cash in the coffers (don't underestimate this one)

While there are other better teams in the East with goaltending anything can happen? Why not take a chance?

And obviously Dips has lost confidence in Zador's (or Baillie's) ability to be a #1 goaltender. This is a move for this year, and to open up a spot for next year, so that we aren't making a serious run with the same two goalies.

opinionated

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:36 pm

The Gens will obviously not have either Bailie or Zador as number 1 next year. Zador was sort of obvious because he's an OA next year and not a great one. If there was faith in Bailie he'd be the man this year. I see us getting a new goalie in the summer. Bailie will get the start tonight, I will be shocked if we see anyone other then Zador or Besette on the bench tonight. Unless of course Brown is suspended.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Just a side note, did anyone else noticed the color (black)pads,glove & blocker Zador was wearing the last couple of weeks.some one on the noof
reminded me of that as I pointed out to some people at the Gen's game.Maybe I'm reading to much into this but why would he choose that color as the Gen's colors are red,white & blue scratch
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by im4the1320 Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:15 pm

steamed wrote:Just a side note, did anyone else noticed the color (black)pads,glove & blocker Zador was wearing the last couple of weeks.some one on the noof
reminded me of that as I pointed out to some people at the Gen's game.Maybe I'm reading to much into this but why would he choose that color as the Gen's colors are red,white & blue scratch

Zador was drafted by Tampa and black and silver are the team colors. Same with the lightning bolts on his mask.
Hopefully the boys start to have some faith that when they out shoot another team by 20 shots they wont lose by 2. Good luck with the future Zador. Oshawa just wasent your fit.
Keep Brown he is coming into his own and is entertaining to watch.
Keep Berger, Dehart can be replaced with the young D we have.

im4the1320

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:21 pm

Zador plays for the Gen's not Tampa, Zador started the season with Gen's colors and switched.He was only drafted by Tampa he hasn't signed yet.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ00 Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:55 pm

hi fokes first time poster but long time fan/ season ticket holder.... i just wanted to share my thoughts as I do have a close friend who has an insight with the team and I have been reading on here and on the noof that a lot of people think it will be Brown as the odd man out... I happen to know for a fact it will not be Brown for a few reasons

a) he is great in the room and with the rookies

b) he brings a lot of leadership to the table watch him fokes he leads by example and yes I know someone will say he takes the odd dum penalty but so do a lot of power forwards its just learning to play on the edge without going over.

c) I also know for a fact that something BIG happened at Henry st l/y involving a player getting bullied and picked on and brown was the one that came to his defence left durham (his school) to come to the high school to help a mate it actually resulted in brown getting into a fight and the boys not going to school for a couple weeks even talks that they were going to be pulled from Henry for the year and placed else where but that never happened.

d) he is Dibs "boy" has been with Dibs along time so there's loyalty there so much to the point Brown wasn't even suppose to play this year here he was going to Ottawa for school but changed his mind AKA Dibs

I also don't think it will be De hart he too brings a lot of leadership and it wouldn't make since to trade for a top goalie only too get rid of one of your best d men (unless we can get a 19 year old d in return and hope he comes back next year) So this leaves Burger as the odd guy out.

JJ00

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next